newborn chewing fists
OK, so I have a healthy DS, 9 weeks old tomorrow :) And for the past 2 days he has been chewing his fists like crazy?  Is he just discovering his hands....I don't think he could possibly be teething yet???  What are some other reasons that he would be chewing on his hands????
Sooo cute...

It is possible he could be teething -- some kids get teeth earlier than others.

But, babies are very sensory and learn a lot from putting things in their mouth (that's why you have to watch them very carefully and keep small things out of their reach).  He may just be exploring and his hands are very convenient.  Personally I find it very charming and nice that they have toys at the ready!

Is he drooling a lot -- common symptom of teething...or in pain/discomfort?

But babies really do enjoy putting things in their mouth -- my 12 w U/S showed my little bean sucking on his/her hand!

Good luck and enjoy!!
He drools a little bit....but doesn't seem as if he is in pain.  I have tried to give him a binky, but he won' t take it...congrats on your lil one!!!
wow 9 weeks that would be a REALLY EARLY teether.  My dd had 8 teeth at 8 months and she was really early.  My dd chewed on her fist like crazy and it was forever before she got her first tooth.  She chewed and chewed and chewed.  I think it is probably more like a pacifier for him.  I wouldn't think teeth but you never know.  
i think that is too cute. my co-worker brought her son to work today for his immunization shots. he's 7 weeks, and is doing the same thing. to me it seems as if he finds his hands, and his natural instinct is to put them in his mouth. wouldnt think it's teething this early on. if im not mistaken i remember watching a video tape of my dd at only 3 weeks old, doing the same exact thing. im sure they were doing it from inside the womb.

best wishes with your little one. enjoy!
It is probably just the suckling instinct taking over!!  
They start the teething process way early, you may not see teeth for a few months though.  My son had 2 little white bumps around 9 weeks and they rise and go back, at 15 weeks no teeth yet, but he's getting irritable and diaper rash now too.  I'm hoping they show soon, he's miserable, my first son did not get teeth till 7 months, but around 4 months really began to drool and chew.  Baby might just love to chew on hands too....
My son is 3weeks and does this.  This is when he is hungry.