missed period with Mirena IUD
Is it normal to have missed periods with the 5-Year Mirena IUD? I have only had it in for 5 Months and have been regular until now im about two weeks late. also what are the chances with getting pregnant while using them? does anyone have any info? Thanks
I just had mine put in April 14th.  I know you're supposed to have a period every month while on it, and the doctor suggest you get checked out if you've missed one.  

The pregnancy rate while on the Mirena IUD is 1 out of 1,000 woman a year.  

I just had my daughter in February.  While I was in labor, next to me was a lady that got preggo while on the IUD.  The Mother was telling me all about it.  So seriously, I think its higher then  they say.  I MAKE my husband pull out every time.  I don't take the chance of a little thing preventing a pregnancy.  

Let us know if you've got it, or if you find anything else out.  I'd like to know since I'm new to this as well.  

Good luck

You can also check out Mirena.com and that has info as well
It is very common for women on the Mirena IUD to have very light periods or no periods at all, but it is always good to test anyway.

I had the copper IUD which doesn't have any hormones and I think that was 99% effective, at least, I never skiped a period for almost 3 years, but it works very differently than the mirena.

You should talk to your doctor about it, but I have heard and read that it happens very often.
i've had my mirena since october of 08. i bled for 8 weeks straight and after that i had the break through spotting and my regular period. now...i have a 3 day period. prior to my pregnancy i had a 5-7 day HEAVY flow. the 3 days is 1st day spot, 2 nd day normal flow, 3rd day spot.

my ob told me that within 6-12 months there is a good chance that periods will end. until it's taken out or replaced.
I had my mirena IUD for 2 years and did not have a period the entire time. I did not even spot. The doc said that is getting to be pretty common with women, no period on it.
i had mirena and i never had bleeding when i had it it was in for 3 yrs till we decided we wanted another
I just got mine inserted..have throbbing pain on one side every once in a while and have missed my period already...i just had a D and C a month ago and got the iud inserted..just worried ...missing my period isnt an issue..getting knocked up again will upset me..somebody email me if missing your period already is normal? ***@****