Maternal & Child Community
need support - one year old terrible sleeper

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ryan is a little one year old newborn lol - he wakes 5-6 times a night.  If i am luck there is one night he wakes 3 times.  anyone else deal with this before?
oh, yeah...sounds very familiar.  DD's 21 month and recently started to do the same thing.  I'm clueless as to what to do.
WOW, do the memories come back quickly.  My daughter was up every 2 hours from the day she was born until she was about 18 months old.  We tried everything. I tried the Dr. Sears method (although I admit I wasn't too good at letting her cry it out), we tried sitting on her floor, ....the list goes on.  Finally, she was ready to sleep all night and we ended up putting her toddler bed in our bedroom and that's how we got her to sleep.  Good luck!
it helps so much to know i am not the only one - ryan is about every two hours and man does he cry and move around
Whenever my daughters teeth are about to poke through she is a horrible sleeper.
She was one on May 9th and has 16 teeth!!!!
Kris, are his reflux meds still okay for him?  Cam was waking up screaming in pain, between the constant ear infections, the pneumonia, and the teething, I wasn't paying attention to the reflux.  They have increased his meds and tweaked them again just this past week, and it's starting to help Cam.  Watch what goes on when he wakes crying, is he in pain, or just hungry, or bored.  Could be a habit at this point, but I bet something's going on and the cry it out method won't help if that's the case.  Also, I have not given Cam whole milk.  Our ped warned us that is can actually make the reflux worse.  We tried it once to see and it was awful, just like the colic days.  He was up most of the night screaming, not even crying.  He can handle some dairy, but not too much, and hte milk we are still putting off.  He drinks soy milk, a little more spendy, but way worth it.  I hope he feels better, talk to your Dr.  Good luck.