Maternal & Child Community
positive hpt, negative at dr. office.....another question :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

This is just to add to my post yesterday (11/3).  I had another Walgreens hpt to take so I took it last night & it's still a faint positive.  The CB digital says not pregnant.  Is it possible that the Walgreens hpts are just out of whack?  Other than a Fact Plus that came up positive after the time limits (I know I can't count that), Walgreens is the only one that shows pos.  The FRER said neg as of 11/2. I would be about 11 dpo now. Anyone had a case where just one brand was showing pos?  Seems weird that the generic brand would show before the others.  This wait is killing me! I don't know when I should take it as a true BFN :)  THanks for listening!
I think you're exhausting yourself WAY TOO EARLY! You're only 11DPO that way too early for any test includung the dr.'s to be accurate. If this was anytime past your AF due date I'd say the neg is probably accurate, but you're not there yet. So, stop...take a breath...and wait til you're 14DPO or more to panic.
Good Luck
I have taken different brands and one would say positive and another would say neg. I guess some brands are more sensitive than others. And depending on what part of the day you take them makes a difference. First morning urine is the best time to take them. How many days late is your AF? That makes a difference also. It's much more likly to have a false neg than a false positive. I have taken a million tests and in my experiance First Response has always been the best. Good luck!
IaoAbri....thanks, I know it's early, but I'm sooo anxious.  You're right, I need to relax & give it more time. I'll go broke on these hpt's if I don't chill out!   :)
I took a HPT at 11dpo and got a negative result,so I thought I wasn't pregnant but I took another test at 14dpo(day of my expected period) and got a positive result!  I know you wanna test, there so tempting, you know =).... but I would wait till the day of your expected period, just to make sure to get an accurate result! good luck
I took a test earlier this week at 11 dpo and got a negative. I took a test today and got a strong positive. You probably are pregnant if you got a faint positive on one of your tests because it was probably more sensitive than the others. But I agree with the other ladies who said you should just wait, just another 3 or 4 days to be really sure. Good luck!
i would wait a few days... i had a bunch of hpts and most said neg, i took clear blue digital test at night and day both showed pos. and i am now 11 wks so i back clear blue up...
good luck
I don't have anything extra to add ... I completely agree with the wait a couple of days and see approach, but I did want to say good luck! Let us know how it goes! Sticky baby dust!
Here's a website for ya...  There's preg tests that register at different HCG levels...

http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity.html

I go by this list religiously!!

Good luck!
looks like i'm not pregnant, i spotted a little yesterday & a little more today. i think my period is starting a couple days early.  i don't think it's implantation bleeding, but i'll keep you posted. :)
I missed my period on Sept 18, I took a test on the following saturday and it was positive, Then I started wiping after urination and there was a brownish discharge this persisted for a week. Then the next saturday took another HPT and it was still positive, then tuesday I went to dr and thier two urine tests came back negative? I took a blood test and I am waiting for the results. Is anyone familure with this?
So everyone who has had positive result
what were your symptoms??
im 11dpo and cant wait to take my test
i no ive only got a couple of days im soo tempted