Maternal & Child Community
need to know if pregnant asap, i'm taking medication that could har...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

need to know if pregnant asap, i'm taking medication that could harm the baby

Hi, DH and I have been trying to conceive for over 2 years.  I am on CD27 and I think I have been having pregnancy symptoms.
I have been having irregular periods, and last one was 36 days, so I am not sure what this one is supposed to be.

I started taking fertility herbal medicines over 3 months ago, and I know I cannot take them if I am pregnant.

I have been having nausea, and a cramp or pull in left side right in the middle below belly button for the past 4 days.  I have taken 3 HPT's all negative.

I really need to know if I should stop taking my medication just in case I am pregnant or keep going with it.  If I stop and I am not pregnant it may ruin my cycle next month.

Thanks for any replies
if regular tests don't show anything, arrange with your doctor to get bloodwork done. in the meantime, I'd stop taking the medicine. It's worth ruining one cycle than risk hurting your baby.

Good luck.
Jam, talk to your family doctor about a blood test, those are often far more accurate than HPT's.  Wishing you all the best!
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the replies, I bought hpt's off the internet which detect as low as 10ml of hcg.  So would a blood test really detect anything that these hpts couldn't?
Avatar n tn
What kinds of symptoms are you having?
Avatar n tn
Symptoms-

Nausea, creamy cm, and pain on left side near middle, which has lasted about 3 or 4 days.