Maternal & Child Community
my son is in the hopsital..... freaking out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ok, i took Isaa (3 weeks and 2 days old) to the pediatrics office on Monday because he was throwing up everything soon after feeding. He hasn't been gaining his birth weight back fast enough. On monday when we to the docs office he was 7.10 oz and his birth weight was 8.6 and its been 3 WEEKS.... so they admitted him to the hospital monday night... and were still here. they ran a lot of tests and they cant see why hes not gaining weight fast enough...this is really taking a toll on me.... i fill like a failure as a mother to him... this didn't happen with my other son.... i don't know what to do... today they weighed him, hes gained 2 oz.... they don't know when they are going to let him go home....
I am sorry you and your baby are going through this. I hope they get to the bottom of this and that you get good news. Is he breast or formula fed? I will pray for you both.
I am so sorry you are going through this.  pray pray pray.  My dd was admitted twice so far Once in October at 5 months and again last week at 7 months.  It is a horrible helpless feeling.  Just like you they did not know what was wrong with her and still dont.  She has seizures or soemthing like them.

Good luck to you.  Pray.
I had that similar problem with my son. He had a pyloric stenosis(a growth on his stomach).I went through that same feeling of being a failure but I came to realize it was not my fault.I just had to perserve for the doctors to find a cause.They told me just had colic.I knew it wasnt the case when I was feeding him with a dropper and soon he threw that up.Its a very trying time.Know that your baby loves you and you can never fail him.Hang in there things will get better.My prayers and thoughts are with you.
You are not a bad mother.  I know that when something doesn't go as plan, we blame ourselves but, your doing great.

I dont want to scare you but maybe what I have to say will help you. A friend of the family had a baby earlier this year.  He was having problems keeping his food in and had a blockage in his intestants. They had to do surgery because he wasn't thriving.  Well after the surgery, he's thriving at an unbelievable rate and is perfectly healthy.
You are not to blame and I know your hormones are going crazy but try to keep it together. I know it's so terrible to have a sick baby but, he will be ok.  I will pray for you guys.

Good luck and let us know how he is.
its heartbreaking to have your little one in the hospital...  i pray that God will take care of your son and you too.
I'm so sorry! I will keep you both in my thoughts!
Pray...God hears you!!  Blessings to you and dear baby.
well they did do an ultrasound on his stomach and intestine, and they both came back fine.... so that is a blessing, its just getting him to eat more and stay awake (he sleeps soooo much during the day and its hard to get him to eat, because he doesn't want to wake up).... thank you all for your prayers and advice... they're saying we MIGHT go home today but theyre not sure.
that's great his u/s came back w/ good results!  he'll be fine, God is taking care of him...  i hope you get to go home tonight.
I hope they get to the bottom of it and you and the baby feel better soon.  Good luck and all the best.
Good luck! I know how horrible and scary hospital stays can be!!! My little man had the same problem this week, was throwing everything up, but it ended up being a reaction to the amoxicillin they had him on! Keep us posted.
WE ALL WIL PRAY FOR HIM!
Just keep on praying! You are not a failure to your little guy, you care about him and you are doing the best you can! Hang in there!
thank you all for the advice and prayers :) were still here.... hopefully we go home today... *fingers crossed*