Maternal & Child Community
no uterus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

no uterus

I have no uterus ..I have my ovaries and everything else is there...can i still get pregnant? and if not what are my options? I heard of surrogacy process..is that an option for me?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you have no uterus, then no you can't get pregnant. Did you have it removed to stop your menses (menapause)or for some other reason? Do you know why you don't have one? you didn't mention it and weren't more specific.

But yes, with no uterus your only option is surrogacy. You would have to research that. Maybe find a close relative or friend that is willing to carry your baby for you. What they do is fertilize your egg w/ hubbys sperm, then implant it into another women's uterus.

Blank
With no uterus, not only can you NOT get pregnant, but obviously not be able to carry a pregnancy.

YOur options are adoption, international adoption, and surrogacy. And only surrogacy providing that you are ovulating which can be determined by your Dr.
Blank
what is the other term for NO UTERUS?
Blank
398920_tn?1218782947
especially if you want a baby ... like me ... I am sorry that I can not remember where it was, but I did read about where they are doing Uterus transplants. I will try to find it again. You will have to remind me, my memory is so bad. I do believe that almost all have been a success but I forgot what they said ... sorry I just can't remember ... I do remember that that it has been very successful.
If your ovaries are working ... producing eggs ... you do not need someone else's eggs...
sam
Blank
I'm 24 years old and found out when I was 14 that I was born with out a uterus. Her is the site for you to visit if you are interested in uterine transplants. It is only an experiment and may not work, but it gives us hope that maybe in the future we will one day be able to carry our own young.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16637583/

If you know of any support groups for people like us let me know. I'd be very interested to meet other people that have the same problems and what they do to get over the psychological set backs.
Blank
hi i was wondering about the uterus implant please email ***@****
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979