Maternal & Child Community
potty????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

potty????

My son is 17 months old, and he just started to pull his diapers off. Today when we first woke up I brought him downstairs to find that he had pulled his diaper off and was sitting on it. When I went to go get him a new diaper in the kitchen, I was approached by my son saying " **** ****" to me and pointing to the floor. He had pooped on my kitchen floor!!! Is my son ready for the potty and is trying to tell me????? And if not how can I prevent him from pulling his diaper off????
If you can get him interested in setting on the potty and reading a book, then he may be ready. Some kids just figure out that they can pull them off. My sister had to put her dd's diaper on backwards to help with this problem when she was almost your ds's age. I hope this helps some. Best wishes.
You can also try a pull up style diaper which may be more difficult to take off? No harm in trying potty training but it's a bit on the early side.
it could be the start of it, my dd was just turned 18 months when she started undressing herself and tinkling on the floor, took a month or so and she was doing it on the potty around the house, i kept her nappy on when we went out though, about 3 months ago i took her out with no nappy and she hasnt had an accident since, she is 2 and 7 months now.
a colleague i worked with said her first son was potty trained just after he was 1...yes a boy and yes 1!! she is an older lady and he wore terry nappies then, but didnt like the feel of wet against his skin and so she potty trained him by his first birthday.