Maternal & Child Community
period 4 days early?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

period 4 days early?

hi, my periods have been every 28 days after my m/c in October. Mine has come 4 days early this month and i dont know why. Am ttcing again but since october they have been smack bang on 28 days. Had sex last night (doggy style) sorry if tmi and sometimes when he went in it hurt so i told him to stop doing it so hard and he did, Woke up this morning with blood in my knickers and have been bleeding lightly all day, my breasts have become tender throughout the day and im crampy so im thinking it is my period. Why would it be early?
Also i was worried i may of been pregnant and had rough sex and made myself m/carry, sounds silly but im sure thats why i miscarried last year. x
Hi.  Interestingly I had the same thing happen.

I m/c in October and had period-like bleeding 28 days later (I still had HCG in my system).  Went another 28 days and again period-like bleeding (again still with HCG in my system).  Then this time around my cycle was 24 days (4 days early) and a total surprise -- but the HCG was out of my system.  I am now at 22 and curious what this month will bring...

Sorry I don't have an 'answer' just thought I would let you know of a similar experience.
I dont think rough sex can make you miscarry.  never heard that.  But you could have implantation bleeding.  Hope this helps.
HI, THANX well im still bleeding, so i think it is my period, was rather heavy today and very crampy which isnt that normal for me, usualy when i get my period i have a warning, like i get certain pains and feel very tired, this month i had nothing.I just woke up and was bleeding.I am feeling very crampy now. I dont usually feel anything when im on. I am a bit worried why it is early all of a sudden and heavy. If i get pregnant again sometime do you think it would be safe to have any sex at all until a certain time? x
Hey,
The reason your period started early is more likely because of the sex.  I had the same exact experience. Its just because you were so close to your period date that the sex just trigger it. Nothing to worry about.
    As for having sex if you are pregnant it's totally safe. You can have sex any time, if its a "Normal Pregnancy" which is considered low-risk for complications such as miscarriage or pre-term labor. Talk to your doctor if you're uncertain about whether you fall into this category.
       But just because sex is safe during pregnancy doesn't mean you'll necessarily want to have it! Many expectant mothers find that their desire for sex fluctuates during certain stages in the pregnancy. Also, many women find that sex becomes uncomfortable as their bodies get larger.
                              Hope this helps.