Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy & asthma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pregnancy & asthma

Hi everybody.
I just want to post a question I think somebody can give me answers because I'm worried.
I'm now 6 weeks pregnant and I'm taking Seretide for my asthma. I forgot to tell my doc about this when I went for my 1st appt and I still continue to take it twice a day.
Anybody have an idea if it's dangerous for my baby? I'm planning to stop taking it for a while until I talk to my doc about it. My next appt is on march 9.
Anyone have an idea?
Thank you very much.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
When I was pregnant my Dr. had me go off my asthma meds. I was taking cingular and advare. But for some reason I didn't need it the whole pregnancy. My astham got so much better. Unfortunatly it came back after the baby was born. If I were you, I would just call your Dr. tomorrow and talk to the nurse and ask them if it's ok to be on the meds you are on. It might be really bad for you to stop taking your meds without talking to your Dr. about it first. You don't want to end up having an attack.
And sinse my baby was born, my Dr. had told me that it was ok to take advare during pregnancy. You might want to ask about that one if you can't continue to take yours.
Maybe you will end up being like me and not need any meds for the whole pregnancy!
Congrats on your pregnancy.
Blank
my doc told me all my asthma meds were Ok - But last pregnancy I barely needed them - my asthma was so much better than normal
now with this pregnancy - asthma was better until 20 weeks now I really need meds or I can't breath at all
Blank
Hi I was informed that my asthma meds were ok whilst pregnant - ventolin inhalor and becotide.Follow doc orders
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...