Maternal & Child Community
neddle like twinges in my stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

neddle like twinges in my stomach

hello i have been having some needle like twinges in my stomach.they are not painful, its just that i feel them there, and i wanted to know what they could be?i'm now waiting until i can take a hpt, sure that i concieved this time. are there any signs that you all might have had during this time frame? my temps have been in the 98's for three straight days now and AF is not due until the 1st. i hope this will be the one. any advise would be great. thanks!!! S-michelle
18+ days of high temps indicates PG and the twinges you are feeling is the cyst that developes on the overy after ovulation. it produces progesterone that raises your temp and makes your womb sticky and ready for implant. i hope you get your BFP this month and keep us posted:)

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie
I just wanted to say that I had that will all 3 of my pregnancies so good luck!
HI! yOU COULD BE PREGNANT. i FELT TWITCHES IN MY STOMACH IMMEDIATELY WITH MY SECOND PREGNANCY. i THINK IT IS JUST MUSCLES PREPARING THE GROWTH OF THE UTERUS, IF U ARE PREGNANT. aLL i CAN SAY IS i FELT TWITCHING ALMOST IMMEDIATELY , AND i WAS PREGNANT.
you should have ovulated from the symptoms you are describing....you should always BD while you have these twinges you might ovulate late. once you have ovulated sex is for fun....you have to do it before to catch the egg. 3 days of high temps suggests that you ovulated 3 days ago and that 14 days from that date you can test. remember to have sex BEFORE you ovulate to catch the egg....BBT tells you AFTER. most docs recommend BDing from CD 7 till 7 days prior to AF to ensure you catch the egg no matter how early or late.

i would test no sooner than 14 days after ovulation or the day after you missed AF to ensure accuracy. many of us test too early and it not accurate or emotionnaly healthy. the twinges you may be feeling are due to the overy thst released the egg. a cyst is formed on that overy and it can produce pains from time to time from ovulation till your period decides to come or till you are 12-14 weeks PG. hope this helps.

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie
SO IS THIS A SIGN THAT THE IMPLANTATION ALREADY HAPPENED? OR SHOULD I BE BABY DANCING NOW?THANKS A BUNCH LADIES!
Well, don't know if this helps any, but I started having those twinges today too, and as I am hoping to be pregnant myself and AF is due in a couple days, I took an early Pregnancy Test.... my results were a very very faint positive....so faint it was barely there, but it WAS a positive....we are waiting till Sun to take another test. But from the sounds of it, it IS possible that is a sign of your pregnancy. So heaps of luck and baby dust!! :D Keep us posted!
I have been having a sort of muscle spasm feeling in my stomach. Almost like it felt when my baby moved in my first pregnancy. I cant be that far along...my last period began on Aug. 10. I had unprotected sex on Aug 26th . Any advice?
i am 33 years old, and trying to conceive.
for the last 3 months i have been taking **** quai, royal jelly, vitex, and all vitamins you could imagine.
prior to that, clomid...i became pregnant, but misscarried :(
now for the last 2 days i have twinges in the stomache, sorta feeling it on the left side...
i had a child 12 years ago, bit last year i was told i had pcod, but the more i read about pcod...most of the writings say no regular periods...but i have them every 28 days. i dont know. we want to have another child sooooo bad. and i am just hoping with all of my heart all of these postings i read, aare real.
i wanna extend our family.
thank you
Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone can help me. I have a clearblue fertility monitor and on Day 17 it was in Peak time, so I know I have ovulated this month. My partner and I did the business the day before the peak was showing, on the day the peak was showing and I think the day after too... This was 8 days ago now as I am on day 25 now, I have been getting pains in my stomach which almost feel like trapped wind but I am sure its not this... Could I have caught this month?????? Thank you
Hi people,

I just come off the contraceptive pill 2 months ago and have been trying to conceive for the last month. I had       every single day. I have had low cramps in my stomach for the past 2 weeks and now i have twinges in the left hand side just above my hip and it feels like trapped wind as well. It comes and goes. My AF is due in 3 days time so im hoping to be pregnant. Im not going to do a pregnancy test yet as dont want to be disappointed.
Hi im 20 years old I had a little boy june last year & 2 months after he was born I had the implant inserted so ive had it in for over a tear now.  For the past couple of weeks ive veen having twinges in my tummy n feeling dizzy. does anyone know what this might mean?