opinions on fourth baby shower
I just wanted to get everyones opinion on a fourth baby shower.  I have three little girls and had a shower for my first and a small one for my second.  Now we are having our fourth baby and our first boy!  I have a wonderful friend who wants to have one for me, but my husband and his side of the family thinks its selfish and ridicles.  I didnt ask for her to have one but now I feel dumb.  I was just wanting everyones opinion.

Lots of people now days have showers with every baby, especially if it's a different sex than previous babies...

I say let your friend throw the shower, and enjoy it! If people have a problem with it, they don't have to come.
I agree that you should allow your family to throw a shower for you. If his family doesn't want to, they don't have to, but they don't really have the right to think it is selfish for SOMEONE ELSE to want to do something nice FOR YOU! I have five wedding showers leading up to my wedding, and I am having four baby showers with this baby (my first) ... if people think it is inappropriate, I guess they are entitled to their opinion, but I am not going to decline kind offers for showers just because! Enjoy the gifts! ;0)
mgi
I  agree with your hubby
shower for number one should be it!
I think it is totally appropriate to have another shower.  Even though the baby won't know you had one, it seems right to treat each baby special. And, especially since this is your first boy, you will need all kinds of new things.  I would say if someone has a problem with it then they don't need to share in your special day!
thanks for the opinions and the advice!