Maternal & Child Community
my tooth hurts!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

my tooth hurts!

Well day 10 is finally here, I'm really excited to start ttc, especially as this is my last chance to get preggo before my due date would have been for my previous loss. Not to mention I kinda like the thought the baby would end up being a libra like me (or even have the same birthday as me). The problem is I have a tooth with a previous filling from an old dentist, that needed touching up. Well a piece broke off my tooth and now its verrrry painful and am afraid he will no longer be able to save it. I've read it depends on the dentist if they will do anything during pregnancy. I'm pretty sure this dentist would, as he was confident enough to remove an absessed tooth previously without using antibiotics first, plus he's a dental surgeon. My poor friend had to go her entire pregnancy in agony because her dentist wouldn't touch her. Has anyone had teeth removed or had fillings during pregnancy? I don't wanna miss out on my opportunity to ttc because of a stupid tooth, but don't wanna be in agony all through pregnancy :/
I think most dentist have a problem in the last trimester because of the risk of bleeding. I had a large filling done in a tooth that I broke at about 4 months pregnant and it was done with a local and it all went fine the dentist didn't have a problem with it. Good Luck I hope you feel better soon and get your BFP.
Thanks for the advice :) So I called the dentist and hes getting me in Monday, so it wouldn't even have implanted yet if I do get preggers this month :) But it is good to know about the third trimester thing..Guess I really need to talk with him about my ttc plans..So far I've been carefully scheduling appointments during my AF lmao..
so I went to the dentist today, and confessed there is a possibility that I'm pregnant. He wouldn't do anything except remove the filling that was cracked and put a temporary in, and said it should hold fine until I have the baby if I am pregnant. He did it without using any freezing at all. He also said that I can have more work done after I'm 16 weeks, or sonner only IF it's an emergency (If I'm in a lot of pain)He also said that because I have had a miscarriage in the past, that he needs to have my doctors permission to do any work during pregnancy.
So I'm glad I had that talk with him, it took a lot of weight off my chest, as I still have a few fillings to be put in. He removed a couple of infected teeth a couple of months ago, so he said I shouldn't worry about my teeth if I am pregnant, as I don't have to worry about my bad teeth being a danger to the baby :)