Maternal & Child Community
pains during 8 month of pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pains during 8 month of pregnancy

I am 8 months pregnant and for the past week i have been having severe pain in my lower stomach as well as my pelvic area, somtimes the pain shoots from the pelvic area to my belly button, a pain that is out of this world.

Is this common?
Related Discussions
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had that with my now 20 month old dd.  My dr. said it was nothing serious as long as no bleeding or "unbearable" pain.  Good Luck!
Blank
Yes I am the same as you,I am 34 weeks preggo, it has a name called PBD? I think. Pubic Bone Disorder? It could be your pelvic region is not aligned correctly or it could be just your hips and pelvic region widening to amke room for the baby to come through unfortunaltey not a whole lot can be done docs just write this off as another discomfort in pregnancy that we just have to deal with. I have pain really bad in the pelvic region, when trying to turn over in bed, walk or after getting up after sitting for awhile, the other night I couldnt get off the couch without feeling alot of pain in the pelvic region, so i had to roll myslef off..lol! I also get shooting pains in my vagina and on the outside of the labia. Grrr, now I know why women waddle, and get tired of being pregnant. Just hang on chickie we are almost there!
Blank
i had similar shooting pains with ds, but it was more in my back.  now with this pregnancy I am having terrible gas pains.  almost unbearable. i cant get out of bed sometimes.  argh!
Blank
I had that pain with my DD.Midwife told me that it was baby pressing on my cervix,and was probally an arm of hers going above her head,sure enough when I had a scan there she was asleep with her whole arm around the top of her head.The sharp pain just about stops you dead though eh
Blank
i have the exact same pain to the tee i cant roll over in bed without my pelvis felling like its going to fall out ect either i think there normal but still you should ask your doctor good luck
Blank
thanks yeah me and you are at the same point in pregnancy im 34 weeks as well. And definetly ready for it to be over with. I have never experienced anything as painful as the pains i have been having this past week.

Glad to know its nothing serious.
Blank
i am almost 35 weeks with my first and the pains i have been gettin this past week are unbearable. it feels as if i have gone 10 rounds with frank bruno my hips and back are just about ready to snap.i would be lucky to get a nights sleep at the mo.
anyone know how i feel and know how to help?
Blank
COngratulations, and wow my hat goes to you all. My wife is expecting the baby to come out in January 10 so we are excited too. And thank you for the information because she is having similar pain in the lower part and extrem back pain. Luckily she has me there for the most part to help her get in and out of bed or the couch. LOL.

good luck to you all and stay strong (luckily mymom made me a boy) i know i would not handle it the same. ;)
Blank
1682948_tn?1305085991
well i am 8 months pregnant and everyone says that pregnancy is so un comfortable and that their pregnancy was horrible. i feel perfectly fine and i went through this quick and pain less is that normal
Blank
1194973_tn?1385507504
Can be. All women respond different. Some have perfect pregnancies, others have horrible ones.
Blank
it is perfectly normal, this is my second one and OMG the worst lol but the first pregnancy was a breeze i said i could do this over a hundred times.. every pregnancy is different u just never know lol
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...