Maternal & Child Community
not having morning sickness worried!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

not having morning sickness worried!

Hi all! It's me again. I am 6 weeks along now. I am not experiencing nausea and vomiting in the morning.It is mostly gassy kind of feeling but I have nausea and vomiting sensation in the evening. Any other symptoms that can re-assure me that my baby is growing normally.How should my lower abdomen feel like? I had a missed abortion around this time in my last pregnancy. What symptom should immediately alarm me? I am in sincere need for prayers. Love you all.
Ekta.
Try not to worry.  When I first found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, I had no symptoms.  I was sure I was about to start my period.  I never had any sickness or anything.  Maybe you are just lucky.  Are your boobs sore at all?  Some women are just lucky to not have any symptoms.
Ekta--If it makes you feel better I have 3 healthy kids and only had morning sickness once!! It was one day only I threw up on the side of the highway on my way to work, with my first, the last baby never knew I was pregnant until 2.5 months (husband had a vasectomy) so I didnt think it was that. I thought i had diabetes, had headaches. Lots of girls check their hcg levels I never did that either. Its a 40 week waiting game
God has you in his hands, Im sure he knows what he is doing.Most of us have had a m/c and have gone on to have kids
Hell, I HAD morning sickness with my first baby, and I still had a miscarriage. None in the begining with the baby i did carry to term, so DONT WORRY about something as crazy as not being sick in the morning! By the way, you can have "morning" sickness at night.
If you feel sick that is good, the only reason some get very sick is the mucous plug forms from all that sickness. Some people never experienece morning sickness and it can strike anytime of the day. Most women who are having boys don't really get sick but with girls its twice the estrogen so it makes ya feel sicker. It did with me and my friends anyways. Just sit back and relax and take one day at a time, cause worring too much can make the baby jittery.
I have a 6 yr old DS and am now pregnant with a girl.  The only bout I had with morning sickness (if you can call it that) was I dry heaved 1 time when I saw red spaghetti sauce.  And that was with this pregnancy.
Thanks for the support. Should I be feeling somethng hard in the lower abdomen where the uterus is?
I have 2 kids that I had no pregnancy symptoms with at all. Never had morning sickness, sore boobs , nothing. I am 37 weeks 6 days with my third and had morning sickness among many other symptoms. Try not to worry, My other 2 were just fine and I would had much rather not had morning sickness with this one. :)
I don't remember feeling the hardness until I was futher along.  I didn't have the soreness of breasts very much either.  I did end up getting morning sickness... like you usually at night around 8-9 weeks or so and it lasted until I was about... I'm not really sure but it seemed like forever.  Definitely over 20 weeks!!  Try not to worrry, I know its easier said than done.  From listening to this board I've realized that everyone and every pg is different.  Good luck to you, you'll definitely be in my prayers!!
Dont be upset if you dont get morning sickness - rejoice!!!  I had it sooo bad with all of my pregnancies I had to be medicated for it. LOL.  No hardening of my belly until I hit about 4 months and wish there was none now. Just kidding!!!
I have 4 kids,and not a single bout of morning sickness with any of my pregnancy's.Be happy your in the "lucky" minority...lol
Your uterus won't even reach your pelvic bone until 13 weeks.
i was sick the whol first 4 mo.and was even put on meds for it, but it didnt start well into the 7th week or so. consider yourself one of the lucky ones. lol
I have a 5 year old and am almost 33 weeks pregnant and i had no morning sickness either time.
I had no morning sickness until about 8 weeks...then, whoa baby! I was puking morning, noon, and night for the next 3 months (lost 12 lbs). If you really wish that on yourself, dont worry, there is still time LOL! I will keep you in my prayers; I'm sure you're just fine. I remember feeling worried and uncertain (if I could just hear a heartbeat, or if I were just showing, or if I could just feel the baby moving- THEN I will relax, a little). Trust God, He will take care of you.
LUCKY YOU!!! Probably a boy.;)
Hi  i feel for you as i am going through the same thing. This is my second pregnancy and i am only 6 weeks. due to see the doc tomorrow,hope to god there is a heartbeat. I had nausea with my daughter and now not a stitch with one. probably a boy. Still breastfeeding this one a little, so maybe its the prolactin which is preventing the sickness? Anyone know any wiser?
Morning sickness can happen anytime during pregnancy, you might not have it for the first 10 weeks.. as for me...it just hit me on my 11th week.  Right now I am very nauseated and hope that, that would just be it.  
Hey, don't worry...I've been prgnant 4x before and this is my 5th pregnancy and I've never threw up once in all my pregnancy days...Some of us are just lucky that way.
It could still be early for the sickness to kick in.  Some gals don't get it till after the 6th week.  IF you are feeling a little queasy in the evening though, that's it.  You don't always throw up with m/s, sometimes you just feel like you want to puke.  I had terrible m/s with all of mine, was dehyrated, lost a lot of weight, had bad dizzy spells...even with my m/c.  Try to relax, it's hard after you have had a m/c, but it will get better.  Hopefully you won't have any more m/s.  It's pretty awful and kinda embarrasdsing when you have to bolt at work several times a day. They would just laugh when I took off, had very little warning before I would throw up as I was so sick all the time.  Didn't let up till into the 6th month last time and came back in the 8th month.
hey guys...new to this site and its good to see so much support.
i am 6weeks 2 days pregnant and have no nausea and very little cramping. i had a miscarriage a couple months back and cudnt see a fetal pole in my pregnancy, but i had  the symptoms of nausea last time. So very worried this time. Havent see the OBGYN yet. will be seeing her next week. i am hoping everything will go fine this time. I frequently urinate and my boobs just feel a little larger but not sore so much. I am so tensed.
I had no m/s and I am pg with twins! I wish you luck.
I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have not had any morning sickness. I did feel like I was going to get sick twice, but that is it.
My boobs were really sore last week but they don't really hurt this week. They have gotten bigger. Is this normal?
i will never know why women think you HAVE TO have morning sickness to mean evertyhings great with a pregnancy

some women get it
some women dont

symptoms come and go
I am in my 5th week in my first pregnancy and have no m/s. I only have sore breasts and slight cramping here and there. I hope everything is okay. Reading what you have all written has been reassuring. I almost want the m/s to start...

Sharon
I am 5 weeks and 2 days with my first i have thrown up one time. But i have read so much and I really think m/s is just the luck of the draw honestly. Im hoping not to get it lol.

I am praying for you though!

:-)
Oh!  Be careful what you wish for!  Morning sickness is HORRIBLE!  If you are one of the lucky mommas that don't get it, count your blessings!  =)