Maternal & Child Community
positive pregnancy test negative ultra sound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I went to the doc a few days ago they did an ultra sound and told me I was not  pregnant I have taken 4 pregnancy test and all were positive..Could I be pregnant and the baby is just not showing up on the ultra sound?
Depending how far along you are, nothing may be visible. After I tested positive on a hpt, I went in to the Dr, and they only took blood to confirm and check levels. I was 4weeks as of that day, and they said there was no use for a u/s, to come back in 3 weeks to have one done. How far are u? and did you have a blood test done?
The previous poster is right. You may just be too early to see the baby. Some women don't see their baby untill they are 6 weeks. When was your last period?  I would go back to your Dr. and have them do a blood pregnancy test and have them check your levels.  Did they talk with you about a tubal? That could also be a possibility. Or unfortunatly, you could be about to m/c. The only way to know for sure is to go back to your Dr.and ask them for a blood test.
good luck and I hope everything is fine with you and the baby!
They just told me i was pregnant and was no longer pregnant my uterus was enlarged..but i have had a period back cramps all along..
I had this happen a couple years ago. Turns out I was too early for them to see anything, I also had blood tests done. Turns out when I had the u/s I was only 4 wks 2 or 3 days. They tested my hcg levels to determine "how pg" I was. When I went back a week later, the sac and pole were there.

Why didn't they test your hcg levels?
Hi, i am going through the same right now. I have had two positive blood test and three positive home test. I had an ultrasound done at 4 and1/2 weeks. The ultrasound is saying that I am not pregnant, and my blood test that i had done today is saying that i am pregnant. what do you do
Hi...I think I may be going thr,ough the same thing as you are.  I have had all pregnancy symptoms, home tests are negative. The doctor just had me take a blood test and an ultra sound.  The tech said there was no sign of a baby during the ultrasound.  I hope it is just to early to detect.  I've only been having these symptoms for the last month or so.  Good Luck!
Ive also been having pregnancy symptoms.I took two home test & both said im pregnant & I just had my first appoinment yesterday & im 2 months pregnant now.Anyways, the doc said she didnt see anything & that maybe it was too early.I then went to the lab & had blood work done.& Im set up to have my ultrasound done 2morrow.....I hope everythings ok with me, becuase I had 1 miscarriage with my 1st.....I dont need another 1 with my 2nd.Good luck ladies & wish me luck. :-(
Hi Ladies

My girlfriend and i did 4 home pregnancy tests and all were positive.
we then did a blood test and it came back positive aswell stating that she is 3-4weeks pregnant. However, the ultrasound shows no sign of pregnancy. We are worried that it is an ovum pregnancy?? The doctor said that we should wait 2 weeks and do the ultrasound again.
i took 2 hpt and they came back postive and then i went to  my doctor appt and she seen like a sac in my uters and then i took a blood test and it came back negative what should i do
Hi same thing happend to me. I had 2 pregnency test both says positive. Then i went to see a doctor to go for ultra sound. Which says i m not preggi. But i m having stomac cramps n drown discharge spotting. What should i do?
I am 5 days late on my period, I have taken 7 hpt two were digital, all were positive. I went to the doctor, the gave me two urine tests that were negative, and they did not see anything on the ultra sound......I feel pregnant...peeing a lot.......gave me a blood test going back tomorrow.....doctors wont give a straight answer to what could be happening.
I just got out of the ER yesterday. My situation is a little odd. I'm not even a month to my next period, but it came a week early and I'm experiencing the same pregnancy symptoms I did with my last child, so I took a hpt while bleeding lightly but consistently and it came out positive. I called my obgyn to make an appt to get checked out and they referred me to ER since I was bleeding. The dr ran blood tests which came out positive but with a HCG of 1 which he basically said is either becoming a miscarriage or too early in my pregnancy. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this and what the outcome was.
I am 36 yrs old and was just diagnosed with ashermans in april 2012 dr did a laporascopic exam said my tubes are open buy she couldn't get the hysteroscope in my cervix(which is tilted back) because if scarring after a dnc in october 2011. At first I had scanty or no periods but since may I have had normal periods like clock work.so I don't see how my cervix could be blocked with a normal period.it is now september and still no pregnancy though, waiting several months now for my RE appt on october 1, I think I'm pregnant every month and I'm driving myself nuts.advice??
Hi I have 5 pregnancy test...they all came positive..and I started spotting so I got it checked with my dr..she did an ultrasound and told me I m not pregnant...is it possible because it's too early ...based on my period I m 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant..I should have my blood work report by tomorrow ...I hope I m pregnant !!!!
Hi .. I'm on the same boat.. I didn't  get my period since September .. My last menstrual period was on august 18 or 19... I had my first positive test last October 7 and until now it's still positive . They took a urine test to confirm my pregnancy and yes the doctor confirmed that I'm pregnant. So they asked me to do some blood work just to make sure. He also estimate how far I am to my pregnancy via LMP. So today October 15 my doc. sent me to an ultrasound but and nothing shows up.. Both belly and transvaginal ultrasound. The ob told me that either it's too early for me to detect or it could be ectopic... I'm so scared when the ob mentioned about the ectopic. I hope it's not an ectopic ... Please help I need your advice.

Ps. When I found out I'm pregnant on October 7, I had this very very light bleeding ..