ovulation after depo
My last Depo shot was early May, 2004.  I have not had a period yet, but my breasts have been sore and swollen for a few weeks.  I recently started having a little pain in the very low sides of my abdomen (kind of crampy pain).  My husband and I are ready to start trying to get pregnant, so I decided to take an ovulation test yesterday due to my symptoms. Though my test line is not AS dark as the reference line, it is still there none the less.  Could this be a false LH surge because because of the depo? Should I continue testing?  Thanks!
My last shot was in Nov 2003 and I did not get my period back until June 2004 and no ovulation till August 2004. The breast tenderness and such is the depo wear off. You may also experience pregnancy like symptoms. You may also want to try charting it will help you understnad you cylces more.
LH is always in our system, so getting a line is normal, even if you aren't having "the surge".  For the ovulation kit to be read as a positive, it MUST be as dark, or darker than, the test line.
Takes FOREVER to ovulate after DEPO. Horrible nasty stuff. What everyone else has said is right. It's the reaction from stopping the shot. Sometimes it takes up to 1 year to start ovulating right.
sm8
maybe you could try taking a HPT.  I've heard of some women using OPK's as HPT's but not sure how that works.  

BTW: a great website is www.peeonastick.com