Maternal & Child Community
positive pregnancy test getting darker post miscarriage, what happening...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

positive pregnancy test getting darker post miscarriage, what happening?

I have recently had a m/c, 3 weeks ago. I started taking pregnancy tests the last couple of days to see if my levels were dropping(also blood test at doc). the first test I took 4 days ago seemed to be fadeing and getting lighter but everyday since the lines seem to be getting darker. What is going on? Could I be pregnant this early? And how do you know if the lines are from a new pregnancy or the old hormone still in your urine? Please help if anybody has any answers.
It's possible tht it could be a new pg. Scroll down to
Q: Update! Its a New Pregnancey - Praise the LORD! / Open Forum - baby_gift_from_God 06/08/2006
thanks for the info. I thought I was 9 weeks when I m/c'd but my doc told me the fetus registered at 6 weeks. Who really knows. It has been awful and this waiting for my levels to drop is driving me nuts! Is it supposed to take this long for your levels to go down to nothing. It is so decieving! Good luck to you and your pregnancy, scary but exiting!
It is possible to get varying shades on a HPT untill your levels drop to below what the test is sensitive too. So it could be that your levels are still up...which would mean you were further along when you m/ced. If your were only 4-6 weeks your levels would have dropped quickly and this could be a new PG. You will have to have your levels draw at the Dr's every 2-3 days or so to see if they are decreasing or increasing. If this is a viable PG then your levels will double every 48-72 hours. Hope that helps. I am so sorry for your loss. i too have has many m/c's and know how awful it is. I am now 5 week and 5 days PG finally after 17 months TTC and 4 m/c's due to LP defect.

kimmie
hello

im at a loose end.... i had a m/c 3weeks ago. can u fall preg straight after a m/c?? and if so will the baby be ok?? i never had a dnc so bit worried if i am!!