Maternal & Child Community
period after tubal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

period after tubal

I had a c-section and tubal in May.  I had brownish discharge from July 19-Aug 6.  Not bleeding though.  I didn't even bleed a lot after birth.  I was wondering if this is normal?  When should I get concerned?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
165078_tn?1255610007
I did not have a tubal yet but I will after my next baby. I will be a c-section as well.  Do you mind telling me if there is a difference in the way you feel?  How long does it take for them to do that after birth?  
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
It only adds a few extra minutes to the C/Section.  Be sure you are delivering at a hospital that does them, though.

I work in a Catholic hospital, and you wouldn't believe how many mothers are absolutely unaware that tubal ligations can't be done at Catholic facilities.  They come in believing they'll ask to have their tubes tied at delivery, and are blown away to discover they can't have it done.

The doctors don't always tell them prior, b/c they don't want the mother choosing another hospital.  One of OB-GYN dirty little secrets.  
Blank
165078_tn?1255610007
OMG that is so sad for the mom's I would be blown away too but I am also the super paranoid woman who asks 10,000 questions before I do anything. haha  As you can see I am already asking about tubes tied and I am not even pregnant again yet.

It only takes a few extra minutes?  Does it make any additional pain?  I am a huge fan of the c-section.  I was not a planned c-section and very scared when they told me I would have one but I loved it.  The healing was great - quicker then my vaginal friends.  So I am just curious to know if it makes healing longer? and what are periods like after?

Thanks.
Blank
296738_tn?1236000003
I never noticed any extra pain or discomfort after my c section.  I had plenty of pain but I don't think it was any worse than the last section I had.  As far as my periods, I think that I have only had 1 since giving birth.  It wasn't even really a period though.  Mostly just brownish discharge.  I have been told by me SIL and various friends that they have a worse time with their periods since having a tubal.  My SIL is having to take BC after having her tubal.  She is bleeding 2-3 weeks out of a month.  I talk to my doctor about it before I had mine done.  He told me that her case was rare.  I guess I am still waiting to see what my periods are going to do now.  I mine july 19-august 6.  I haven't had one or even the signs of one since.  If I had it to do all over again, my husband would just have a vasectomomy.  They are cheaper and easier to do what I hear.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...