no heartbeat on u/s possible m/c
I just had my 1st prenatel exam today. They calculated me to be 10 weeks pg since my last mp on march 22, they could nt hear heartbeat so they sent me for an u/s. they did the belly u/s and transvag u/s. she said it was showing smaller than 10 weeks and she couldn't see a heartbeat. i had a m/c in feb and my doctor seems to think i am going to again. i am so scared and confused. she said i could wait for it to happen or schedule a d&c. i don't want to schedule a d& c if there is a possibility that it was miscalculated. i don't know what to do. what is wrong with me? i have two girls from my 1st marriage with no prob. i don't understand. can anyone give me some peace of mind? do i get a second opinion? please help me!
I would wait another week or two and see what happens.  After that I would get another U/S.  You may not be as far along as you thought.  We I got pregnant I ovulated two weeks later than normal and the same thing happened to me.  I am 13w now by numerous U/S and everything is fine.  Have they monitered your HCG level.  That will tell you for sure.
Thank you for your quick reply. i had low progesterone levels so was on suppositories which made the levels go up, as far as my hcg i asked her today and all she said was "it's been going up".  i'm just so scared. i feel like such a disappointment. what do i tell everybody? i'll take your advice and wait it out. it sure is doing a number on my emotions.
I've gone through that too. I was 12 weeks and they just found a sac that measured 8 weeks on the u/s. BUT I knew exactly when I concieved too. I don't want to give you falso hope, but sometimes those dates are off & if that was your first visit, they can't always pinpoint when you actually conceived. I would say to schedule another u/s in about a week,if you don't get a heartbeat by then, then talk to the doc about further options. Don't get a D&C if your not emotionally ready for it, you may always wonder what if. Your in my thoughts.
I would ask her to tell you your HCG levels, there is no reason to keep you in the dark.  As far as what to tell people, if you have told people to whom you are close now that you are pregnant, simply tell them a plain but not too elaborate few words about the issue right now.  In other words, explain that there is some question about how the ultrasound looks, so you are crossing your fingers.  They don't need a huge explanation but it will be helpful to you and to them if you can talk about where you are right now.  Good luck!  We'll keep our fingers crossed!
first of all you're not a failure and everyone will understand IF this is a miscarriage. and if not.. they'll be happy for you!
I'd wait.. personally if there is a glimer of hope then wait! :)
I really do hope things look more positive, might be worth asking how much your HCG levels are increasing by and asking for another scan. I'm sure the dr will understand your reluctance for D&C if there is any hope.

Hugs