Maternal & Child Community
no periods.. infertile?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

no periods.. infertile?

i have had irregular periods for years and have been diagnosed with systs. the last 8 months i have not had a period and have beeen trying to concieve (conceive).. am i fertile?
probably not.. do you have polycycstic ovarian syndrome, PCOS?  It kinda sounds like it.  The dr.'s can help and give you clomid to start and make you olvulate.  This happened to me and I used clomid but it thinned my lining so I had to do injectables.  But I did get pg.  I then lost a lot of weight and my period came back and I got pg the first month I tried with no meds.  If you are overweight with PCOS and you loose weight many times your periods will come back.  google pcos and see if that sounds like you.  Then ask dr.'s about it.