Maternal & Child Community
pain in vagina at 17 wks pregnant and question about quad test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

hi i was just wondering if it was normal to get sharp pains in your vagina while being pregnant i am 17 wks and the pain isn't all the time. i know how the round legament pain feels and i know that is normal but i am just paranoid over every little thing i guess. Also does anyone know how acurate the quad screen test is? mine came out normal which i am very relieved i have an u/s on 9/11 to check the anatomyl and everything i am still nervous though.
Hi OMG I am expierencing the same thing too I am also 17 weeks and my u/s is on 9/11. What is your due date, I was given 1/31 thru 2/5/07. This last u/s doc said 2/5. I had my quad last friday and not heard anything about my results. about the pain down under is is after a sharp pain and it seems like it travels down there cause that's what mine does and then sometimes it feels like I just have alot of pressure. I was wondering about it but it doesnt happen often so I assume it's just part of pregnancy I can't remember if I had it wwith dd since I had her 6 yrs ago.
yes that is exactly what it feels like i am all confused with my due date b/c according to my lmp dr said it was jan 28 then when i had an u/s at 6 wk they changed it to feb 4 then it was changed to feb 2 now it is jan 28 again lol i guess they can't seem to make up their mind. let me know how you do with your quad test and your u/s on 9/11 are you going to find out the sex if the baby cooperates. i am hoping to find out the sex i already have a 3 year old son so i am hoping for a little girl but if it is a boy i don't mind so long as the baby is healthy.
that previous comment was for you i just forgot to fill in your name
I'm 15w3d and I experienced a sharp pain in my vagina about a week ago.  It didn't last long...maybe a few seconds...but it freaked me out so I asked the nurse and she said it's just another type of round ligament pain.  If you continue to experience the sensation over long periods of time ask your doctor about it, otherwise, it's probably nothing to worry about.

I know what you mean about the due date mix up...according to my lmp I'm due V-day, but my doc says it'll probably be closer to Feb 17...we'll see what she says next time I go in. :)  

I wish you the best and hope you get to find out if you're having  a little dd or ds soon.  I'll find out at my level 2 u/s on Sept 18.
My lmp was 4/26 gave me due date 1/31 but doc said at 6 weeks u/s he said 2/2 then at 9 week u/s he said 2/5...so I don't know but he said could be earlier i had my daughter at 37 weeks and he said once you have them early all other pregnancys follow that way also....yes we are going to find out the sex I'm hoping for a boy but really just want a healthy baby.
I've also had those sharp quick pains & I'm sure like what has already been mentioned, that you are fine but I know it just feels so much better when someone else says Yeah I've been there:) Mine were several weeks ago, I'm now 24 weeks & have not felt it since. LOVE & PRAYERS
i'm sorry well take care I know there's alot of us on this site due end jan or begin feb...yay!!we are about halfway there..Our little ones will be here when they are ready...
my lmp was april 23. and i gave birth to my son at 36c weeks but that was an emergency c-section i never went into labor although i did go in to pre-term labor 3 times with my son and they stopped it with terbutaline so i am having to go on bedrest at 20 wks dr said.
Ouch yes I had the same pains which stopped me in my tracks, mine were around 13-17 weeks too, I am now 30 weeks and still get sharpe twinges, odd pains etc..
I try not to worry unless they are accompanied by bleeding.
hugs
xxx
ive been getting those sharp pains down there also...they hurt bad but they are so quick...i dont get em a lot..
It's a huge relief to know other people are having the same pains and that it doesnt' seem to be something dangerous.