placenta previa and orgasm
I am a bit embarrassed to post this but I don't talk to my doctor until tuesday.

I had a level 2 ultrasound today and the tech and doctor that read the results both said I have a low lying placenta with very mild coverage of the cervix.  I'm not bleeding or having contractions, just some sharp pains once in a while.  But the doctor that read the results said I couldn't have intercourse with my partner because semen can cause contractions and I'm at risk for premature labor.

I don't see my personal OB until Tuesday and I'm confused.  Does that mean I can masturbate or have manual orgasms, just not intercourse. Or is all orgasm bad?  Its an embarrassing situation because my hormones are raging.  Obviously I love my unborn child and will do whats best, but I am feeling uncomfortable.

Scarlet
Sorry, but that means no orgasms either.
I thought it might.

can anyone suggest some me-time things that might help me cope with abstinance (did I spell that right)?  Or some intimacy building things that will help my partner cope with what I'm going through?  he's really understanding and I have no problems helping him with his own pleasure, but I know that I'm going to feel lonely and a bit down sometimes and any advice on things for him to do to help me would be appreciated.  If anyone else has gone through necessary abstinance for the protection of their pregnancy, and destressing or intimacy tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!  

PS I'm not a first time mom - this is actually baby number 4 for me (last one thank god!) but I've been so lucky in the past not to have complications and this one threw me for a total loop!!!!  

thanks to all who are being open minded and understanding about what I'm going through.

Scarlet
oh oh that sounded bad - I didn't mean thank god its my last baby- I LOVE my babies.  I just meant thank god that I'm done with pregnancy!  LOL  sorry about that.  
Lol, thank you for clarifying that. It did make me wonder.
really? i also have placenta which is partially covering the neck of my womb but none of my doctors have said anything about intercourse or orgasms! does this apply to me also?
with my other 2 successful pregs i was never told this either, does an anterior placenta pose more problems for this?

claire
when i had placenta previa i was told nothing in the vagina or anus and no orgasm.

mine was barely touching the opening of the cervix. it did eventually migrate away around 20 weeks.