Maternal & Child Community
mucous ever since miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

mucous ever since miscarriage

i have posted this issue before but can't really get anywhere with it.  ever since miscarriage (no D+C) in July my periods are pretty regular but i have these long string of musous hanging out only during my period.  and the blood comes out in globs sometimes long globs .  gyne isn't concerned but can't explain.  i don't think it's normal. periods start out dark spotting for a couple of days (as many as 5, as few as 2, turn red for about 2 days, not heavy, and then dark for a couple of days.  any input?  also a get this rash over my whole body whenever i get in the tub, more prominent during ovulation. started a couple of months ago.
Funky things have been going on with me since my m/c too.  I also m/ced in July and have had irregular cycles ever since.  My AF is very clotty, not so much mucous.  If the doc told you not to worry, I'm sure its nothing major.  There are things about my body and cycle that changed after the m/c that still haven't gone back to the way they were before and my doc isn't concerned.  Wish I could be more help.  Good luck!
i mc-ed on 1/22, and this morning b4 i went to da doc for my check up i saw a long string similar 2 urs. i think its just your body gettin back to being on its period. also u are more likely tc at this point, hence that stringy stuff which is great for the sperm to get to the eggs quicker! hope dat helped a lil!
I m/c early Nov, no d/c and I've experienced the same mucous discharge.  I'll have either straight blood stream out with large colts to follow or i'll have stringy or mucous stuff comes out.  My doctor said this was normal.  But my levels are still not at zero - dr is thinking some tissue still is caught in my utuerus that a d/c won't get.  I'm going back to the drs weekly to have my blood tested.  If I learn anything else I'll let you know.
I realise that these posts are very old but was wandering if anyone can still help asI am experiencing very similar things and have frankly lost faith in the doctors' opinions. I miscarried in July at 4 months pregnant, with no obvious reason other than soem kind of infection detected in the placenta. i bled continuously for 9 weeks, mostly very lightly although at times very erattic (extremely heavy to very light again). The doctors fobbed me off with treatments such as antibiotics and a progesterone only pill, saying that it would be much quicker than organising a scan-! Eventually I had a sudden and very heavy bleed at work and went straight to hospital where I blacked out and was pretty ill for 24hrs. i was given antibiotics IV before having a scan to confirm there were 'remenants of conception' left, and I the had an ERPC. The bleeding stopped within a few days of the op which I have read is a sign of your cervix closing. A week later I have started getting some of this stringy, mucous like discharge mostly completely clear. I had this in the bleeding period after my miscarriage, varying mixtures of blood and discharge. I have never had this before my miscarriage, which inceidentally was my second pregnancy- first pregnancy completely normal and healthy. I'm worried it may be a sign that there is still infection or material in my uterus that shouldn't be there. I have not had a follow up scan offered to me.
I am going through the same thing. After a month of bleeding light after my miscarriage I starting bleeding really bad passing clots. I thought I was bleeding to death. I went to the Dr. and he said that I had a small piece of tissue left and scraped my uterus right there. I could barley walk for 24hrs. I was so dizzy and sick. I bleed for around 5 days and stopped completely. Then started (around normal ovulation time) to get that mucus, so I thought I was ovulation. But I'm still getting it and sometimes it's light or brown bleed w/ it. My question to you is what is it and what has happened w/ your body since!  I really want my period to come so we can start trying again. Sorry for your lose and I really know the emotions you've gone through and it *****!
Hi, Really sorry to hear you are going through a similar experience. I have had a check up now. After the ERPC I seemed to have a normal cycle and had a normal period of 4-5 days. I had the check up appointment in the middle of the next cycle and had an internal scan. They said the lining was thin and normal for that time (although got the impression I wasn't ovulating normally yet- some comment about my hormones not quite catching up). I have again had stringy mucous around the time of ovulation this cycle so haven't ruled it out as the cause. As I said before I've never had it before miscarriage though. I was on the pill for years before my first pregnancy. Only had 1 cycle off pill before falling pregnant and again only 1 cycle following birth of my first child and stopping breastfeeding before falling pregnant again. So is it that the pill had masked signs in a more natural cycle? The consultant who recently checked me suggested I be screened for BV (bacterial vaginosis) as the cause of miscarriage is still a mystery. I am wandering whether the stringy mucous could be a symptom of that. I'm planning to be screened soon so will let you know the result.
Hope you keep healing physically and mentally. Because my miscarriage was so late most people I see or know, know about it. Many comment on how strong I am. However it is hard still having to talk about it to people on a regular basis and I've again recently had moments when I just have to sob for a while. Think its the only real grieving I've experienced and it doesn't just disappear. x