Maternal & Child Community
my baby died of cord coil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

my baby died of cord coil

last aug 15 2007 i induced because my baby died inside my womb,shes 8 1/2 months,7.2 pounds,our first baby,cord coil..why is it happened?i got a regular prenatal,aug 10 in a normal heartbeat,aug 13 pm she didnt move,im in trauma now w/ my husband and we both afraid that if i got pregnant again.from now 2 months no menstruation.
im sorry to hear that. i dont think there was nothing you did to cause that. when the baby is very active on, the cord can do things that cause harm to the baby. it can become knotted, which in turn cuts off the circulation of blood & oxygen, and in turn causes still birth, or it can get wrapped around the babies neck, causing more problems. there are other cases besides those 2 cases where the cord can cause major problems, but the fact remains that none of them are inflicted by you. therefore, they cant be prevented. i had an induction with my daughter in 2001 because the cord was wrapped really tight around her neck. at my previous appt.( a week before) it wasnt noticed. i was overdue already, and they immediately admitted me when they noticed it. it can happen at any give time. i worried about this happening again, as i am 20weeks pregnant now. if you are preggo, i would try not to worry. you can express your concern to the dr. as you get closer to the end. maybe they could monitor you more close. i plan on doing the same, as im afraid of experiencing that again. not all outcomes turn out good, and that's a huge fear of mine. but again theres nothing anyone we can do. its all the action of the baby. take care, and if you are pregnant, come back and keep us posted.
I am so sorry that this has happened. I am praying for you and your family.
My deepest condolences for you and your family for this loss. It is a terrible tradgedy, an accident and no ones fault.
I'm sorry for your loss.

im so sorry you had to go through that..losing a baby when your so close to having her had to be horrible. I wouldnt worry about trying for another baby and thinking this would happen again. It was just a thing that can happen to anyone whose pregnant. Good luck.
I am so very sorry for your loss.
My worst nightmare when pregnant.  I am sorry for your loss.
By the way, I second the notion that one loss of this kind does not mean you are at a higher risk for another loss like it.  Please talk to your doc about it.  You will find that it is one of those flukey things that has no real answer, but it does not run in the family so to speak.  Good luck!
You know there are so many tails that state don't raise your hands over your head because this can cause your babies cord to get wrapped blah blah blah. The truth is you did nothing to cause it.  Some babys have extra long cords that cause this to happen.  I am truly sorry for your lose.  
Try not to stress when you get pregnant again even though I know you will.  This is truly something that is rare, so have no fear I am sure your next pregnancy will be normal.  
Did the doc ever tell you that your childs cord was longer then normal?
I'm so sorry for your loss.
let me tell you that i am so sorry for that, you got me on the time, i am really suffering from my loss, i lost mine on may 7, and i am still not accepting it at all, i am dealing with a really hard pain in my heart, i am completely heart broken today, i lost mine because her cord was tied (spelling) and she wasn't getting enough oxygen, i was 37 weeks as well, and she was 7 lbs, and 20 inches, she was so beautiful, we miss her so much. we are trying but it is not working yet? i hope this month we have the chance.you did nothing hurt your baby, i am so sure, she just did not want to come, god don't want her to be with you, she is in a better place right now, i am not gonna tell you don't stress yourself for being pregnant again, it is so hard, and i really understand your need for a baby, right now. oh my god, i am really sorry. if you are pregnant, don't stress yourself worrying of bad things gonna happen, god is fair, and he will give another healthy kid soon ;)
I am so sorry for your loss.  I will keep you in my prayers.  God bless you.
to all...thanx for all your concerns!i'm glad coz i had menstruation now and again we will try to have baby again :)
I'm really sorry for your loss. I know how it feels loosing someone you are expecting to be with. It's like saying goodbye without given a chance to say Hello. I lost my baby too, at 38weeks due to multiple cord coil, one around his neck and one around his abdomen. Its been 4 months and the wound in my heart is still fresh. Like you, i don't know how to move on and pick up the pieces.
Good luck to us and i wish that we could perceive God's reason why it happened.
hi all!I thank god...1yr & 5months of waiting....im 2months pregnant now...i hope it won't happen again...thanks to all your prayers and all the advice...salamat!
thats great!
Congratz and I am so sorry for you previous loss! God Bless and I will think of you often! BTW Stick around and maybe even try out a pregnancy forum on MedHElp
please dont be hard on u
u should take care urself well even if it is hard ..try to focus on this pregnancy ..and pray..we all pray for the best outcome..God had a very good reason for that baby to live in heaven not on earth..take care honey
congratulations