none stop bleeding, after Depo Shot
I have taking Depo shot about a month ago, and since I
after i had my daughter 4 yrs ago i went on the depo shot about a month after she was born, all i did was bleed. i had side effects from the shot and i could not be on it. because of bleeding and cramping real bad. the only thing that i can tell you is i would not recommend staying on it. once your months are up on the shot go on a different birth control method. it sounds like what i went threw and yes it messes with everything in your life.. bleeding 24/7 tell me is that what sounds like fun. NO. i went on Yaz the pill and it worked out great for me. and i stopped takeing it to have a child and it took 4 months.. good luck hope your worrys and gone soon.
ksanden
I am so sorry that you werent warned.  If you read the booklet they give you it says that bleeding nonstop can be a side effect.  after i had my shot i bled for 6 months strait... i hope this doesnt happen to you.  But i would suggest you get off the shot and use something else. Bleeding every day for so long was a pain in the rear! i wouldnt recommend the shot to my worst enemy.  
I was taking the shot for six months. I took my last shot in November. I started bleeding in Janurary which i thought was going to be a normal period but i havent stopped since and it's freaken june, i think the shot is a totally bad idea.
i got my shot about 4 weeks ago.... and ive been bleeding for 2 weeks....   now its shower sex.... but we are so busy, and we have a roommate,.. its a BAD combo... i dont know what to do....I'm very moody and dont feel like myself.  I fight fire in the summer, and instead of carrying my pills in my pack, i thought the shot would be a good idea.
   mmmm.. i cant go on the ring, because it has to be refridgerated, I dont know...  any advice?
i  been on the shot for a month and still been bleeding on and off is it just best for me to get off and get on the pill.....i truly believe depo is not for everyone...dat *****...
I had the shot about 16 years ago after my oldest daughter was born, and all I did was bleed straight for 4 months.  It got to the point that the new OB I had couldn't tell me why and he had a suspicion that my previous doctor screwed up something or I miscarried and was never properly tested.  
I had the depo shot as well, have been bleeding for 8 days, it was just 6, from reading all this, I wonder if I should get the next shot, I dont think I will, just leave this alone...... Its surpose to help not make it worst!!!!!..... ):
Irregular bleeding, sometimes prolonged bleeding, can be a side effect.  Usually (not always) it goes away with continued use.

You should ask your ask your doctor if you are bleeding heavily, or are worried.
I had the depo not this sept gone but the sept b4 that, i started to bleed 2 wks after n have had non stop bleeding since then its been over a year now n im still bleeding since then ive had a laperoscopy n histeroscopy n also the marina inserted im still bleeding to this day i still have no answers wat so ever. My gyno said my last option is to get a hysterectomty but im only 19 im sure there has to be something else they can do... so good luck with everything n i hope it gets sorted keep us posted.... :-)
Wow...The Depo is purely evil. I had my twin daughters when I was 16 years old. About 2 months later I got my first and last depo shot. I remember starting my period...and staying on it for 4 months straight. I was so embarassed I never went to my doc about it. I can believe I was so stupid. Now I am 23 years old and my husband And I have been TTC for 2 years now with no results. My periods are regular. Almost like clock work. Still..no baby. Could the depo have ruined my chances for a future baby??
i have only taken 1 shot and i will never ever ever again take it. i had my twins 9/2/09 and have been bleeding since (11/4/09) i got the shot 2weeks PP. i really didnt even want birth control but just having 2 babies and my hormones out of whack i just went and did it anyway. i am so angry!
I have had the depo shot one time about 3 months ago I had a reg period right after and then about 2 weeks later i started bleeding again and I havent stopped since then it has been non stop bleeding adn very heavy for almost 2 months. I dont know what to do I dont have money to consult a doctor and my mood changes horribly and it is effecting so much of my life!
I am feeling the exact same way. I got my 1st shot in May 09; I did not have my period for 3 months and then when I did get it it never went away. The doctor now has me on premarin and it does help. After I took it for a week, the bleeding stopped for 3 days so now I'm just constantly on it. I am considering having a hysterectomy b/c I have four children and do not want anymore. They need to take this off the market. It has ruined my sex life and can't wait to get it back!
I was on the depo injection for a year everything was fine,till I've come off it dec 4th as I missed my appointment that day to get the next injection I started bleeding that day and haven't stopped and its been months is that normal???
im 17 years old and was using condoms just fine and didnt want too use a method, but my doc kept pressurising me and so i thoght i would try it out. she never warned me about ANY of this and i had no idea that it was posible to get a period on it or any of the prolonged bleeding. now i have become lazy and depressed and failed my A levels (which i was doing amazingly well at before i got the shot) nd in addition have had this horrible prolonged bleeding.. i hope hope hope this bleeding goes away. i hate this this is a torture of women... why is this legal?! i am in tears i hate this horrible injection
hiya im new to all of this and im very confused!
i had ONE shot in jan 2010 and was meant to go bk in April 2010 but didnt has me and my parter wants to try for our first baby! :)
BUT..... i started to hav little bleeds at first after a couple of weeks when i was meant to have my last shot and then after that i have been bleeding for like 5 or 6 days ever week so i only have a couple of days off! wot is happening lol?
will this ever stop?
i only had one shot and that was it and is soooo scared im not going to have my first baby! :(
please give me advice people im so worried x
I was on Depo for a year and had not periods. In Feb of last year I my preg test was neg so I continued with the Depo shot. In May, the same thing, neg + shot. In June I found out I was 5 months pregnant w/boy. Miscarried in June and got back on Depo. This time, I've been bleeding since then, no exaggeration. Some days light, some not so heavy, but daily. My shot was due June 5th, had unprotected sex June 11th and as I went to the bathroom that same evening, my bleeding had stopped. I have not spotted or anything since then. I have also not taken the shot in case I am pregnant. I think there was a bit of whiteish discharge 3 days ago. I would think that's ovulation. I can't tell since I have bled for the past year. What would make the bleeding stop on its tracks? Could I be pregnant? Is there such a thing as instant prego? It has been unsexy to wear pantyliners or light tamposn everyday at 39 but now I don't wear them. I mean, no nothing, not a spot. I don't have any symptoms either but I think it would be too soon. And why suddenly right after sex. What are your thoughts?
hi i am 17 and i wanted to stop the depo shot and i was told not to go in for it so i didnt and when i was suppose to go for it i started my period i have been on my period for a month now what do i do?
Hi,i had my first and last depo shot 7 month ago and since then i have noot stop bleeding.I have read a lot of complains about depo shot and same problems as mine UNTIL today when i went to GP  and she even suggested that it could be cervical cancer !!!Can you imagine!I have done my smear test just before depo shot,everything was fine and 1 week after the shot i started spotting and bleeding till now.So she scared me right off.Now i am waiting for my  gynecologist appointment to come through.I am so worried at the moment.I am sure it is because of Depo Provera  AND NOT CANCER.I told her that i have read a lot of reviews of woman who had the sam on going bleeding for months,but she kind of ignored that.
I just wonder how will they stop that bleeding?When it is going to stop?Plus i have bad mood swings like on my period (i have very bad PMS syndrom )uhhh
Sorry for the long post and probably with a loot of mistakes but i am not English and tried my best:)
regards.
Dary
I been on the shot since I was 16 I have been off if it for 8 months and I am bleeding constantly. I would go all year on my period, and the next year not have one at all! Now that I'm off of it I'm always bleeding, and bleed even more since my new new partner and I have been having sex????!!! I have to get back in something but what?
i got my first depo shot 6 weeks after the birth of my 3rd child and started bleedin heavily 2weeks later it stil hadnt stopd so went to the docs 2weeks later an got put on norethisterone hormone pils it was ment 2stop 4days later, 16days later it stil hadnt stopped an i was takin them 3x aday like i was told so went back 2docs an they changed my hormone pils 2provera 2weeks ago im still bleedin heavy now its 6weeks later, i wasnt warned of this an i hate it, its a good birth control lol only cos i cant do anything with my partner best form of birth control ever. i wil never get this injection again its ruinin my life. i have now been told by doctors its an underlying cos for it an booked a scan on 3rd december but wen i read this it seems alot more common than iv been told i was fine b4 this injection an it wil be my last i wuldnt recommend this to any1 save urself from ur misery an get the pill. i am so drained now its unreal x
I had my son on 11/5/10 and he is now 2 months, 1 week, and 3days. That next day after having him in the hospital i had the depo shot and ever since then i have been bleeding like im on my regular period. I went to see a doctor after having 9 weeks of bleeding and fatigue. The doctor did a hemoglobin test and it came back good so i was told that the depo shot was making me bleed and it could maybe take up to 6 months before my body could get used to it and for the bleeding to stop.
ugh...this doesn't sound very promising....
I read this forum because i too made the mistake. My shot was taken August 23, 2010. i've had the headaches, moodswings, extreme fatigue, loss of sex drive, difficulty sleeping, depression, severe weight gain(10+ lbs/month) and the bleeding. Most of the side effects are starting to subside and i have a sex drive again, but the bleeding isn't stopping. I too bleed heavier when i have sex, and lately seem to pee blood. i've been bleeding since about october 1, 2010. that's almost 5 months!!! when will it stop??!!! glad to see i'm not the only one to ask this question. in december my doc said, "it's depo. deal with it." grrrrrrrrrrr......
I had my first depo shot after I had my daughter back in 2007.  I had non-stop bleeding for six months afterwards, and the doctor's acted oblivious to the fact that the shot was causing the problem.  I have had it once in 2009 with not problems.  Anyway, I was dumb enough to give it another try based off the fact that I wanted worry-free birth control.  I honestly don't have to worry about getting pregnant because I can't have sex like this!  I am pissed that I've been spotting everyday since December 28, 2011 and cramping from time to time.  Depo ***** and I'd rather chance getting pregnant anyday than mess with my body again.  I want my life back.
I got my depo shot about a month or so ago, I had my reguler period for about 5 or 6 days and then it stopped for about two weeks. But now i have been on my period for about 2 weeks and it's depressing me, i had a very active sex life so im very angry im not being able to have sex!!! The colour of my blood is very dark and there is'nt much blood but it just wont stop. I don't know what to do! Does anyone know if the periods will gradually go away through the next depo injection??

Melissa x
Bleeding 9 months and counting after first and last depo shot. Spotting is mostly brown. Sometimes skips a few days, but my gyno examined me and said that it's still happening but is so light sometimes that it doesn't make it out. Sometimes I have full-blown "real" periods, although they do not follow any schedule like before.
the depo has the been the worst thing ive ever done. i cant believe i have done this to my body. its been four months now and i too have experienced non- stop bleeding. this contraception is a joke.. and should not be prescribed. ive experienced mild depression, lack of energy which has affected my performance in school and my sex life with my bf.  i now don't enjoy having sex as much now.. i just feel gross. i think there needs to be more awareness, no one told me that this could happen.
I got my shot August 23, after my 6 weeks checkup after I'd had my first child. Well, I didn't bleed for a week, and the next week I came on my period. When I got off my period, my husband and I had sex and after that it's been non-stop bleeding! I see why you can't get pregnant on the Depo, it's because you don't stop bleeding long enough to have sex! We haven't had sex since! Well congrats Depo, you're the only form of birth control strong enough to make women not get pregnant and stop having sex. :( Depressing!
ughhhhh i had my 1st shot in june and it was great i had 1 period 4 the 3 months and it  was really light,then i got my second shot in the beginning of sept. and since i havent stop bleeding its been non stop, its been shower sex which is fun here and there but not everytime. dnt take the depo it *****!! my mom warned me y didnt i listen?!?!?
I now you posted this a long time ago,but I am having the same problem and wanted to know what you ended up doing? Any info you have will help
i took one depo shot two weeks after having my son in jan. i was on that month long period you normally have after having a baby, but it stopped for two weeks then started back up again, and since it won't stop, and its almost the middle of july!!!!! i would have never taken depo ifi knew this would happen. and its not normal, the blood willcome out a deep red, but then turn brown quick. its not heavy, jus spotty and it will never end. i feel like if i keep having this period, my moods will never be the same along with my body.... my poor husband...
I'm 19 and I got the depo shot in dec of last mouth and started bleeding six weeks later on jan 19 its been 2 weeks n 2days .I never knew the depo shot can mess up your life ,plus your sex life also ..I wont get the shot again or any birthcontrol
I've had 2 shots, one in October and one in December, and both times I bled nonstop. When they gave me the second shot they said I would stop bleeding completely, but after a couple weeks I started having a light pink discharge on my underwear and then in January I started bleeding nonstop again! I wish it would stop because I don't think I can go on anything else, I can't remember to take pills daily cuz I have a bad memory problem.
They put my daughter on depo for her bleeding and cramps she was on it a year and a half it caused her to gain over 50 pounds so they took her off 3 weeks ago and put her on out of date birth control they also gave us no booklets excepts how bc doesn't protect against diseases 3 weeks she has been bleeding non stop im talking heavy enough to go through one tampon every 10 minutes she can't even walk to go to school she is in so much pain. I took her to our local womans center through the hospital and they told her they would send something in to help control it which they haven't done yet and wont return my calls, and wait 4 months and come back. She can't bleed like this for 4 months she cant eat sleep or bend as it is now. Is this normal after coming off the shot going onto bc?
I was given a depo shot the day after the birth at 13 september..few days after lochia stop i am bleeding again non stop and now already december..it was the bad idea..it ruin my life..i feel so deppressed,cant sleep because thinking too much about the bleeding,lack of energy,moody,and cant even have sex..i went to the doctor and taking the norethisterone..it just stop 2 or 3 days..then it bleed again..the bleeding is on and off..i dont know what to do now...
Hi did u have ur results on cancer test and I am having the same problem as you should I go and see a doctor about it
I'm 19 years old. I got on the depo shot in December of 2015. Did not have my period at all for 3 months. It is not February, which is the time I am supposed to be getting my second shot. I started bleeding on February 12'th. It is now February 21'st and I am still bleeding. I was hoping that if I get my second shot the bleeding will stop, but now I'm not sure if I should get a second shot because who knows if the bleeding will stop. It's so annoying!
It is now*
I got depo September 2015. bled everyday constantly, not a day missed until about 2 weeks ago and now it's starting again. I also had clear skin until I started depo and now have bad cystic acne. I also weighed 125-130lbs before I started. I excercise and don't eat much and I have gained an uncontrollable amount of weight. atleast 20-25 pounds. it's so disgusting and I feel so embarrassed. mood swings, cramps, bleeding, headaches, weight gain, bad acne. I would never recommend depo to anyone! ever! i keep reading these post with thousands of woman who go through the same thing bc of depo. and my doctor says continue to get the shot, I didn't, I only got it once!