Maternal & Child Community
mmr vaccine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

mmr vaccine

Hello everyone!  I'm looking for input on giving my 2 year old his mmr vaccine while I'm ttc. Some sites say it's fine while others say to wait a month after he receives it because it has a live virus in it?  I'm not looking about advice whether or not he should get it.  He's a year late in getting it already because I wanted to do my research and feel comfortable giving it to him.  I just want to know if I'm better off just waiting an extra month to get preggo.  I had a mmiscarriage last month so I'm eager to start trying again but I'd never forgive myself if something happened to new baby because I couldn't wait one extra month!
I don't understand what his vaccine has to do with you ttc all kids needs there shots when there due
I know, but apparently your not supposed to ttc one month after ur child gets any live virus shot
Sassy,  from what I can understand online you are right.  

You've waited a year to give this vaccine to your child - it seems like you are a patient person - I think you should wait a month to conceive after your toddler gets the MMR.

Seems like the safe thing to do.
Thx rockrose, ur right.  One more month won't hurt
Hi there, my son was purely breast fed and he used to poo every 7-10 days. He peed lots and had do problem. The midwives and doctors used to say it's not a problem and that it was normal. We worried heaps though. He's now 2.5 and he is still doing good. I must say he always had issues later of being slightly constipated when he went on solids after 6 months. Your son might have a similar digestive system as my son. Just make sure he is peeing constantly... That's yhr advise I got from the pedi and midwives
Sorry wrong thread!
I think you should trust your gut. Do what you think is right. You could also talk to your child's pediatrician to get their opinion to help you make the right decision for you. Good luck! :)