Maternal & Child Community
partner pot use

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

partner pot use

Hi I was just wondering a question. I am Pregnante and the partner that took advantage of me uses pot every day and every hour basically all the time. Will that effect my baby ? Can it effect my baby?
Just if you stay with him.

The best thing you can do for your baby is to leave.  A pothead partner that uses every hour of every day is completely and utterly worthless.  Do yourself a favor, wise up and leave.  Otherwise, you are permitting your life and your baby's life to be ruined.  

If you stay, you get what you've chosen.
I think that as long as you are not constantly breathing the smoke, you and the baby are fine.

While I agree that every hour of every day is not a good choice for your partner or you, I'm not judging either of you.

For him to continue smoking that way (if he is dad to the baby and in the same home) sounds like a bad idea to me. I also think you should consider his behavior long term.

But whatever happens between you, if you remove yourself from the smoke directly I think you should be just fine.
Ditto to who_is_this
My dad was a pothead, and a total loser. Not only that, but he was more evil when his supply was low. You're better off alone than with a junkie. As far as any physical effects by way of his sperm, there have been studies done, but nothing was terribly conclusive. You may be able to look it up. Don't breathe his air right now. There is proof that it can have negative effects for you and baby ranging from hypoxia to birth defects and learning problems.
I completely disagree here, the guy is not a murderer, while I dont think it is a good idea to smoke pot 24/7 it doesnt mean this guy is an evil person you should run from, talk to him, maybe he could make some allowances, compromise, you and this guy made a magical thing together dont blow it away through other peoples judgement.
Don't breathe his air and don't live under his roof.  Seriously.
It's always magical/wonderful when a baby is on the way don't you know that?  Sheesh!  What, did you think they were just unromantically banging?
According to Fertility & Conception, "Even if used in moderate amounts, marijuana can have a toxic effect on the developing egg."

If your partner is smoking that much, you're exposed to the second-hand smoke.
just b/c 2 people have sex, doesn't make the result "magical." lets keep in mind that the original poster is also trying desperately to figure out her exact conception date. for everyones sake, i hope it's the other guy's baby...unless he's on harder drugs than pot.
Thank you again!
It's hard to think that it's "magical" when the poster writes "my partner who took advantage of me".

If you'd like my honest opinion, leave while you can, and don't look back.
Well, now that I think about it emcy2, you are completely right.  A person shouldn't leave her boyfriend just because he smokes pot illegally, every hour of every day.  It's a wonderful environment for a woman and a new baby.  I should really have my head examined for saying what I did.  Jeez, what was I thinking?  He could change as magically as they magically created the child!  

I guess she shouldn't worry about the illegality of having pot in her home with a baby either.  Or the residual on his clothes when he holds the baby.  Or leaving the baby for a few minutes with Mr. Wonderful/Stoner.  I'm sure if he nods off, the baby will be very safe in a magical sort of way.  I mean, it's not like pot alters your abilities in judgement or anything!  

Sorry to the original poster.  emcy2 is right.  Chronic excessive pot smoking won't hurt a thing.  Its a magical world after all!

If it was just a shag then why not use a condom?
Sarcastic responses are uncalled for, I simply said my opinion.