Maternal & Child Community
placenta abruption advise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

placenta abruption advise

HI I am now 18 weeks along.  All the trouble started at 9 weeks when i was seen at the ER for hemorrhaging I thought i was having a my 3rd mc, but I was sent home after being told I was miscarrying and to rest, The next day i got in to my regular Dr she is a family practice and DO. to make a long story short after an ultra sound they found the baby alive and that 20% of the placenta was not attached. i was on 2 weeks of bed rest. bled for almost 2 months. Now she says i can do most normal things, not allowed to work yet. however after researching It seems like most ppl are on bed rest the rest of the time to keep it from tearing off completely. Im so scared I will end up having to push out a dead baby. I had some bleeding again last week and my uterus felt like it was severely bruised feeling of pain. Im scared it tore a bit more, didn't go in for it bc they say there is nothing to do for it but i have a us and dr apt the end of the month.  I do listed to babys hear beat  every few day. Do you think i should have been on bed rest the whole time or see a specialist or what do you think? any experience of this?
stay in the bed girl..only you know your body dont let no one tell you different.oh  i hope the best for you and your baby..