Maternal & Child Community
pelvic pressure sign of dilation?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pelvic pressure sign of dilation?

i'm having a lot of uncomfortable pressure in my pelvic area. does this mean that the baby has dropped or that i am dilating? when does the doc check to see if you are dilating?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Are you full term?  
Blank
no. i'm 35w4d
Blank
i answered this before...

maybe the baby has dropped. when i was in my late 2nd trimester omg if i want in so much pain. when i would get outta bed, get back in bed, and roll from side to side. it was the weight of him on my pelvis. i could have sworn my pelvis was going to break into two, because thats what it felt like!! i was in so much pain and the doctor said its normal. well i delt with it till the day he was born. i was not dilated and his had had not dropped! so it could be the weight of the baby, it could be that he/she has dropped. i dont think you feel pressure like that when your dilated tho.

they sick their hand up there to see if your dilated. they can feel with their fingers if you are or not

i think around 38 weeks they started checking at every apointment. they dont want to check too much because of....i forgot...but i dont think its good, i think maybe they dont want to break the water or something by mistake.
Blank
146191_tn?1236881412
i bet its probably that the baby dropped. i remember the day it happened with me. i was at work and having slight pains from the night before through the morning that got increasingly worse while i was at work. i left work and ran to the dr. thinking something was wrong b/c i wasnt full term yet. the dr. advised that the baby had dropped and pretty much told me to get used to the pain because it would be there until i delivered. it was. it want as bad as that first day but a dull pain that kind of lingered the rest of my pregnancy. fun!
Blank
146191_tn?1236881412
oh and as always - of you are concerned, go see the dr. better to be safe than sorry. good luck.
Blank
Baby is getting bigger and you are getting ready for baby.  Could be that your baby has dropped, cramping will be more of a sign of dialation.  My Dr. began checking at 36 weeks, but they will all differ.  Kim is right, they don't want to check too much for fear of infection.  It's not comfortable any way.  Talk to your Dr. at your next appt.  I was at a 3 by 36 weeks, but stayed that way for weeks till I was induced, both times.  Goo luck, try to relax, the last month is rough and uncomfortable, make you look forward to labor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...