Maternal & Child Community
ovarian cyst after missed miscarriage and D

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi all, I have a question about developing ovarian cyst(s) after a missed miscarriage. My D&C was done 6 wk ago. By 2nd wk after surgery, I started to have pelvic pain in both sides and swollen feeling down there, quite uncomfortable. They last for about 10 days and disappeared. I spotted for 2.5 wk. By 5wk after D&C, cramping, pelvic pain started all over again. Spotting followed 3 days later and last for 10 days. My period? After the 10 days of spotting, pelvic pain continued with an increased feeling of swollen. I went to see a Gyn doctor. He found a 3x4 cyst in one of my ovaries. My OB doctor did not see any cyst while I was pregnant. So most likely it is new after the missed miscarriage.
My questions are:
1. Is it possible that I only have one cyst, but have pelvic pain in both sides? I forgot to ask my doc.
2. Anybody out there who had similar symptoms? What is your outcome?
3. With a cyst, what is the chance to get pregnant again?
No child yet. But my biological clock is clicking, fast. I am quite worried.
Also do you know any website like this that I can go to discuss complications after miscarriages? I have not found much information yet myself. Thanks in advance for your help. And sorry for writing such a long message.

Maggie
I'm not sure about them at all. Sorry I'm of no help but I would suggest you go back to your doctor and request this information. Good luck to you.
i have just had my second miscarriage in three months and just developed within the past two days a (seemingly) pain in the ovary on the left side.  I am only 34 and have no history of endometriosis but i am getting paranoid after reading all i have about it on the net.  I did not have to have a D&C after either pregnancy.  I passed everything i needed to both times.  I doubt the surgery had anything to do with the pain.  Do you have endo?  I go to the dr. in 6 days.  So i will hopefully get some answers then.
I was pregnant (6weeks) and had miscarriage. I visited a gynecologist. She detected the pregnancy and told me that I have cyst (size 3.9cm). Advice me to do D & C for pregnancy and handle the cyst separately.. Immediately after D & C I can feel the pain so deeply although I was given anesthesia. After 3 days, I was having back pain and low abdominal pain.  Doctor told me that it because of the cyst and need to be removed immediately. On the other had, I visited another doctor in different medical centre the next day . I did not inform her that I had D & C. She scans and advised that it should NOT removed immediately and ask me to wait for 3 months.  What I should do?