no baby heart beats on ultrasound at 9 weeks, is it normal?
I'm 9 weeks pregnant now. Last weeks, I had a pelvic ultrasound done for the first time and found out that there was no baby heart rate. The nurse practioner suggested me to have the 2nd ultrasound done again this week after 8 days from the first to see if there are heart rates detected at this time. Again, no heart rate detected and she also said that the fetal size for this week is still the same like last week (the baby does not grow in size.) She said to me that it's likely that the baby cannot survive and ask me to see the OB/Gyn MD tomorrow. We're very nervous and stressed out right now. I'm afraid that the MD might suggest D&C.  Does anybody fall into this situation like me ? Please let me know. Thank you. El
I'm sorry you are going through this.  It sounds like your NP is treating you appropriately, and the OB should be able to make a diagnosis.

Many hugs coming your way.  Waiting is the hardest thing.
I'm sorry, I had this happen to me after 2 natural miscarriages.  I too felt so worried and hopeful though because I wasn't miscarrying naturally, I didn't want to believe it.

I waited until a 3rd u/s was done though.  

Both the children i gave birth to showed heartbeats at 5 weeks and 5 days....So I knew at 9 weeks...my Drs were right.  I had to have a d&e, it was so hard.

I'm sorry you are going through this but I too believe they are taking the right steps.

Blessings and hugs to you
I am in the same situation as u, I had my first ultrasound done on tuesday and no heartbeat was detected according to LMP i should be 10 weeks but according to fetal growth its only 9 weeks. I am currently undergoing blood tests to measure my hormone levels and going for a 2nd ultrasound in 2 weeks for a second opinion. Its up to u wat u want to do but if the news is bad i will not be getting a d&c, doctors can be wrong. There was a woman on another website that was in the same position as us and she had low hormone levels and they were dropping quite rapidly and the doctor told her that her baby was dead and should go and have a d&c. She didint beleive him and waited for another 2 weeks and then went and had another ultrasound and the baby was fine and they found a strong heart beat. It just goes to show that docs can be wrong and im not giving up on my baby until i actually miscarry myself. Good Luck and let me know wat happens.
Hi Abbey89:

Thanks for your email/feedback. We went to see MD today. He did vaginal u/s on me. Unfortunately, he couldn't see heart rates either for the 3rd time. In fact, the sac is shrinking a little bit and trying to pull out from the uterine wall. Unfortunately, the baby is dead per his diagnosis. I asked for the bloodwork and he said up to this point, it's not needed based on the the result of the vaginal u/s. Unfortunately, we're already scheduled to have d&c done next Tuesday Am. Please keep us in your thoughts &prayers. I'll keep you in my prayers too.
I had a miscarrage in feb the day after my ultra sound the fetus was the size of a three week old and i was 9 weeks. i am now three weeks and going thru the same thing. they checked my HCG(hormone growth level) i was at 51 one monday. they tested me wensday and my levels droped to 42. They are sending me and my husband to a genetic specialist. They think i might have blighetd ovum. You show all signs of being pregnate. your hormones go up and everything but all you produce is the sac or the fetus just stops growing. i am now having my second miscarrage. i know this is not good news but i just wanted to know you are not alone.