Maternal & Child Community
position of baby at 15 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

position of baby at 15 weeks

Hi everyone! i am 15 weeks today. i recently received my doppler and have noticed that everytime i find the baby's HB it is to the lower, left side of my abdomen. i know the baby is supposed to be pretty low still, but is it normal for it to be so far off to one side? it's at least 3 inches to the left of the center, probably more. kind like halfway btw the center of my belly and the side. could this have anything to do with having a tilter uterus? i think i may have felt movement for the first time last night, and it was in the same exact spot where i always find the hb. also, i was just wondering... if the baby is still relatively low, what is with that belly i grew in the past month? i have not gained weight (still not much of an appetite), but i definitely look quite pregnant! although, this belly i have grown is so much higher than where the baby is! is it because the baby is just pushing other things up and out?
hi i will be 14 weeks wen. and i have found that my uterus is more to the right side than in the middle. i was worried about it too. but i guess i am not alone:) did you buy your doppler or are you renting it? i really want one but my husband is cheap and he is not concerned so it is not nessacery. are you having any mood swings? i seem to hate my husband at the moment and i dont want him to bother me:)
HI I am 14 weeks with number three.  The baby is still low, but the placenta would be above the baby and is probably squishing your intestines up.  Nice huh?

To the second poster:  Your hormones are raging, ans I completely understand about your hubby being a nuisance right now.  I have a great husband, but there are days I want to bury him in the back yard.
I was just wondering where you got your doppler from?  I have a blood clot in the uterus and of course Im paranoid about my little bean.  Im 12 weeks and dh and I would love to rent one.  I live in Niagara falls,CANADA.
i got my doppler at babybeat.com. i prepaid 3 months, and i think it's like $27/month. there is a cheaper model, and there are plenty that are more expensive. i went with a simple one that only plays sound (doesn't record or display HB). it's very easy to use, and i found the hb in seconds.
i actually have not found myself having too many mood swings. i do get a little cranky when i'm tired or not feeling well. my dh is a saint, and knows when to stay clear and handles me very well! as for the rest of the world, i just don't answer the phone when i don't feel good :) i usually say "oh. i must've been sleeping." if i am cranky and do answer the phone, i make it clear to whoever called that they woke me up. hmm... reading what i just wrote, i guess i DO have mood swings afterall. hehe. i'm lucky though. i haven't gotten moody at work yet.
feel free to ask about the doppler, but i'm heading out to visit some relatives for a few hours, so i won't be able to reply until this evening.

thanks to everyone for making this such an amazing support system!