Maternal & Child Community
open forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

open forum

Have a great one girls.
Oops!  I just posted an open forum.  I didn't see one a few seconds ago.  Sorry about that!

Good morning everyone!
Hi paulette, I read your post about your LH. I don't want to be negative- just realistic- but when your body still has more than 5 ml/miu of hcg, your body still thinks it's pregnant and when you're pregnant, your body produces much higher levels of LH. That's why some women use OPKs to detect pregnancy. You can check it out on peeonastick.com.  When I m/c, my lh sticks were just as strong as or stronger than my hpts until they got down to about 11 hcg. I was cery confused by all the + OPKs and my doc explained the physics to me and told me that LH increases with pG.
Hi girls I'm new to this forum. I am currently 12 dpo and took a test this morning and it's bfn:(. My bbs have been sore for almost two weeks. I am pretty dissapointed. I have been slightly cramping today. My AF is due on Jan. 27. My DH and I have been TTC for a few months now. I was almost positive it was going to happen this time.
I am 5w 5d and I went to the Drs on Monday because I started spotting brown(and have 2 m/c's) and when they did the pelvic exam she said my uterus was enlarged bigger than what she thought it should for 5w.She said according to the size of it she thinks I am 8-9 weeks along which is impossible. Has anyone been told this or what could this mean???Twins????
Tiffy81 - Don't give up yet. I tested 11, 12, 13, 14 dpo all with BFN's and didn't get my BFP until 15 dpo.

wannabmommy- Well, i guess that's good news. At least you are not m/c! It is still weird that they are dating you so far in advance. I would think twins also but not sure - when do you go back? Did they do an ultrasound? My spotting has stopped, only a few times this weekend. I just talked with nurse today and she said it is normal - as long as it's not pink or red.
Hi Girls, I am new here but can totally relate to the disappointment of getting your AF. I would get so depressed seeing a BFN that I finally stopped testing early and waited till at least one day after AF (but it comes like clockwork!). I so want another baby; I have a 12 month old precious girl & was 42 yrs old at delivery. We did not have any medical intervention in getting pg's but it took 9 months and a mc to get her.

Does anyone know what the chances of my getting pg at 43 are? Six cycles have gone by with no avail even though we had sex during, before and after ovulation each time. Also, is it true that the chances of multiples increases with age?
I'm not exactly sure what the chances are for having a baby at certain ages, but I do know that as far as multiple births for older mothers, it usually has to do with fertility drugs/ proceedures.  So if you're not taking any fertility drugs or doing any special fertility proceedures, I would not think your chances of a multiple birth would be any higher than if you were younger.

Good luck to you! :)
Amanda
my last pregnancy (may '05) i didnt get a bfp til 18dpo!!!!  good luck
i just read that is a sign of twins ...it was on babyzone.com
i dont know where i read it but i have read that w/ age chances of twins increase, even w/out drugs.  i think that your body releases more than one egg more often whenyou are older.  dont quote me...but i swore i read that
Thanks, I also thought I read that the older you get more eggs go afloat. I'd be happy with one baby, but for some reason have always wanted twins. MY DH came home from work the other day and told me his co-worker is having twins - the day before found out gal at church is preggers. I guess I'm feeling a little sorry for myself cause I want to be pg. I also read somwwhere that if you had baby in your 40's chances are excellent for another. Still I'm wondering if I should try clomid even though I believe it's all up to God anyway.

Regarding ovulation, if I feel that pain during time of ov wouldn't it mean that I am releasing eggs?
You guys were right- I posted before that I thought being pregnant with multiples usually happened to older women mainly due to fertility pills or plans  (I was wrong)... I just read this:

"The older you are when you get pregnant, the more likely you are to have twins. This may be because of an increased ovulation of multiple eggs, resulting in more dizygotic or fraternal twins."

got that from this link if you want to read more...
http://pregnancy.about.com/od/multiplepregnancy/a/oddsoftwins.htm

Good luck!
Don't give up hope- this could still be  your month- you haven't gotten AF yet right?!  I've been ttc a couple months now and just got af yesterday.  I was very dissapointed b/c I felt like it was going to be *THE* month, but it wasn't.  Now that it's arrived I can start trying to figure out what days to try next month.  My cycle is still not back to normal after going off the pill a few months ago.  This month I got cramps again though which reminded me of how I used to be before the Pill.   I'm hoping that next month will be when I get my BFP.

Hang in there- I know it's dissapointing when you see that BFN, but I'm sure all the disapointments will be worth it when we all get our BFPs. :)

Amanda
thanks but I got conformation that I did indeed ovulate. I had a vaginal U/S today and my eggs have been released the other day I had about 7 and they are all gone. Doc said i did ovulate and my progestrone is up to 37 and two weeks ago my progestrone was only 6. I know all docs say certain things about needing to be low but there is no magical number they round it off to 5 as they do with normal cycles of 28 days. But I know I did O whether it works is up to hubby's little swimmers. If not this time next. Third time will be a charm.
Okay I took a test this morning and got a bfn. I went and bought a digital clear blue easy test and got a "not pregnant" answer. I took the test strip out and it had two lines. One faint and one dark. I'm confused. Does anyone have any experience with this test?
Your not supposed to go by the lines on the test. Go to www.peeonastick.com. You get alot of good info about hpt.
I tried to find the info about twins on babyzone.com and I can't find it.What do I go to?
The SAME thing happened to me at my 4wk check up the Dr said my uterus was measuring 8 wks. I kinda freaked, this is baby #1 and although I want more children I was hoping for one the first time - not that I would be upset with two, just shocked
(i should mention my DH is a fraternal twin and his dad swears we are having twins) But when I asked the Dr,. she said she doesnt comment on these things until later on. I read somewhere that a large uterus can mean twins, but generally there is no diff in uterine size until after 12 weeks. My friend had a large uterus all the way through pg and her baby was just a little big. So who knows what the heck our insides are up to. good luck! I am 10w4d, I go to Dr again for hb at 12 wk, Ill let you know what I hear then about uterine size, keep me posted on yours too :)it's funny, I find myself asking all my pg friends and other mother friends about their uterus size! They kinda look at me funny then usually have a story :)haha!I think I am becoming obsessed!!!!