Maternal & Child Community
no sac on ultrasound in 5th week?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

no sac on ultrasound in 5th week?

I had an ultrasound yesterday, I'm 5w3d pregnant, my hcg levels are rising normally, but they didn't see anything on the ultrasound, not even a sac.  They want to repeat it in a few days.  They said it could be ectopic or it could just be too early.  I'm quite certain of my dates.  I'm terribly worried that this is ectopic.  Did anyone else have an ultrasound that showed nothing at this time but showed a sac in ther uterus a few days later?  Or does this resemble an ectopic that anyone has had?  I have no other ectopic symptoms but I'm wondering if there's any hope at all.  Thanks,
Brenner
Hi Brenner, I had a scan at 6 weeks when I started bleeding slightly, and there was nothing to be found in the womb. Again I was asked to come back and although the bleeding had stopped, there was still nothing so it was concluded I had miscarried. I found this strange as the bleeding was so slight. At 8 weeks I still felt nausea and felt pregnant and statred bleeding heavily. It was then when blood tests were done they decided to operate to see what was happening. There was definatly no baby in the womb, so after a general anaesthetic I awoke to be told it was infact an ectopic and at 9 weeks, quite large so I had been very lucky the tube had not ruptured. However the tube was too damaged and was removed. I would suggest you keep requesting tests incase it is ectopic, the earlier they find out, the less risk to yourself and your tubes. I went on to have 2 further gorgeous healthy baby's after the ectopic and am pregnant again now, so the best of luck to you. I know they do say you can not always see a foetus until 6 weeks on scan, so fingers crossed, if you have had no bleeding, you will be able to return for a later scan and it will be ok
Best Wishes to you, Kate from the UK
5 weeks is still very early, I have read lots of post that they did not see anything at 5 weeks and then later saw a normal healthy baby, think positive, like I said you are only 5 weeks.
I really am praying for you that this is just too soon as that is what carried me through with my pregnancy last month. i posted on here "no gestation sac at 6wks" 4/14/06. I waited a couple of days and then a week and still nothing but they couldnt even see an ectopic which v/scans 99%of the time can do. i was preped for a miscarriage and aware of everything that may or maynot happen, but unfortunately time is what i had to wait for. finally at end of wk 8 they saw the g/sac in uterus but showing only about 4wks so were not 100% that it was a prenancy. also my HCG levels were rising normally and showing much older pregnancy. My update which i have not share yet is that on the sunday i started to bleed, by last wednesday i had pain and was admitted to hospital in fear of an ectopic. went to theatre on thursday and they did a D&C and found cervix was opening, sent a mass they found in uterus away, next day results found i had miscarried :(.....this was my first and i kept hope from the wonderful support all the people gave me in here and with dh by myside the whole time i was ok with letting go.....Sticky Baby dust to you and i truly hope it is just too soon but i wanted to share a true story with you and prepare you for all scenarios........i am happy to say i hope to be back on the baby cart really soon but reality is i have pcos and this first was a miracle and i am proof that they do and can still happen! Hugs to all....
I am also about 5 weeks and my doctor did an v/ultrasound 4 days ago and saw nothing. I have another v/ultrasound in 3 days and I will definatly let you know what happens. I know how you feel, but my first reaction was that is was too soon to see anything, maybe you had a late ovulation and fertilization. Thats where my hopes are. What is your HCG level? Do you have any m/c symptoms? Good luck to you...:) Someone also wrote to me on the forum that you need hCG levels of at least 1100 to see anything, if it helps.
I saw my baby at 6 weeks, good luck
I just went for my first ultrasound after some cramping this afternoon. I thought I was 6 weeks, Infact, I prob am 6 weeks. The doc saw nothing but a strange 'blob' with nothing in it. My blood test came back 3000. I think it might be a blighted ovum. This is my first pregnancy. my sister in law gave birth to a healthy baby this afternoon. I am so scared, I dont want to get my hopes up for the next blood test. My heart hurts. How can a person feel this sad? How can I feel like such a failure when I know it's not my fault? I have read all you'r guys posts and they have made me feel less alone, but I dont know how I am going to make it.
Thanks so much for all your comments and thanks for sharing your stories.  I'm so sorry for your losses.  I'm 6w today and going for a repeat ultrasound this afternoon to try and locate the sac. I'm hoping they at least find it in the uterus, even if it isn't viable, but if they don't I'm sure at this point we'll have to assume it's ectopic and treat it as such.  I'll post again to let everyone know what happens.  Thanks again for your support.
Brenner
Brenner, I truly hope you have good news today.  I started bleeding 4 days after I found out I was pregnant.  It was quite devastating because I had a miscarriage 2 months before this pregnancy.  They did my hcg levels which were fine but they waited unitl 5 weeks to do the ultrasound.  At first my doctor said she couldn't see anything, but then just before stopping, she saw a tiny little sac.  But...  she had almost given up and was going to have me wait a week.  My hcg levels were higher than normal for 5 weeks, so she "gently" told us that she was cautiously optimistic about it.  I was sure of my dates, and because I believe I ovulate on day 11-12 instead of 14, I was probably closer to 5 weeks and a couple of days.  At the repeat u/s (6 weeks) we had a perfectlittle heartbeat.  I think there is hope since 5 weeks is still really early AND your hcg levels looked good.  So, I really hope that you are going to get good news.  To make a long story short...  I had bleeding with clots, cramping and all the "scary" stuff for 25 of the first 28 days, basically from 4 1/2 weeks to 8 1/2 weeks.  Now I am 26 weeks and baby is doing really well.  I know how scary it is, I am still afraid every day!!!  But I have faith in God and know that everything happens for a reason.  I was actually having an emotional "moment" today and that is why I am on this site.  I remember how scary what you are going through is, but I believe that there is hope.  Wishing you the best!!!
Thanks so much for your story, it gives me so much hope. And congratulations on your pg!
I actually did have sort of good news today.  They found a teeny tiny sac in my uterus.  It's not much more than an indecipherable blob, but still, not ectopic!  And my hcg numbers are getting much better.  They were doubling at 70 hours in the beginning, then 55 hours, and today they are doubling in under 48 hours, up from 4500 three days ago to 13550 today.  So on the one hand, my RE is slightly concerned that the sac seems underdeveloped for 6w, on the other hand it does seem to be a slow starter and the numbers are getting far better each time, not worse, and it seems to be picking up speed.  He's seen situations like this turn into healthy pgs so he has some hope for it.  And now that the ectopic scare is behind us, I just need to hope that the little sac will develop a heartbeat this week.  They're going to check hcg again on Thursday and then repeat the ultrasound next Tuesday at 7w1d to give it a chance to make a significant leap in growth to match the hcgs.  I'm not incredibly optimistic at this point, as it seems it should be much farther advanced than it is, but I'm not giving up hope yet.
Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate it and it's helped tremendously.
Brenner
Hi Brenner,...I am terrified....

I went for anultrasound twice and both times the doc saw nothing not even a sac.

We are not sure exactly how far along I am, but my lmp was march 18....I do have a long cycle....and founf out I was pregnant from a blood test on april 20, so I found out really early...

I wanted to know when you say you are 7 weeks, do you mean from your lmp? or from when you may have conceived?

It is possible I am only 5 weeks from conception...I just have to wait and it's really hard....

Iam so happy they found your sac, such good news....

please tell me if you exactly how far along you are from when you conceived not lmp,
thank you,
and anyone else with info, i would really really appreciate it, I am so scared to miscarry this baby...

hello Brenner, do you have an update?

My situation looks not so good, i started spotting a few days ago, and it gets heavier every day. I am expecting to miscarry at any moment.

Somehow I have come to accept it will not be happening this time, and there is no baby.

I want to move on. So I pray this goes quick.

I want to get pregnant again asap.

good luck to all, lotsa baby wishes...

let us know how you are doing Brenner, I hope good, with a healthy baby.

hello to all,
              just wanted to say that i will be hoping for the best for everyone in this thread i am going thru the same thing had both ultrasounds done transvaginal and the abdominal one on 5/23/06 LMP was on 04/11/06 that put me at 5wks 5days on the day of the US reason for the early US is had loss in 02/2005. all the doctor could tell me was that there was a gestational sac and yolk sac viewed but no fetal pole or heartbeat i have to return on 6/7/06 for a follow up ultrasound and am so worried i have no bleeding or spotting as in the previous pregnancy but some less than mild cramping though i have no morning sickness i do have very tender breasts and tired almost all day. i dont know maybe it is to early to see anything else just guess will have to wait and see. anyone else has had this diagnosis about hte gestational sac and the yolk sac would really like to know. thanks and god bless to all :)
hi all... i have a very long history of many ectopics (lost right tube and ovary to a rupture), and a partial molar pregnancy.  I find myself pregnant again now.. but concerned. My last LMP was strange, and lasted 12 days.  It began on 4/22 and ended on 5/5.  I confimed a positive blood test on 5/23 HCG of 314... two days later 1212,  five days later 11,000.  I had an ultrasound on the 30th of May and they see a gestational sac in the uterus, but nothing else at this time.  My HCG level tht day was 11,000.  Is that cause for concern?  I am honestly not sure of how many weeks i am due to the strange length of my LMP.  I know i conceived approx 5/7.   I have another U/S on Monday and want to know anyones thoughts or similar experiences.
I just returned from an emergent OB/GYN appointment at my request.  I am (was?) 7.5 weeks pregnant but started bleeding lightly last week, then a bit more heavy this weekend, passing a small amount of tissue in the process.  I kept one piece that was about 1 inch and in my heart of hearts I think it was the bulk of the fetus.  I froze it, as I've read, and gave it to my doctor after the ultrasound he just did.  He said he didn't see anything in my uterus and believes I might be in the final stages of a miscarriage.  This was not a planned pregnancy (I'm 44, believe it or not) because I already have two teenagers, but when I did my pregnancy test on 5/12/06 and it read positive I was overwhelmed with unexpected happiness.  Now I wait for the doc to call me to see if the hormone levels are negative (completely miscarried fetus) or positive.  If the latter, he said I could still be miscarrying, or possibly pregnant.  I wasn't born yesterday and I think he threw that last bit in just to be nice.  Can anyone talk to me?

El in SFO
hi

i was exactly in the same time period as you were. 5 weeks and 3 days and they could not see anything. what happened with me was that i had slight spotting, very minor. but i got worried and went to emergency. i was also having pain in my legs, back and sometimes around naval. so the doctor got suspicion of ecotopic. my bloods were also done. i had the scan. at that time my hcg level were around 3000. in ultrasound they could not see even the sac. so i was referred to gynae. they checked me all over but i was not having any pain in the stomach when they were checking. they suggested to take another blood sample. and asked me to come in another week for the scan. luckily my hcg levels were rising normally, which gave me hope. but still i had a very tense time thinking what if it is ecotopic. when i was 6 week 4 days, i had another scan and they saw the baby. heart beat was also fine. i think  that yours is also very early to see. and hopefully you will find out in a week that everything is fine. best of luck

Mi name is Michelle and im 24 years old, last week 6/06/06 i found out that i was pregnant thru a urine home test i was happy and everything went well...

Yesterday 6/12/06 i started a very slight bleeding and a little  pain i got scared and went to emergency, they did the scan of my blood and the HCG was 6620 determining that i am on my 5th 3 days week of pregnancy( i knew that before the test was even done), they did the ultrasound (both abdominal and transvaginal) and they couldnt see anything just the Gest sac in my uterus but it was empty, the doctor said that i might have an ectopic pregnancy but he couldnt tell either, i went to the hospital again today 6/13/06 and they did another blood test to check how fast my hormones are increasing i sat there for 2 hours and they couldnt say anything because their machine broke down!!... now im rescheduled for thursday and they will do another blood test and they will tell me they level of my hormones of today and compare it to the one that will de done on thursday... can somebody tell me what are my chances??? i do want this baby... so far today i am not bleeding or having any pain...

I am desperate this is so hard and the depression is killing me...

thank you

Michelle
hi everybody, im new. i also had an ultrasound last week and they could not see anything either, they told me also that it could be an etopic preg or just to early. However i had a blood test done on the 13/06/06 and it had the my HCG levels were 754. Does anybody know how far based on these reading i could be pregnant

thanks jac
Hi there,

I have the same problem as Rosie.  I'm 6 and a half weeks pregnant and I had an ultrasound yesterday to monitor an existing medical condition.  The technician found no sign of a baby, but a sac that she estimated was only about 4 weeks and 2 days.  I have to go back in two weeks for another ultrasound to see if they can find the baby.  I'm so scared!  I have had no bleeding or spotting and the only pregnancy symptoms I have are breast tenderness (not severe) and needing to urinate frequently.  Has this happened to anyone before?  Is there any hope that my baby is still alive?
From my limited info I understand that typically a sac and tiny baby/ or flicker are not expected to be seen until 6 weeks or so. Please remember girls the date the dr give us (IE 5 or 6wks) is usually  inaccurate of our actual date of conception by 1-2 weeks(earlier). So for example sometimes you may see nothing at 6 weeks because you are really only 4-5 wks. Things I was told to watch for are UTI's, thyroid levels and pregesterone levels. Also if anyone is not at ease with their dr and the info given and or attention had please seek an alternate OB.

I am 39 just had m/c. Levels were dropping so I kinda knew but it is horrible. Dr never told me I was at high risk due to my urinary tract infection. Also always ask about progesterone levels and supps. Good Luck to all. :)
Greetings all,

I have read several similar stories on here and sympathize with those that have experienced any kind of loss or complications thereof.  So, I felt compelled to share my pending situation with all of you...
I found through home pregnancy test a few weeks ago that I was expecting after experiencing symptoms.  I was immediately ordered an ultrasound to find out approximately how far along I might be (since I am considered high-risk), and when the day arrived and I was asked when my last menstrual period was, my hubby and I couldn't agree...so the tech told us that she would have to rely on measurement to determine a gestational age.  
During the ultrasound, she explained that it looked like I was not far along because there, on the screen, was a hollow, fluid filled sac and no sign of a baby or heartbeat.  She THEN added that if "I" was correct in my estimation, I would be right on track and things would progress normally...but, if my hubby was correct, then we were viewing a 'blighted ovum' and there would be no viable pregnancy.  So, I was ordered to return for bloodwork in a 48 hr. period to find if my HCG levels were doubling and another ultrasound to predict viability and a change in growth of the sac.  
THAT ultrasound was TODAY...
While the tech DID see a positive change in the gestational sac (it had gone from the fluid filled sac to a yolk sac within the week), the 'negative' news was in my bloodwork.  My HCG levels had decreased from 5100 on Mon. to 4100 by Wed...so I was told that at this point right now, it's not looking positive there will be any further development, although he stated that he HAS been fooled by numbers before which resulted in healthy pregnancies and live births.
So, once again, I have to wait the weekend...go back to have levels drawn on Mon. and return Tues. for ANOTHER ultrasound to determine if my levels are declining and if any other changes develop.
MY problem is...if this pregnancy is NOT viable at this point, I would much rather have my blood drawn again tomorrow to find if it is steadily dropping than prolong this any further.  I will admit that if it IS a blighted ovum, it would be easier to realize that if there is NOTHING there to show, there would technically be nothing to mourn when nature takes its course.  Yet with prolonging the situation, it would be harder to deal with if another progression takes place, YET my levels are falling and they would see 'something' more there...it would make it 10x harder knowing that there was a lifeform developing, and then have to lose it...
Sorry:

They estimate through measurement I am approximately 5-5 1/2 wks along as of now.  So I was told that the next ultrasound should detect a heartbeat and fetal growth, or I should prepare myself for D&C or natural miscarriage...
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am so depressed yesterday because I take pregnancy test last sunday and it was positive. On my count I was 5 weeks pregnant. But my doctor want to check if really I am pregnant. But no sac or yolk found to my uterus. I take clomid to ovulate. Is there anyone who used clomid and has positive pregnancy but o the 5 weeks no seen sac/yolk. I hope you will help me on my depression.

Leny
from phillipines
I'm sorry all of you are having to go thru this!  I'm the same boat with you.  I have had 5 miscarriages and took a HPT 06/03, positive.  My HCG levels were tripling every other day and things looked good until my vaginal sono on 07/10 and he saw nothing in the uterus.  They think I was 5 weeks, but my level was 2965, so we repeated 07/12, while I hoped it wasn't a tubal.  My level rose on 07/12 to 6,000 and he did see what could be a sac in the uterus, but wasn't sure.  No sign of a tubal, yet.  I go back in for a vaginal sono on 07/15, I'm praying for a definite pregnancy sac and the next week a flicker of a heartbeat!  Your responses and stories really help.  Thanks and good luck!
I am going through IVF cycle.on 26 / 07/ 06 when I am about enter into 6th week. But on 25/ 07/06 at the end of 5th week I saw slight red to brown spotting. My Dr did ultrasound,there is embryo sac, and there is no sign of pregnancy.  HCG levels came out as 900 on same day blood test. my Dr told me that miscarriage is in progress. From 26th I don't see any spotting. Is there any hope for me.

Please advise me.

Thanks in Advance
SORRy, there are some typos in my previous posting. I corrected them in this message. Please give me your advise for this one.

I am going through IVF cycle. on 25/ 07/06 at the end of 5th week I saw slight red to brown spotting. My Dr did ultrasound,there is NO embryo sac, and there is no sign of pregnancy. HCG levels came out as 900 on same day blood test. my Dr told me that miscarriage is in progress. From 26th I don't see any spotting. Is there any hope for me?. Dr is going to do another blood test tomorrow to check my HCG levels.
Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks in Advance
Hi, I found out I was pregnant July 14th and for the last week I had been spotting so I went in this morning and they did an internal ultra sound and found no sac, so they said it may be too early. I am going back tomorrow to see what the blood tests say. Did anyone get a regular ultrasound or did yall have internal? I really think that are missing it?
Hi, I'm new to this pregnancy thing. I did IVF and should be about 5wks, 5days pregnant with twins, but I experienced heavy bleeding with blood clots and tissue.  My scan showed up without sacs, but my cervix is closed.  I feel I have only lost one baby, but don't really know for sure. My doctor just said to wait and see.  Someone please share some light to give me hope!
I went top the doctor again today and my HCG levels are above 10,000 and they are not sure why they did not see a sac, I should be about 7 to 8 weeks they think. They are doing more HCg tests to see if they keep rising. If they do they will look again to see if there is a sac. I know God is in control no matter what. The doctor says I am a prime suspect of a miscarriage right now. Can anyone tell me if you bleed a lot when you miscarry?
My LMP was june 24th, my Dr says I am 5 weeks. I told him I know we did not conceive till the 8th july at the earliest making me just over 3 weeks. He did an ultrasound, My doctor saw what he called a very small sac, and said that with my hcg levels being 1600,it should have been the size of a small finger nail. He says things are not quite as they shoud be at 5 weeks and I may have a blighted ovum if my hcg levels don't rise after my results come in tomorrow, and to assume I will miscarry naturally.
I am quite stunned, I have checked out a few things and on pregnancy.org ask the expert, the Ultrasound expert of 23 Years, says all too often Dr's do these to early and worry mothers there is a possible problem. So I have some hope he may be incorrect. He even said himself my dates may be wrong and it could continue. Why on earth do they say anything at all if they are not 100% sure of the message they are conveying. It is so frightening. I pray he is wrong.
I wish you all success and much happiness in your lives.
Jacq
Hello again ladies,
I had rather bad pains for an hours or so last night, these subsided and I had a small amount of bleeding which also subsided.
I went to my Ob this morning and the ultrasound showed nothing , as I am supposed to be 6and a half weeks from LMP, the Doctor says that is is either too early due to dates being wrong, eptopic, though he saw no signs of that, but most likely I have lost the baby. He has done more bloodwork to see if my levels are still rising. Also I go for a follow up in 2 weeks.
We basically are accepting that this is a miscarriage, the percentage itof it not being so is very small. At least he doesn't want to do a D&C, which I am glad about. It is heartbreaking because we got attached so quickly.
I hoe you ladies are doing well and i wish much luck a babydust to everyone of you.
Jacqueline
Hi everyone,

I'm new here.

I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my first.  I just had my first OB ultrasound and the doctor saw a yolk sac but no fetus yet.  They told me that this is perfectly normal and that they expect to see a fetus and heartbeat in about 7-10 days.  I have my second ultrasound scheduled for 8/18.  I am not worried. We need to stay positive, girls!  Don't focus on the negative :)  Good luck to all of you!
Hi everyone, I am 7 weeks at 6weeks i had to go for internal scan as i has a light pink show,the scan showed a very healthy heartbeat but the doc says the sac was very small with alot of blood around it, has anyone heard of this?I have worried myself sick all week about this, at first she thought it was another baby, but with so much blood she now thinks its a clot.I have another scan in a few days time to see if the sac has got any bigger.
Hello there. My deepest felt sympathies to everyone going thru a miscarriage or etopic. I have been pregnant 5 times and I only have my beautiful Jade, hense my nickname, truely my miracle. My first preganacy (pregnancy) ever was an etopic, the strange thing was and what baffeled my doctor is I never had any pain, really none. She was able to save my tube and a year later I had Jade. Then ever since then almost fours years now has been miscarriage after miscarriage. I think I am having one right now, well so the doctors at the emergency room said, but the funny thing is they never did an ultrasound because my hcg level was so low. I talked to my doctor and she was quite concerned by that because of my previous history of etopic pregnancy. To the tell you the truth Im a little worried too because with my previous 2 miscarriages I bled had bad cramps, and passed a big clot, and with this one I have just bled which has slowed down now, have passed some tissue, but no big piece like before, and no pain really, kinda like the etopic. So I go into her office tomorrow for an ultrasound to see if she sees anything in the tubes. Hoping for nothing, because surgery is always scary.
Hello everyone.  I am new to this. This is my seond pregnancy and I have a 6 year old.  I am so confused about my dates.  My last cycle was July 5th, but I was on Yasmin at the time.  I had some spotting on the 16th, 17th, 18th, and 20th of July (which would have been my week of conception)so did not have sex.  My next cycle was due on Aug 2nd, but nothing came.  I thought this was because of the spotting I had (the incerpt on the pills say you may miss).  I had tried to be good taking the pills, but would forget and take 2 at once, etc.
Anyway, my god mother told me to take a test since I had no cycle in so long.  I took one on 8-18 and it said positive.  Since then, I have taken 3 more.  All said positive.  I went to the doctor on 8-23.  He did an ultra sound to make sure it wasnt tubal.  All he saw was a little black dot on the screen and said he couldnt tell how far I was but am definately pregnant.  He did a quantitive hCg test and I go back tomorrow to see if it has increased.  He said the situations are: either, this is a very early pregnancy, or I might miscarry and the body absorbs the baby.
I am praying that everything is alright.  Even though this was unplanned, I feel connected to the baby already.  I thank you all for sharing your stories because some have helped me.
Hi Everyone.

I have been reading these posts for the last week or so to see if I can get some hope from them.

I found out I was pregnant with my 5th child on 20th august. I wasn't certain of the 1st day of last period as I hadn't kept a check on it, and Drs assumed I was approx 4wks pregnant.
I had an ectopic in november 2003 and Drs removed one of my tubes, but one month later I went on to become pregnant with child number 4. I had to go for regular 2 day hcg tests with her which doubled nicely from 800-1600 indicating a viable pregnancy, a few days later I had my scan which showed a 6week fetus with heartbeat (not a yolk in sac). I went on to have a healthy pregnancy (if you can call 9 weeks premature healthy lol) and she is now a gorgeous 2 year old.
Since finding out that I am pregnant with child number 5 I have so far been for regular 2 day hcg blood tests.
I started out at hcg=250
2days later hcg=325 (not doubled and only went up 75)
2days later hcg=604 (not doubled but not far off and internal ultrasound showed nothing and what looked like free fluid !!!!
I was then told that they wanted to take me book me in the next day for a laparoscopy( and operation to see if anything could be seen in the tube) I refused the operation on the grounds that it was still too early to see a sac or yolk in the uterus. hcg levels can be anything from 1000-3000 before drs can see anything in the form of a baby.
Went today for another blood test and scan.
results today 2 days after last test....hcg=1295...more that doubled.
I had a normal scan where I was told I was miscarrying, and then an internal scan which showed that what was thought to be the miscarriage was nothing more than blood vessels.... The womb lining was thickening although I was told that this still happens with an ectopic pregnancy as the body still takes on the role of being pregnant. The bad news was that there was still no sac to be found, although I was given some reassurance and was told that as a sac is so tiny it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack and has been know to suddenly appear on a scan when all hope is near enough lost even in cases where there is free floating fluid as I have.
For this pregnancy to stand a chance my hcg level should have doubled today from 1295 to 2590. I dont get the results of todays test until tomorrow morning although regardless of the levels they still saw no sac and an ectopic pregnancy is still suspected so I am keeping my fingers crossed for some luck and  some good doubling hcg levels and a possible sac in the right place.
I just wanted to share my predicament with you and past experiences. I have found from this site that it  helps to read about others who have been given no hope and then suddenly everything comes together and that little heartbeat or yolk in sac in found. It helps me to stay positive about this little one.
Thanks for reading...sorry I write so much lol
farrah47
I wanted to answer the question from Lynne. The doctor did tell you to wait 3 months that is what i would do. The reason i say that is because if you do not wait your chances of having another miscarriage is about 75% so if i were you i would wait so that your next pregnancy will happen for you. Good Luck.
test
.
I just thought I would add a follow up note to the massive essay I wrote b4 but will try to make it shorter this time (lol).
Hcg had nearly doubled to 2350, then I had a 3d scan which showed what the nurse was certain was an ectopic, then it vanished and she couldnt find what she thought she saw, then she thought she could see a sac in the uterus about 3-4mm. I was still left wondering if I had a baby or an ectopic and was told to return in another weeks time.
I didnt make it the week though as I started to see a light pinky discharge, which later turned to spotting (blood). I went into the hospital (sick with worry by now) and a hcg test was done. The results were only 4067, they should have been around 9000 by then and a scan showed a small sac about 6mm (it had grown but was still empty). I was told it could be a struggling pregnancy or an empty sac from an ectopic....as with an ectopic sometimes a sac can be found in the uterus but it is mimicking pregnancy. I started to worry it was an ectopic but still felt so pregnant, and so couldnt understand it.
I agreed to be booked in for a laparscope operation to see if it was an ectopic as by now I was starting to bleed a lot, and should it have been an ectopic it could have ruptured at any minute like with the last ectopic I had. Before I went down to have the op the consultant who had wrote me off as having only a 20% chance of not having an ectopic and who had said she was never wrong and had told me to prove her wrong, came to tell me that she thought she was wrong and that it wasnt and ectopic (but a miscarriage) so I had proved her wrong for the first time in years so at least I knew that doctors can get it wrong, but I went for the op all the same as I just wanted to be sure it wasnt ectopic.
When I woke up from the op I was told I (didnt) have an ectopic and that my uterus was growing as with a normal pregnancy, that made me feel a little better although I still knew that my hormone levels were nowhere near what they should have been.
I went home late that night and the next morning when I went to toilet I passed a clot, which was very worrying although I knew that the clot could have been caused by blood from the op.
I saved it and took it to the hospital as I was told to return should I have any clots or anything else worrying. A doctor examined it and said he thought besides blood he could see placenta tissues as well and told me to come back the next day for the next 3d scan I had booked.
I had the scan and was told that I was no longer pregnant and that I had miscarried, that was the 7th sept.
Since then I have had to keep going back to check that my hcg levels return to (0) which now they almost have done, hcg 71 yesterday.
It is heartbreaking when you lose a child as the loss of it seems like a huge hole in your life of what could have been, but I suppose I can take comfort in the fact that I still have 4 beautiful children.
My stitches have almost healed but inside, my heart will probably take much much longer for the pain to go away and as with the last child that I lost we have always taken great comfort from naming our babies that didnt make it into the world, to help give then and identity, even though we have obviously guessed at what sex they are.
I cannot understand why, when you have had 3 normal pregnancies that suddenly an ectopic follows, then my 4th is born 9 weeks premature, and then a miscarriage follows. I suppose one day I might have to accept that at 5ft tall and under 7 stone it is probably my body's way of telling me that enough is enough and that my body isn't strong enough anymore to go through 9 months of pregnancy, but my mind isnt as small and weak as my figure and I'm not ready to give up yet.
As soon as I feel right we shall start trying again for that little bundle of joy that we have fought so hard for these last few weeks where I feel priveleged to have had our baby that short time, but sad at it being taken away so quickly.
I wish every one of you on here the best of luck and hope that all of you have your wishes or prayers answered.
Take care everyone xxxx
Hi everyone!  I found out I was pregnant last monday (1st day of missed AF).  Last Monday-Thursday, I had all the typical symptoms, tired, headache, upset stomach, sore breasts, etc.  On Friday, they started to decline.  I didn't think much of it, but it continued through the weekend, and on Monday (yesterday) I was in panic.  I called my OB, she scheduled an u/s.  They found nothing.  I went in to get the Quant blood test and Progesterone.  Waiting today for those results.  

My question is, if symptoms are decreasing and nothing is found at 5 weeks 3 days, is the pregnancy doomed?  I just hate this, it's my first pregnancy and I thought it would be soooo different.  So much worry!  Anyway, I would love some advice.  

Thanks!
Just an comment on my earlier post:

My results came back today, hcg 369, progesterone 22.7.  Doc says this is good, but they wanted me to come in for an exam anyway to see if I'm "tender" anywhere.  I'm getting blood levels done again tomorrow afternoon.
I really dont want to discourage you but I had a m/c on March 06 and I was 3 months and I had a sac but no fetal pole.  I ended up having a blighted ovum again and m/c.  Please dont get discourage.  You are real early into your preg and you just have to give it time and relax!!! It is not good for the baby if you have to worry.  I send you my blessing for you and your baby.
I found out I am pregnate on Monday Aug 13th (2-home prego tests). I went to the doctor on the following Thursday. They drew blood but did not test me for pregnancy. I thought that was kinda weird considering my simptoms were few and far between. They said I was 6 weeks along? I think maybe like 4 or no more than 5? Considering not everyones ovulation date is the same.  Anyways, I had gotten an ultrasound on Friday of the same week. Just as I ssupected, they couldn't see anything besides a thickening uterus. I got a call from my doctor today. She said either I am miscarrying or I am too early to see. What the heck? Isn't 6 weeks a little early for an ultrasound? I am kinda confused and a little angry. I really hope everything is fine. Anyways, I just got my 1st hcg test today and I go back on wed. I hope everything is peachy. I am soooooooooooo nervous now though. Next prganancy I have, I am having them take a blood prego test and I am not having an ultra sound till I am further along (that is if everything works out on this one). Talk about a heart attach!!!!

Jess
Hello,  I'm worried because I haad a tubal(tubes tyed) and now I'm preganant! And I knew I was beacause I'm always on time. I took a p/t and it came back + and  the first daymy last period was on 8/15/2007 and I called my doctor and he check  my hgc level and said that I was preg but they wanted to see if it was in my tubes which it was'nt so he sent me for u/s and they found a sac no yolk! then next day found hcg level went from 5853 to 7880 and told me to go back next day for u/s  and found a yolk but no fetus!!  told me to expect to miscarry because the sac was abnormal! and went to the emegency thinking I was! It was gas!  hgc levels went up 1000 more from one day so! the emergency doctor told me that its still to early to tell what was going on but I am preganant in the uterus and have a sac and a yolk lets way for a fetus!! I'm so scared because I would love to have this baby!  I know it's GOD work because my tubes where tyed! ANd I was getting a tubal reversal this year for my new husband to be!  I need every to keep me in your prayers and a response from someone to let me know if this has happned to you?

Doc confirmed i am approx 9 weeks preg, a week ago- i started having cramps and some brown spotting so i went to a&e they scanned and reckoned i was only 5 weeks and the sac was visible but nothing in it yet- so they have asked i come back next week to check - but told me not to be too concerned with spotting only if it becomes dark red etc..

I am worried tho as the cramping still continues 3 days on and still some light spotting too, the pains are very constant only go away when i lie down.
Has any one experienced this also??

Any comments appreciated
Chicky
Hey!
Thank you all for your comments...It has made my process alot more easier. Honestly. I too found out I was pregnant. I went to the hospital because I had light spotting. The doctors did an ultrasound and did find a sac but no baby:( I get my hcg retested in 3 days. Pray for me someone this is my first and I am so scared.
hi all - I am new too -- was wondering if anyone can shead insight into my situation:
I got preggers right off being on birth control for years. Missed my period, took some home tests - about half were poisitive, half negative. I went to my doctor - urine test was negative, blood was positive. this was one monday. on sunday i had a bit of cramping and freaked, went to er. the doctor said my pain was too high up to be ectoptic and said my hgc levels were low -- only 65 and i would be 5 weeks. i had an ultra sound the next day, nothing to be seen, anywere. so there are concerened it is either an ectoptic, i have miscarried - even tho i have no more cramping and no bleeding, or it is all just to early. i have an appointment with my dr. in 2 days to see if my levels go up. does anyone know what is going on in my body? this is my first and i am freaked out.
thanks
hi my name is mechelle im 24 years old and just so freakin scared. i had 3 pregnancy test takin already and all are positive. i woke up today and used the rest room and there was a little blood then my lower back start hurting i called my doctor and she told me to go to the er. i went they did the vaginal ultra sound and didnt see anything. my hcg level is low. i go see my doctor 2morrow to take more blood test. im praying everything is okay. i have one daughter already shes 5 and that pregnancy went normal. omg i can just hope for the best.
i started bleeding like clots yesterday I'm 5wks 6dys pregnant went to my gye yesterday had an ultrasound me found nothing. i did an ultrasound three weeks ago and they saw nothing and though then it was to early,anyway my gye told me do a test in one week and i its positive then come to see him it may be a tubal pregnancy.

i don't know how to feel at this point.

suzie
hi i just came back from the dr today, i had u/s done vag n tummy they couldnt see a sac besides a uterus lining at 7 weeks and 4 days, sadly my hcg levels were 54 than doubled to 120 than 164 i am very sad today! the dr scheduled me for another hgc blood work tomarrow but what is nthe point i was told i can m/c anytime but i have had no pain and no bleeding. i  guess im just waiting for a miracle! was there anyone in my situation?
Unfortuneately I can relate, and I did miscarry eventually after 3trips to the ER. Your levels should be much higher, I pray things will work out for you but wanted to let you know what happened to me. I had miscarried at 5 weeks (they say) but my levels had risen for a week after but eventually stopped and I had to take medication to progress it along. I have been through 7 miscarriages now so I find it hard to be positive when the test shows positive. Maybe if I ever hold my baby in my arms I will final relax. i wish you luck and pray for the best in your situation. Take care, dnaye44
So here's my ridiclous story. I am in the same boat as it seems alot of you are. I found out i was preg with a hpt on Aug 31st, i was spotting alittle (as i normally do before my period normally starts). I went to family dr to confirm pregnancy (it was positive). They refered me to an obgyn. When i called them to see if it was okay for the hubby and i to have sex, since I was spotting, they told me to go to the er for evaluation. So i've had my numbers done twice, wed: hcg 274, and then fri: hcg 581.8 (end of 4th week). I also had a pelvic and tranvag us done in middle of week 4 at the er. It showed my body was ready for a pregnancy (thickened endo stripe etc) but no sac was seen. Yesterday i had another us done (both pelvic and transvag again), and i should be 5 weeks 1 day, and they saw a gest sac this time. But on the paperwork it said "no evidence of live intrauterine or ectopic preg. This could be an early IUP or even early ectopic and followup is needed". So is it normal to not see evidence of a live intrauterine preg yet? and what does that mean? I have been spotting since the day i found out i was pregnant. It was never really true blood, and its gotten so it almost gone now, really barely showing up on toilet paper. My boobs continue to be achy and sore on and off, and i have been tired on and off since like a day or two after i found out i was preggers. I have had a few queasy moments, no puking (my first pregnancy i puked for like 3 or 4 months straight, kept nothing down and ended up with iv's hooked up to me in the er to rehyrdate me). Oh and i havent had any cramping- i get some "twinges" but nothing cramp like. Also as was with my first pregnancy- they found my uterus is tipped towards my back again (retroverted) with this pregnancy. So, i come to y'all with hopes that someone can shed some light on my frusterating situation... My first preg was no complications but severe morning sickness-my son is 6 now and desperately wants a bro or sister... i feel bad i am having a hard time giving that to him. He prays every night that mommys tummy gets better. (he thinks i am having tummy aches, lol doesnt quite understand whats going on)
Im sarah found out i was pregnant last sat by hospital tests i took i test on sun to see it for myself and it was pos. Went for a scan today and there was nothing there. i finishd my periods 2 week's ago but im the docters thought i was further on as i got a pos home pregnancy test. I dont know what to think the midwife refused to do an internal as she couldnt see anything and presumed im haing a etopic or phantom pregnany! I dont get another scan for 17 days!
I was at the ER last night. They did both types of ultrasounds and seen nothing. They said I was inbetween 5-6 weeks pregnant. Is this normal? They satrted talking about a possible etopic...I had one of those already. They said by 5 weeks you should always see something and your uterus should be double the size?? Im scared to death!
I have most of the symptons of being pregnant,had my last periods 2 weeks ago.My tummy is taking a shape,looks rounding.went for an ultrasound yesterday,found nothing. did a home preg test, but it was negative.I feel I'm pregnant.and also the dr did say I'm ovulating (could that be the sign that I'm not pregnant??can a woman ovulate while pregnant
I am 5 weeks 2 days and had my first ultrasound. I was planning on getting n abortion because I have no healthcare and am in school and am not married. The ultrasound revealed nothing in the uterus so they hope it is just too early to see.
hi
i am 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant. THey did an ultrasound scan on me yesterday & found NOTHING, not even a gest. sac! My first blood hcg was 400 and am waiting for the 40 hour post blood test now...does any of you have a similar situation? Is there a HOPE at all at this point?
Hey MD2010
Im having the same problem.. but i had no result yet for my HCG levels. Not until this Thursday which would make it the 14th.

I did 2 home pregnancy tests and both came back positive.  Went to the doctors and she did the normal check up.. Pap test and such. She said it looks good.. my Cervix was closed and she feels a bump coming on.

But the thing about it is. i started spotting.. and its been about 3 days now.  its acting like a normal period but not as heavy. It was brown at first and it got me scared. So i went to the ER and it said it was Implantation bleeding. i should be fine, but if it gets worse then come see them again. Im still bleeding today. and im stiff confused about being pregnant.
I've also had a Ultrasound today, which the doctor was kinda weirded out that i was still bleeding,  but still went along with the scans, found no sac of any sort , nothing. he said it might be to early.. then did a ultrasound where they inserted a camera into my vag. [lol, not to sure what it was called ] and he said he still didnt see anything .
So im kinda skeptical of what to believe, It may still be to early to detect anything, my doctor said i'm around 6-7 weeks, thinking they should beable to detect some sort of sac.

I go for another blood test tomorrow for my HCG levels, praying and hoping that i am pregnant :) and that its not a ectopic pregnancy.

And yes there is hope!
So wish me luck!
Hi, every one help me, I had my last period on 5/12/09, i took home pregnancy test twice which came positive but on 14/1/10 it started to bleed which is not continues. on 20/1/10 i had an ultrasound but they didn't see anything on the ultrasound, not even a sac.
well did they test ur HCG lvls ?
because they wont beable to see anything until the lvls have passed 1000
hello everyone

My husband and I’ve been ttc for 3 years now. my LMP was the 16th of December 2009. I got a BFP on the 16th of Jan. Needless to say I was ecstatic but anxious as hell that something would go wrong because we’d been waiting so long for this. I started bleeding (not spotting) slightly on the 20th (5 wks). Saw the doctor on the 21st  evening and had the first blood test done to check HCG levels. It was 962 and the doctor called it a very positive result. The next test was only due on the morning of the 25th evening because 48 hours after the 21st was a weekend and pathologies were closed. the next reading after almost 87 hours was only 1926 – so while the levels had doubled it wasn’t the expected increase in level after 87 hours.

Bleeding stopped throughout the day of the 25th but returned during the evening and continued on on the 26th, heavier. I had a v/usg this morning and the doctor couldn’t see anything! He said he should at least be able to see a sac. I’m 6 wks pg today (approx - 4 wks since conception) He checked the tubes to rule out ectopic pg. nothing in the tubes as well. so he said that it was very likely that i had miscarried and that I’d passed the embryo out. I haven’t had any cramping or heavy bleeding like a period and not noticed any clots or tissue in the bleeding. I asked him how come my bleeding wasn’t heavier if I had miscarried. He said that the presence of the HCG hormones in the body delays the onset of menstruation. To confirm he has ordered another HCG test to check the level. He’s going to call me with the result. I have given up hope as I had more bleeding today although nothing like a period – just enough to soak up a panty liner since the morning. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and miraculously found a sac at a later USG.
please sum advice any 1??
I was sent for an early u/s due 2 past 2 pregnancys ending in m/mc. I thought i was 6w 3d yesterday when i went for my u/s. I was given both tummy and vaginal u/s and was told there was a sac with a yolk but no fetal pole or h/b?? my u/s is showing a 4 to 5 week pregnancy. I have been asked to go back in 9 days to repeat my u/s they have not taken my hcg so i dont know if my levels are good or not. I so want a baby :( im so scared b/c thats what they told me with my 1st i was 13weeks and they said the baby had died at 6w6d i had to have a d&c i dont think i could go thro losing another please help me sum 1 x
I'm about 5 and  weeks pregnant and had my first pelvic exam today.  The Dr. said that my uterus is not enlarged at all. Is this normal?  I'm scared as my first pregnancy tuned out to be ectopic.
My last period was early January, i have done 2 home tests, both coming up positive, i went to the Early pregnancy unit today to see if all is ok and no sac can be seen, does this ALWAYS mean ectopic, i have had a blood test today and got to go back tommorow for results, i also had a m/c 3months ago, i am so scared, can anyone help. And good luck to all who is gong through any difficult times with their pregnancies, i sympathise dearly.xx
Hi, well my bloods came back at 311, what does it mean, is there hope?  I am back for bloods and vag scan Monday, im scared and  i fear the worst.. will keep you posted.xxx

I went through the same thing. I went to doc at 5 weeks to learn that there is no sac. I was asked to come after 2 weeks and they found a sac and yolk sac, still no fetal pole or heart beat. So again I had to go back after 2 weeks. When i went today, I saw the embryo also the heart beat. My advice is that please avoid early scan unless you have bad cramps or bleeding.
Hi. I am 6 weeks 1 day. Have had some brown spotting off & on. I also lost some pregnancy syptoms (symptoms). I had tranvaginal ultra sound and they couldn't find a sac or baby. NOTHING!! And nothing in my tubes either.
My HCG level ws at 2145 on Monday & by Wednesday they where only 2824. Waiting to hear what happens next. Very scared I just miscarried twins 2 1/2 months ago. :(
lil95
hi,  sowantababy...
i was wondering what wound up happening?
i hope for the best for you...
i am 6 weeks from LMP w/ an HCG level of  2900 (48 hours ago) and progesterone of 6.6  and have had bleeding off and for a couple weeks now.
today my OB did a TV ultrasound and could not find a sac or anything, very similar to your story.. i got blood drawn today to see if my levels are still rising.
should find out tomorrow..
my OB seems most certain that it is an ectopic because my hcg is high w/ no sign of a sac on the US and the bleeding iv'e been having.
she is saying that i will need to get an injection of methotrexate to stop the growth of an embryo.
i feel in my heart of hearts that this is not an ectopic so i really do not want to get this injection, although i am aware of the danger of putting off dealing with a true ectopic.. what i feel i need to know is if there is any way i could still have a viable pregnancy even though the sac is not showing up. (ob says a resounding NO) :(
thanks for any info you can give me... again, i so hope all turned out well for you!
thanks,,
hi all, just got my levels back and they have dropped to 1796 (from 2800 48 hours ago) my OB says that since this is dropping more than %15 that hopefully the "ectopic" is just resolving itself naturally. hoping they continue to drop so i dont have to go in for surgery to remove the embryo or get a shot of methotrexate...
I had my tubes tied 11 years ago...I recently had a missed period and I have all the signs of pregnancy.I am now 13 days late.I took 3 home pregnancy tests,2 were faint positives and the 3rd was definately positive.I have now had 2 blood tests done both negative and a transvaginal ultrasound done which shows nothing in the uterus or in my tubes.I look pregnant,feel pregnant and I am having what I would call morning sickness daily now for at least 3 weeks.The doctor said there is a lot of tissue in the uterus...so I am either getting ready to be pregnant or I am gonna have a really bad period.And I am confused as to what he meant by that...he also said it was too early.So I guess my question is does anyone have any guess as to what is wrong with me? Am I pregnant...or am I not my period is way late!!!
i had 2 preg test it says im positive.went to the u/s after the spotting and probably to early they found nothing in the u/s. now i took some blood tests & progesterone. My hcg says ihave 1570 but based on my u/s they could not find a gest. sac..so worried already. i have to take my 2nd hcg this saturday. my dr says i should be 6 wks preg now.
i just dont know what to think.i need this baby,been waiting for this for quite some time & our first baby.hope somebody shed some light to this.
I conceived after sex on 23rd August (call it a bad year, but this is the only time this year I have slept with anyone so I know for definite!)...  We used no protection, and it was bang on the right date for conceiving (as I realised later).  Anyway, I had negative tests right up to my 'period'.  My period was late (never happens), I had no pre menstrual cramping (usually have a band of ache around my back the day before), it was lighter than normal, lasted 2-3 days instead of the normal 4-5 and was varying colours.  I basically, with the negative tests, assumed I hadn't conceived.

However, since then I have been sleeping a lot, talking 8-12 hours a night plus naps mid afternoon where possible.  I had tender breasts over this weekend.  And I am freezing cold (I've read some women get very cold, others very hot).  And Thursday of last week I almost passed out on my way home from work so I decided to do a test Friday morning, and it was positive, did a second and that was positive so went straight to the doctors.  She told me that I must have miscarried on the 12th and my hormones weren't back to normal.  She booked me in for a scan this morning.

Over the weekend I took two Clear Blue Digital tests that said I was 2-3 weeks (which when looking at sex, ovulation, time it takes to implant it is right)...

However, when I got the scan this morning, they couldn't find anything.  But I have since read that 2-3 weeks is too early???  Is that right?

Anyway, they took some blood and rushed the results and they called me earlier to say I have high HCG levels and to come back Wednesday morning.  BUT they are treating it as a failed or failing pregnancy because I bled and they can't see anything.

Is there any hope at all or should I start dealing with the fact that I have lost a baby?
I.m in the same situation i went to the er for pain after a positive test and my blood showed 1000 and that i was about 5 weeks the dr said i should be at 2000 they did an ultrasound(nvr said if they could see a sac) so now my dr is worried about eptopic prgnancy i have 2 healthy boys with no complications with them so this would be my first i'm scared please tell me you results
Hi Ladies,

I am going through this at the moment. Four months ago I had an ectopic and was given the ok from the doc to start trying again so we started and succeeded the first month. I got two + HPT but because of the ectopic I was advised to have an early u/s. I went for a vag u/s on 18/01/2011 and they saw no sac but my uterus looked ready for a baby. My doctor doesn't seem too worried about any of these things and isn't sending me for another u/s for another two weeks. This is such a long wait!!! Although, I am lucky enough to already to have a 13 month old daughter.
I just fund this post today ,looking for someone to anwser some of my problems.I am just like you 5W4d pregnant .First time i went to a doctor was  week ego for ultrasound ,this is my 4 pregnancy,but i only have a 1 baby,thats why i did not like to wait till 6 weeks (recomended for first ultrasound),but my doctor did not see anything,he ask me to wait a week more ,i did have some symptoms like tender breast,feeling tired,but no bleading.I just came back from that visit and guess what Nothing still not even a sac,my doctor send me for a blood work i guess to see my hcg levels,and he ask me do do it second one in 3  days.My lost my last pregnancy 4 month ego in the last  day of the first trymester.So reading all this post giving me more hope than my doctor saying that could be something wrong ,the fetus is not developing correctly,I will live it in god hands now and i wish all of you the best ,i lost 2 preg.but i do have a healty baby boy,its not easy but there is nothink we can do i guess.Jagoda
hi..just wanna share my story..
counting on my last period, now i'm 9w pregnant. first time i went to usg when i was 7w but the usg show nothing but only an empty sac, the doctor seems to very worry that it was not normal pregnancy because its should show a heartbeat but it was not and looked like i'm only 5w pregnant according to the usg. she told me that my chance 50% i have to had an abortion and the other 50% miracle the baby is there n i just got late ovulation. i have to check next 5 days to another usg. then i went to 2nd usg when i was 7w5d n usg show a sac n tiny yolk sac n she doesn't sure she had heart heartbeat on it.
then she asked me to come to my 3rd usg week later 8w4d, finally the usg show my sac with yolksac n heartbeat inside..and that the miracle i had..the usg only show that i'm just 5w5d, so it means i have a late ovulation. and to make it sure, i have to do an usg 6days again.
so, in here i just wanna say, yeah i know how is feel when we have to wait for another usg to check our baby, believe me, i've felt it and i really2 scared, but when we believe in God and pray for miracle, believe it..it happen..well, for everyone who haven see anything but only a sac, just wait and see it for another 1 or 2 week again. maybe u have a late ovulation or maybe your baby ist only shy to show n wanna suprised his/her mommy n daddy :) good luck to u all ^^
I am 6 weeks 6 days now fiund pregnant after IVF Cycle 1. However at today's the ultrasound, a gestational sac could be found but there was no foetus inside and was empty. Doc suggested it could still be early and could hopefully see the foetus next week. Keeping fingers crossed, by next week( wednesday) we could see the foetus .....Please pray for me as I am very nervous and anxious. I had 3 unsuccessful pregnancies ( with 1 extopic pregnancy). Has anyone had a simliar exerpience?
My name is Jessica and I'm new to this... but am going through the same thing. My LMC was 4/6/11 and got a negative HPT on 5/9 and got a positive HPT on 5/14/11. Had my first US on 5/17 but saw nothing but thickening and a spot where my doc said "something could be growing there". The US measured I was 5w3d . Also I had my HCG levels taken and I go back on 5/19 for a repeat. I'm thinking (hoping, praying) that its just to early. I had a miscarriage 1/7/11 and was diagnosed with PCOS.
Hi, I'm supposed to be five weeks pregnant on Friday. Ma doctor has been doing ultrasounds and tests because they thought it was an ectopic but the tests showed no ectopic. . They only see a sac but no embryo. I'm worried and sad, They scheduled me a last ultrasound for this Friday. Hope everything turns out ok and my baby starts to grow. .
I'll be hoping everything turns out good for u and will be keeping u in my prayers.

My HCG levels doubled like they should have and I had another ultrasound on 5/25/11 and they saw the sack and yoke but no fetal pole... the doctors says thats ok and everything looks normal and its good news cause that means it wasn't a blighted ovum. I have another ultrasound on 6/3/11. They also took more blood to check my HCG levels again and I should get the results tomorrow. I'm so nervous and scared but I'm hoping and praying for the best.
5 weeks and no sac on u/s...went to the doctor on Monday (5weeks) could not see anything on the u/s, not even the sac. Did hcg test, came back at 7.200 (the highest number in the "normal" range, doc says its ectopic pregnancy and wants me to take pills to terminate pregnancy without another u/s, I have scheduled for a second opinion with another doctor.
Has this happened to anyone else? If so what was your outcome?

I would def. get a second opinion. I went in at 5w and all they saw was thickening of my uterus. Went back for another U/S a week later and they saw the sac and yolk but still no fetal pole. I had another appointment for a little over a week after that but started spotting so my doctor told me to go in that day... they did an U/S and they saw the fetal pole and I got to hear the heartbeat, it was 128 bpm. The doctor told me I am actually a week behind what the date the U/S is telling me. I went back 3 days later (the spotting had stopped by then) for another U/S and the development of the baby in just 3 days was amazing! Also the heartbeat went up to 138bpm. I am currently 8w and my due date is Jan 24th 2011. It's still early for me but I am extremely positive about this pregnancy. Every woman/pregnancy is different and it wouldn't hurt anything to get a second opinion and could possible save ur baby. Good luck and I'll be sending prayers and thoughts ur way!
Im 7weeks pregnant my first ultrasound was at 5weeks and everythng was perfect but went today and they dont see anythng. Can any1 help me pls im going out my mind?
I am 5 week pregnant and went in with cramping no bleeding! They said that they seen nothing! I am scared 2 yrs ago I found out on July 12 that I was pregnant and lost it on July 29. I just found out on the 12th that I was pregnant with hcg level at 89! Should I worry?
hi ya i done 3 differnt pregnancy test they were all positive by my dates i shud now be in wk 10. i do have pcos too so somtymes my periods r really irreguler but lately its been same tyme every month. last wkend i had spotting on both friday and sataday mornin it was soo tiny it was soo pink it wernt red at all so midwife sent me for an early scan which i had 2day. dr saw nothing exsept thick wall lineing he took my blood and now im just waiting on the call to tell me my hormone levels im so sceard cos i wanted another baby so much im sceard its eitha ectopic or it jst isnt there. i no it could be early to tell i just really worried at the min please let it jst be too early
Lmp 6/22/11 I should be 5 wks 5 days. Having spotting for last 5 days. Went to er no visable sac present hcg was 1415 on saturday. Today I returned for a repeat sono still nothing detected and hcg dropped to 1140. They say its not etopic and not to worry as long as the spottinh is brown bcuz it means its old blood.  Feeling ready confused we dont know whats going on preparing for m/c  but hoping theres still a chance :'(

Bb
hi i did 3 test the clear blue ones and all 3 come bk saying i was pregnant im about 4-5 weeks i started bleeding really havey and i went for a scan and they could not see anything so the midwife did a test with me n it still come bk saying im pregnant do u think its too early to show or do u think ive miscarrieged
i went and had first ultra sound and there was a sac but nothing else the sac was very hard to see too...  then i had my blood hormone leel taken and called them about it today and it was 5936 and dr said it measured at 5 weeks well i havent had my period in over 2 months so i am so confused go back thursday for another hcg and i am praying that it has gotten higher...  i am not stressing it yet but i cant believe that nothing was there but a sac??? has anyone had that high of hormone and seen nothing but a little sac??
hi everyone .. Mitch here .. i am 5w4d preggy according to my ob .. Went for transV ultrasound today but they found nothing .. I started bLeeding today too .. i was scheduLed for hcg tomorrow .. Doctor said it was either ectopic, miscarriage or earLy preg .. ive been so down for the Last few days .. But noe, im just resting and praying for the best but prepared for the worst .. God has his pLans and i know, He'LL give us what He thinks is best for us .. Just hoLd on to your faith girL ..
Wow...im rachel n I found out at the er that I'm preg but the u/sound spore no bby...they said I'm to early...i already 4m/c n I'm scared that this might b another one..i ask for blood testbut they won't give me one...y...
I am having the same experience as you. Nothing seen in my ultrsound My HCG levels show that I am 4-5 weeks. But I started bleeding the day before my blood was drawn. My question to you is, at any point during the time that you were bleeding and unsure of your pregnancy did you stop feeling pregnant? I don't even feel pregnant any more. My breasts are not as sore and no more lower back pain. Which have been the only two preganancy symptoms I have had. Oh and sleeplessness.

Jxoxo
Am 4 weeks and am bleeding with clot I have HCG blood test it was 1888 on 31/10/11 and on 2/11/11, I have another HCG test it was high, I have a scan no SAC, Fetus but my breast is still sore and I feel pregnant. I have preganancy symptoms and I have a pregnancy test yesterday it was positive. Midwife ask me to come back next week for another pregnancy test. Am scared help me. Thanks.
Enny

I recenly had an ectopic and I'm 5 weeks and they don't see nothing in my uterus I have no symptoms of pregnacy my HCG number went from 56 to 180 now to 982 is this normall Help pleases I'm so scared  
I went to the er last nite n they gave me a visual ultra sound n a vaginal one and have not seen anything but said that they did see small structure which could be early fetuses..what do you guys think I think I'm about 4 weeks do you think that's to early to see the sac or anything??
Hey I'm 5 weeks and have constant pain/pressure on my right side. I went to the emergency and they did a vaginal u/s and saw a mass but they said I'm not far along enough yet to know if its ectopic or in my uterus but they also said my uterus is kinda shaped like a heart and the mass they saw was on my right side to hopefully indicating that's the cause of my pain and everything will come out normal I dunno its my first pregnancy and I also have pcos and comments please help
Not a mass I ment to say that the doctor saw thickening what does that mean
my last period was 11/20/11, i did a pregnancy test right before christmas and it came out negative. After new year, i realized that i did not get my period in december so i took another pregnancy test and it came out postive, i actually repeated the test several times and same result. i went to an OB GYN and she did a sonogram and did not see anything, she mentioned that the she did not see anything abnormal with the uterus so she doesnt think that it's eptopic pregnancy. i am to come back tomorrow to test for the increase in HCG level but i will not know the result until tuesday.  the wait is killing me and the OB has not been too supportive in providing any explanation other than she could not confirm that i am pregnant, did not say that it may be too early or whatever.  this is so upsetting and i have all these negative thoughts in my head just thinking about the worst possible scenarios.  my husband and i have been trying to conceive for a year now and this is the first time that we got some kind of result.  please advise.
I have almost the exact sked - nov 30 LMP, negative HPT before new year's, faint positive on Jan 3. I had my first U/S on Jan 12 and the sac was 3 wks - too small for my supposed ''6 weeks'' old baby. But I was SURE I conceived only on dec 20th. Nonetheless the doc wrote me a ''threatened miscarriage'' note without explaining or asking about my cycle. I moved to a diff OB 2 days after and my sac measured 5 weeks. BUT no fetal pole or yolk sac. So im on bedrest now, will check again in 2 weeks :( I hope little one is just late.

But really OBs should be more sensitive!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have recently fallen pregnant, I have had minor cramping in the abdomen (similar to a period pain), but I've had no bleeding or signs of miscarriage. Due to having PCOS and being unsure of when I may have ovulated I was referred for an early ultrasound (external and internal) this showed no sign of a baby but only a small fluid sack in my uterus, I was then referred for blood tests which revealed 2400hcg. I have had no further pain whatsoever my breasts remain tender and I am hungrier than usual! My Dr is concerned I am having an ectopic pregnancy but he internally examined me and there was no tenderness present. Could anyone advise me if they have gone on to have a healthy pregnancy, and the reason for not seeing much in the uterus is because it's too early in the pregnancy?

Thank you N
hi ladies i just found out i am pregnant by my last period im 5 weeks 4 days i have 4 other children and have had 2 misscarriages one at 16 weeks and one at 21 weeks both were boys.well i did a home test and it was positive went to the doc he did blood my hcg level was 12.2 well 2 days later i started to bleed like a period not heavy no cramps doc sent me for another blood it was then 107 then 2 days later it was 148 that day he did ultrasound and couldnt see anything he said may be still to early he then said come come in 2 days to check the levels it was then 600 and did another ultrasound still nothing he checked for ectipoic he said no,i now still have spotting and back pain and have to go for another ultrasound next week to see if they can see the baby the doc said my levels are riseing and normal.im just abit concered this pregrancy isnt going to well.anyone had the same?
Can anyone help please I think I am either just under 5 weeks or 5 weeks pregnant I just had an ultrasound and they measured something in my uterus but didn't say if I was pregnant or not help could I be pregnant or not??
I will pray for you as i pray for myself. I am having somewhat of the same problem. I will be six weeks tomorrow and there was no sac in my uterus and I did 2 HCg tests which showed my levels rising. So be encouraged because you are encouraging many.
I will pray for you as i pray for myself. I am having somewhat of the same problem. I will be six weeks tomorrow and there was no sac in my uterus and I did 2 HCg tests which showed my levels rising. So be encouraged because you are encouraging many. I'll share my story with you. I just found out that I am pregnant on 17-02-12. I went to the gp on the following day. He calculated that I was 5 weeks pregnant according to my LMP. I had light bleeding which he said can be normal but i also had a yeast infection of which he also said is normal for pregnant women. I saw my ObGYN on the 20-02-12. He did a urine test, vaginal ultrasound and ordered a HCG. The ultrasound showed no signs of a sac. However the urine tests showed positive with a HCG level of 2914.3. Although in the lower range for 5 wks and 2days my OBGyn ensured me that I am very much pregnant. I wanted a second opinion so I referred to another OBGYN and he informed me that because the levels were low it raises concerns. Yesterday I took another HCG test and the level increased to 8236.9 however then was still no visual sign of a sac. The obgyn strongly believes that the pregnancy is tubal and suggests my doing an macroscopic surgery on my tubes to see if there is a possibility of a pregnancy there. I did a surgery somewhat like that on my knee and it really pained so I dont want to go through that pain again for experimental purposes. Should I waitor go through the surgery?
i went to see my baby n they didnt fine anything i prayin they r wrong r my bby hiding
Been soo worried and having sleepless nite since i saw my last period on 1/2/2012 but it didnt last up to three days but i ws hav all pregnancy systoms b4 then.  i tested weak pregnancy on 21/2/2012 and the scan showed no g/sac and on 29/2/2012 as still got the same result so i decided to give it some time ,on 21/3/2012 , i had a bleeding which lasted for a day but for four days anytime i wipe i will see little blood so i went for another blood test which came out positive but the scan still find no sac but the doctor said i have pelvic infection becos he saw some fluid in my uterus. At the moment am having pain in the middle of my back and little at the left side of my stomach#crying........ Pls i really need help ,my heart now beats so fast and i cant just sleep no matter how i try. Dovej
i also did an u/s at 5 weeks and 3 days, nothing was found, the dr saw some liquid on the right tube near the ovary. he said it might be too early for a diagnose or to see the baby. Asked me to start getting the blod tests for the BhCG. This was a thursday, i became totaly frightened, specialy because i also decided to do another Clearblue pregnancy test, in hopes of getting a result that would relief me a bit. But it said pregnant 2-3 weeks and this wasnt good, it should say 3 plus. So I was even more worried. On monday i started to get brown bits of blood, and decided to go to a hospital to get things clear. Again, they found nothing in the womb, nor anywhere, but they saw a strange mass near the right ovary. They were really suspicous of an ectopic pregnancy, but without blood tests couldnt confirm it. The blod tests began. On tuesday i started to have red blood period like. On monday my BhCG was 500 and on wednesday was 100, so whatever kind of pregnancy i had a miscarriage was happening. On friday they checked me again and the mass on the right was also getting smaller. I had no pain and they could not confirm if it had been an ectopic pregnancy, but whatever it was, resolved itself naturaly. I am of course very sad that the pregnancy didnt result normal and in a healthy baby, but on the other hand, something must have been wrong and the body took care of it on its own, thankfully.
What i would like to share with you, is that i was all these days in terrible  anguish, anxiety and stress, i did many pregnancy tests to try to reach a conlusion for myself, but it only stressed me more. In the end, when it happened then i realized, that when it happens you have to deal with it, and there is really no need to be suffereing in vain for somehting that hasnt happened yet. It is hard to not be worried, but it pays off, specially if everything is well and stressing only worsens things. We should pay attention to signs and if something is wrong we should not ignore it, take it seriously and check it out, but if you can, avoid all the fear, cause what will be will be and there isnt much we can do about it. I wish the best of luck to all of you.
I am experiencing the same thing jhoelyn. 5/23/12 was suppose to be my 1st day of menstruation but it  didn't come so on 5/24/12, I took a home pregnancy test and to my surprise, it came out positive. I went to the doctor right away to check if I am really pregnant, and the doctor said we should still wait for a  few days just to make sure the result will be accurate. 5/26/12 I got another positive result. I went back to the hospital  today 5/28/12 to ask why I feel pain in left pelvis. My OB told me to have TVS and they didn't see any signs of me having a baby.. I feel so sad :( my doctor said maybe it is just too early to detect. She also told me that I have a cyst in my left ovary. I am really confused and scared. The doctor said we should repeat the TVS next week 6/4/12. I do hope that I'll be able to have good news next week. keep me posted
Have you had any answers yet?  I am in a similar situation.  I took a pregnancy test on 6/21 and it was positive, the first day of my last period was 5/13 so right now I should be 8 weeks, however I have irregular periods so I could much less.  On 6/24 I started bleeding so I called the nurse at my OB.  She made me feel stupid, she told me it was normal but if I REALLY wanted to come in she would schedule me.  I decided to wait and see what happened.  The next day the bleeding was much heavier and I started cramping and passed some clots include one mass about the size of a large grape.  I called to sched appointment and was told I couldn't with out talking to the nurse.  Left a message on the nurses voicemail, that was on 6/25 and I STILL Have not heard back that was 2 weeks ago.  Needless to say I have switched ob's.  Anyway the bleeding continued and on 6/27 I had a blood draw and a TVS nothing was seen in the scan which did not scare me because the same thing happened with my daughter.  I just figured due to my irregular cycle I was not as far along as I thought.  HCG was low at 325.  Bleeding continued and cramping got worse.  Second blood draw on 7/3 HCG up a bit to 427, third blood draw on 7/6 dropped to 390.  At this point I had only seen a PA and she determined that I had or was in the midst of a miscarriage.  I was devestated, and still cramping.  The PA was very nice and understanding she told me to take it super easy over the weekend and scheduled me for a D&C .  I spent the next two days in bed crying and devistated.  I did a lot of research and talked to my family and from what I read and what my family said, we deicided to do an ultrasound before the D&C in the hopes that I was just not very far along or the chance that it could be a vanishing twin.  Before my appointment on Monday I started to feel like I was having contractions so I headed to the ER becuase dr office wasn't open yet.  My HCG went up to 679.  Due to my pain and emotional state I was admitted to the women's center.  An ultrasound was done and still nothing was seen.  So at this point I have concluded that I misacarried and that there was not a tubal.  My doctor, best doctor in the world, came in and sat me down and told me that due to the fact nothing was seen in the ultrasound she did not want to do the D&C because it just wasn't needed.  She sat with me for an hour and let me cry and ask her questions and made me feel the best that I could.  She sent me home with some pain meds and ambien and requested that I come back in today.  I came back in today did another draw and low and behold they have gone up AGIAN to 729.  My doctor flat out told me that she did not want to give me false hope but that she is one to lean on the positive side.  She is hoping that the reason my levels went down for that one moment was due to a vanishing twin.  It is still weird to have such slow rising levels though.  So now I get to spend the weekend waiting.  Of course I have let myself get a little excited again and I am afraid I am setting myself up for disapointment.  But the bleeding stopped today and I suddenly have morning sicknes and tiredness.   Please help.  If you have been through this expereince please let me know your outcome....good or bad.  

BTW sorry this is so long I really have not had anybody to talk to this about.
Iam 4 weeks breast are saw a Lil cramping went to the ER HAd a sono and blood work done they didn't see any sac in the uterus and no embry I'm a nervous reck I'm 26 so afraid of it being eptopic my hcg numbers was 1312 I'm deadly worried help !!
I took a pregnancy test on 10/12/12 because my husband was feeling nauseous and really tired so it came back positive but I wasn't even late on my period. On my first ob visit wish was 10/22/12 I started bleeding lightly dr told me not to worry that my cervix looked closed and he could see a lot of old blood. He also said he would not do an ltrasound yet because nothing would show yet. By Tuesday night I was bleeding heavy and dropping huge blood cloths. I went to emr on Wednesday and they did ultrasound which showed nothing and they said my hcg levels where extremely low at 59. The next day my gyno asked me to go in that following Monday to test my hcg just to make sure they where dropping. Instead of dropping they went up but only to 109. Today 11/2/12 my gyno did an u/s to rule out ectopic preg. And saw nothing in my tubes or in my uterus. So they drew my blood again to see what is going on. I hope that I am still pregnant. Please keep me in you prayers.
Hi i know this was years ago but wondering if ur still on here?? Im going through the same thing an im scared i had my first scan last week an nothing at all was seen an yesterday they saw a tiny fluid filled sac no yolk or fetal pole an my hcg is 15000 i got to go back tomorrow to be scanned again n soo nervous...how did yours turn out?? Hope it was a happy ending :) x
I recently found out I was preggo through a positive HPT 11/11/13 after missing my period 11/09/13. I went in for my 1st prenatal visit 11/13/2013 and pregnancy was confirmed and all was fine. *My midwife didn't have anything to say other than answering my questions/concerns 7 telling me what I could/couldn't do.* I've been having slight abdomen pains on & off since I found out but it was never anything to cause alarm. I was told by friends/family they experienced the same & that it was just my body going through changes bc of the pregnancy or that it could be my uterus enlarging. Yesterday otw to work I felt one of those abdomen cramps and again I didn't concern myself bc it wasn't the 1st time. That was around 3pm. During my shift around 7:30 I felt slight cramping a lil stronger than what I've been experiencing & a slickness between my legs. I went to the restroom & there was nothing in my underwear except vaginal discharge but when I wiped there was a light pink/clear color discharge on the tp. I called my Ob/gyn ASAP & they told me it was nothing to be alarmed of & that I coukd go to the ER & get a U/S or I coukd wait 7 come in on Fri if I wanted to see them. Since she said nothing was wrong, I opted to see them on Fri. And went back to work, but as the night progressed I kept feeling these cramps *usually its only once or twice a day*. So I kept goign to the restroom checking the blood/spotting flow. I had placed a piece of tissue there *couldn't go get a pantyline til break time* & now it was a brownish color with tinges of red. I sat on the toilet abt 10min just to see if anything woukd fall in the toilet and only a few drops came out. By the time My shift was over I had wiped a few times a each time I saw something diff *nothing to slightly pink to red to brown to pink to nothing again* & the pantyliner was now showing a reddish color kinda like the 1st day of your period. I IMMEDIATELY went to the ER after my shift was over & they saw me right away. According to my LMP I'm about 6w1d so they drew blood & did both the abdominal & vaginal U/S. They came back to say that they COULDN'T see any evidence of an intrauterine pregnancy & that my HCG level was either 1.24 1,024 or 124 *not sure exactly WHAT the number was bc the doc was mumbling & I was trying to block out the bad news IF ANY*. He said that if I was 6w as I was saying there should have been signs of a gestational sak & that my HCG levels should have been in the 40,000. He said it didn't look good & that it looked like it was a miscarriage. I went home *crying otw* and cried myself to sleep. I called my doc office when I woke explained the situation & they made an appt. to come in Fri to confirm/discredit what the ER told me. I'm trying to be really optimistic as I have yet to pass any clots/tissue & the bleeding is actually considered spotting as its only as I wipe & only once 2day has it been enough to show on a liner. The cramping also is nothing more than a dull ache. I've been online ALL day researching my situation & looking at online posts looking for encouragement & some say Its too early for a sac some say it should hurt more w/ a miscarriage. Regardless I just want some DIRECT answers from my Doc & I'm praying all is well with my baby.Has anyone out there experienced something similar & it turned out to be nothing? Keep in mind the ER doc didn't have my blood work from 2ws ago to compare his findings with to see if its lower or higher so I'm trying to be optimistic. Plus each pregnancy is diff &some have low HCG levels at this point some are high.