Maternal & Child Community
off subject childsupport

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

off subject childsupport

tomorrow is the day they set it and we will see if ryan's dad fights it.  now he says he is bringing in W2 from 2006 and 2007 which is not what he makes now WTF does that have to do with anything.  it is based on what he is making now not what he made or what he will make they based mine on what my check says now why should it be different for him now he is telling me he is going to tell them i do drugs WTF i am so upset right now
My brother went thru the same thing iwth his chikd, It dont matter what they made then it matters what they make now. dont be upset over the drug thing, i know it hurts my brother's baby mom's said that he was drinking while supporting child. eitherway stay focuseed on whats better for th echild which is getting what is deserved the support, it takes 2 to make baby which is 2 incomes. Dont let him uoset you the judge will see that and you wanna be the stronger person. Good Luck i hope all goes well and make sure you find out what he makes now bc the amount taken out goes per county and state example for my brother child its 17% of total check. but we in PA
Good luck tomorow Kris.  You are right (at least in Indiana), the child support goes by what you are making NOW, not what you made last year or even the year before.  The will probably request that he give the courts his last 3 months paychecks.  That is how they did it for me.  Please do not let him get to you.  He is just trying to upset you by making rediculus accusations.  He is only trying to hurt you, do not fall for it.  Go in to court tomorrow as the stron woman you and know that we are all here supporting you.  Please let us know how it goes tomorrow.  

Hugs,
Kasie
just got back.  they did three figures - one not counting his two kids - 903 - one with counting one - 821 and then counting both of his kids 776.  I told him we would do the 776 but he didn't want to.  he only wants to give 600 which is less then half of what I am suppose to pay - my obligation is 690 and he makes more so we are going to court on the 24th at 9 - i cried and cried he made me feel so bad - i think 776 is fair and they are counting his kids who only stay with him in the summer, so that is fair to them and me - the judge can lower or higher it.  it is up to the courts now - they did not account for his overtime :(
if his overtime is a regular occurrence, they should have counted it.  it is fair that they counted his other children though.  don't be scared to go to court, it will be fine.  
he is not off he job yet.  i am not sure why the lady didn't count it.  i think it is because he doesn't get it all them time, but she did not account for me having to use my vac to make 80hrs which is going to run out here soon.  i will take the 776 though - it is more then the 350 that he thought he could give me.  i thought it was fair to count his 16 and 15 year old.  they counted my daughter who lives with me.
I am sorry that things have to go further.  I know how aggarvating it can be.  My ex was the exact same way.  I have his first child, so my son is entitled to 20% of his pay.  Well, I did not think that was fair to the other two mothers, so I agreed to 100 a week.  It took us 2 years to get to this point.  He is also the type of perosn who will do or say something just to get my dander up.  He usually proceeds to make me feel like such a low life, when I was the one who has taken care of our son for the last 13.5 years while he ran around getting high and drunk and going to prison for the first 10 years of my son's life.  Thank God I found a great man who has been my son's 'father" since he was 6moths old.  Do not be scared about court.  To be honest with you, the judge will probably raise the support to what he SHOULD be paying.  You tried to be nice and do right by him and his other 2 children, and he did not want to negoatiate (sp).  Please do not feel bad.  You did what you thougth was right.  Please keep us posted on how things go.

Hugs,
Kasie
thanks you guys.  i guess i still have feelings for him and have put them aside for our son and that is what is best.  i will get over him but it is hard.  i just remember all the bad times.  this is so much higher then the 350 that he is giving me and i am happy about that.
do you guys think it was fair to give credits for his 16 and 15 year old and they don't live with him and he doesn't pay support for them - the reason he doesn't pay is because the mother make 80000 a year.  he has them during the summer and every other weekend.  I don't know, if that is what is fair and the court sees it as fair then i seem to think the same way - what ever is fair..   i wonder what the judge will say
If he doesn't pay support for them then they shouldn't be counted.  It would only be fair if he had to pay support.  Well since he's being so difficult about the entire thing, the judge may get irritated and force him to pay more.  I know it's hard to get over your feelings for him, but every time you get a little sentimental, think of him not wanting to support Ryan.  Think about how he abandoned you while pregnant because he decided that he didn't want this baby.  Think about how he chose the drugs over you and his child.  This will help you stay strong.
yes, i remember him buying crack once a week or even twice - that is 200 a week equals 800 so if he could do that he can pay me that much.  i am so so streesed about money it is killing me but i don't want to move back with my mom when my lease is up.  both my children in one little room and my mother is mean
Oh kris, you can do it sweetie.  Once you get the extra from the support it might be easier.  Hopefully he will pay on time.  
he has a good job - robbie is a butt hole. he never pays on time - he owes me $870 and i will have to take him to court if he is one more month behind i will give him another month.  i should be getting my rebate check 1200 soon so i am paying off two credit card bills with that.
I know how rough it could be.  Even if you take him back to court all they will really tell him is to keep up with his support.  However, they can suspend his license and he can't get a passport.  They can also take his tax returns and give it to you.  They may even force his company to deduct from his check directly.  So there are ways of getting that money.  Now at least it will be done through the courts so you have options.