Maternal & Child Community
morning sickness shortly after conceiving?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is morning sickness possible 3 days after conceiving?  I have been nauseous almost continuously since three days after sex during or near ovulation.  It is now 1 week later and I have diahhrea...could it be I have a stomach flu? I was nauseous for 1 week and my stools were fine..just today I have diahhrea.  THanks in advance....I hope I am pregnant!
Avatar n tn
Hi there Mckellamom...

It's unlikely.

Implantation happens right around 7 days past ovulation (4-10), and you won't even start making the hcg until then.  

They say alot of women don't even experience the nausea until 4-5 weeks (past last AF)...

I don't know, though. I'm not a doctor and I've been wrong before.

But, I've also gone through the whole thinking I'm pregnant thing shortly after O --- And I haven't yet conceived.

Take it easy, and don't think about it for a few weeks. (If I could just follow my own advice....  :)
(Oh, but definitely stay away from any alcohol / smoke in the meantime.. It's also good to start the folic acid supplements if you haven't already)

Keep us updated.
-Heather

Avatar n tn
hi,

I had diarrhea in the beginning with both of my pregnancies.  Most people have the opposite, constipation.  It usually is off and on for me for the first 6 weeks or so.

Sending good vibes your way!!
Dawn
Avatar n tn
I had diarrea (diarrhea) too, headaches and sleepyness about one week after , but nothing else.: )it wasnt till I found out I was PG that I really started to feel gross, but Im 3 months now and feel like I can have my life back...lol = )

Avatar n tn
Hey, I had diarrhea pretty bad for a couple of days about 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant. I felt really "off", not normal.
Avatar n tn
When I first got pregnant I started felling sick right away.  If I where you I would ask if you would be carrying twins.  That is why I was so sick.  I vomited everyday for the first 4 months.  It started right way!