Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy after a tubaligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

pregnancy after a tubaligation

Is it possible to become pregnant after having your tubes tied?
i've heard of two people that had their tubes tide and got pregnant but it's not likely, it's very rare
Yes it is VERY possible to be pregnant even when your tubes have been tied!!
My dh had a vasectomy  and we have a 6.5 month old!!!
Also I know of 2 personal friends that have had children in their mid 40's  because of their tubes have come un done and have two little boys as a result.
Although it is possible, it is not likely.  Having your tubes "tied" is sort of a misnomer.

They are cut, each end is ligated with suture, and the ends are usually burned with cautery, too.  The exact method varies with the surgeons preference.  Sometimes clips are placed on them.

Actually, getting pregnant after a tubaligation is more common than people know. I am pregnant right now and I had one done five years ago. It may vary from state to state, but here in Ohio, the tubes are only tied if the woman is 26 years old or younger. This is done to give them an easy opportunity to untie them if they change their minds at a later date. Don't assume the having a tubaligation means getting your tubes clipped and burned! ASK YOUR DOCTOR!
i had my tubeligation about 7 years ago can i have a baby and i have a lot of problems with it they say i just had my tide
Hi, yes you can I had mine clipped tied and burned when my 4th child  was born 11yrs ago and I'm now 12wks 4days pregnant so it is possible but from what I've been reading on different sites it seems that it is more common among women that have had it done for at least 7-11 yrs ago.
I REALLY WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY , MY TUBES WERE TIED ONLY 9 YRS AGO WHAT CAN I DO OTHER THEN REVERSAL TO GET PREGEANT . I HAVE A NEW HUSBAND AN MY FAMILY WANT MORE GRANDKIDS PLEASE HELP

WANT TO BE PREGEANT BADLY
You sound like me, My fiance has no children he wants a baby and his mom keeps talking about grandkids to the both of us. My tubes were tied 17years ago I would love to have another baby but the only way that I know of is the tubal reversal which is not 100% guaranteed that I will get pregnant and I would hate to spend so much money on something like that only to be disapointed so I guess all we can do is pray that they unravel on there own.
I am a 25 year old mother of two! I had my tubes cut, tied, and burned in 2005 a couple hours after my second child was born. I have had regular periods all along and now I am 8 days late and am scared to take a pregnancy test! I am not scared to have another baby if its meant to be then its meant to be however I am scared of it being a tubular pregnancy! Does anyone know of anyone who had successful pregnancy after their tubes were cut and burnt?
I HAD MY TUBES TIED A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.  EVER SINCE I GOT MY FIRST PERIOD IT COMES EVERY 2 WEEKS AND I HAVE IT LIGHTLY FOR 2 WEEKS THIS HAS PROBABLY BEEN GOING ON FOR LIKE A YEAR.  NOW I THINK IT'S A LITTLE BIT LATER THAN WHAT IT HAS BEEN NORMALY. THE OTHER DAY I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I SQUEZZED MY BOOBS AND IT ALMOST LOOKED LIKE MILK WAS COMING OUT IT HAD A WHITISH COLOR IS THIS NORMAL OR WOULD IT MEAN I'M PREGNANT OR WHAT I AM REALLY CONFUSED
Dont be too concerned.This is normally usaul.I had that same thing happen.The milk doesnt completely dry up that quick I was told.And the more you stimulate it your body will still produce it.
Now that I have commented can someone tell me what you think. I am 27 years old.I am a mother of 5. My youngest is 3 and I for the first time I am late.I had a tubaligation six weeks after she was born in 2004. I dont know how I feel about it.But I have been nauseated and urinating alot. My family believes you can have pregnancy symptoms for someone else.What do you guys think? Its only been 3 years.
i am 24 i had  my tubes tied 3 years ago in october right after my son was born ihave remarried since then my husband is 23 we want a baby together so bad it  seems tobe all we talk about . for about a YEAR my periods have been irregular . april may and june they were regular but then in july i just spotted fora day , then august and september noperiod an now in october nothing i have been haveing sever headaches for the past month which is unusal because i have never had headache problems i am also experincing nausea constipation cramps and dizziness. i took a ept and it was positive but because i didnt want to my hopes up i took a more expensive test one of the digital ones and it was negative . so i am confused of what my body is doing does the tubal mess your female body up it hasj ust began all the craziness this year. so i am worried . i dont know what kind of tubal i had done i remember the doctor asking me before i went under how permenent i wanted the surgery but i do not rmember what i told him because of the drugs . not surehow tofind out i moved from the town i had it done .
Hi everyone :)

First I would like to say congradulations to everyone that has gotten pregnant after having their tubes tied who wanted another child. However, to shed a little light on pregnancy after tubaligation, you sure can get pregnant after having your tubes tied and I am living proof. After having my fourth son and fourth c-section 13 years ago I decided to have my tubes tied. Well to make a long story short I'm now sitting here 4 months pregnant and the baby is in the uterus. My doctor had not giving me any explainantion as to why this happen. So don't just take your doctor's word when he/she tell you that after having the procedure done that you can not get pregnant. Do your homework first and then you decide.

Best wishes to you all

Sabrina
I want to get pregant but I had my tubes tied what do I do Help
I had a tubiligation with clamps 6 years ago I am now 29 and would like another baby. Is there a way to have a baby without reversal?
I had my tubes ties almost 19 years ago after having my son. I was 22 years old.  And last month (Dec.) I didnt have a period for the first time.  Could I be pregnant? As far as I know my tubes were just tied. Thats what I told the Doctor I wanted, anyway.
Is it possible to become pregnant naturally with clamps?
I AM A 34 YEARS OLD WOMAN WHOES TUBES BEEN TIED 8 YEARS AND NOW I WANT ANOTHER BABY. IS IT POSSIBLE MY TUBES MY COME UN-TIED , BECAUSE REVERSAL IS OUT OF THE QUESTION FINANCIALLY
I HAD MY TUBES TIED 18 MONTHS AGO AND NOW I THINK IM PREGNANT IM HAVING HEADACHES ,NAUSEA BUT NO VOMITING ,A LOT OF FATIGUE ,I ALSO HEARD THAT WOMEN WHO GET THEIR TUBES TIED WHILE THEY ARE HAVING A C-SECTION THAT THEIR TUBES ARE MORE LIKELY TO COME UNTIED DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS
I am 34 years old and had my tubes ties 9 years ago and am now feeling very tired and nauseas..and headaches. I had them cut and tied what are my chances of becoming pregnant over having them burned?
I am 32yr old mom of a 6yr old son.I had my tube's tied almost 7yr's ago.I started getting sick,and my breast started hurting.I took two test at hm and i didn't wait for them to finish cause i only saw 1 line,but the next day i noticed both line's.i went to the doctor who did a urine,and blood test,and they both came back positive,plus i had 6 exams.now i have to go to the lab every other day to make sure my hcg number's are going up since i had my tube's tied.My husband ,and i wanted another kid anyway.We tried to adopt,but the mom changed her mind even after we gave the baby our name.so i guess this is god's way of giving us another child.
i am a 33 year old a mother of two wonderful boys one is 11 and the other is 9 years old.my fiancee and i would like to have a baby,can i get pregnant without having surgery.help!
My mother got pregnant with me after having a tubal.They took 3 preg. test and they all came back negative.So they went ahead and tied her tubes but surprise in October here I come.So it can happen
I had my tubes tied in 2001 and now I wanna get pregnant because my fiance has no children. Is it possible for us to have a baby?
Hi to all...

I had my TL in 2001 during a C-section and is was 22 at the time, yesterday after being 12 days late...We got a POSITIVE......
I JUST SO CONFUSED!  I HAD MY TL IN APRIL 2001. BUT I HAVE BEEN HAVING NAUSEA, VOMITING, SORE BREAST, INCREASED URINATION, AND EATING MORE.  I HAD MY CYCLE 1-14-08.  WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF ME BEENING PG.  IM SCARED CAUSE I ALREADY HAVE 4 KIDS.  
I had my tubes tied 12 years ago.  I am now 2 weeks late. I do feel pregnant. however I do not have sore breasts, and have had two negative tests. Has anyone had  a similar situation and then got a positive?
I had my tubes tide about 12 years ago.I am feeling like i am pregnant.I have been eating and eating.I started my period but could i still be pregnant?
I had my tubed the day after my son was born and he will be 2 in july and my perid has never been late or no bleeding in between but this month i had real light spotting and I am a day late which never happens so I am quite sure that i may be pregnant
I am 36 years old. I had my tubes cut and burned 11 years ago during a c-section. Can I still get pregnant? My husband and I would not be upset just worried because my first two pregnancies took a toll on my body. My husband said that my tubes could heal themselves but I told him he was crazy. In my family we are very fertile. Is my husband right?
I am 40 years old have had my tubes tied 20 years ago. I had 3 children at a young age and my new husband and I would love to have another child. without surgery and cost is there any way to get pregnant with tubes tied? please anyone.
i've had my t-tied 4 years ago now i would like to have another baby what are the chances of my tubes becoming untied. what else could you do to get pregnant other than reversal of the tubes?
Okay.. Help Somebody!!!!.. I had a tubal in 2003.. I remember because I just turned 23 and the doctor kept asking me was I sure because I told her I didn't want anymore children. Turns out she only put clips on my tubes. I am not with my husband anymore after 8 years. I have 3 children. I am dating a guy now who have no children. We are not even thinking about that yet but I just want to make sure that my clips are still in place. I heard like after 5 or 10 years the clips starts to dissolve or slip off and my youngest will be 6 next month.. I am not ready for a baby right now and may never be.. Just wanted to know if that was true about the clips?
HELLO I AM 38 YEARS OLD, I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH A MAN THAT HAS NO CHILDREN. I HAD MY TUBES TIED 16YEARS AGO. ALWAYS REGRETTING WHAT I HAVE DONE! FOR THE REASON THAT I WAS NOT DONE I WANTED A SON. BUT WAS MARRIED TO A MAN THAT WAS NOT VERY NICE. NOW I AM VERY HAPPY AND BLESSED AND I WANNA HONOR MY MAN WITH A CHILD OF HIS OWN, OUR OWN.I KNOW GOD IS A POWERFUL MAN BUT I ALSO KNOW GOD HAS MADE POWERFUL DOCTORS WITH POWERFUL SKILLS CAN SOMEONE HELP ME .. I HAVE A HOME I RENT I HAVE A OLD CAR I DON'T LIVE RICH WE LIVE CHECK TO CHECK ALL ARE NEEDS ARE MET. ALL WE ARE LACKING ARE MR.CARTERS BABIES RUNNING AROUND IN OUR HOME. I CAN HONESTLY SEE THE HAPPINESS IN HIS EYES AND HEART IF I COULD TELL HIM WE ARE PREGNANT. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE LOVE THERSA            
is anyone out there
i've had my tubes tied for 11 1/2 years now, and i  was wondering if theres a strong possibility that  i can get pregnant even though my boyfriend has had a vasectomy, i wouldnt be mad if i was but would like to know. is there a way that i could find out by my doctor.
well, i have had my tubes tied for 11 1/2 years as i already said before and my boyfriend has had a vasectomy, but i have been feeling really pg lately, i have not got my perod yet still waiting on it. but my stomach feels really funny, like a pulling in the lower part of my stomach and my cloths are starting to fit tight, someone help
my girlfriend had her tubes tied 5 years ago and she is pregnant as we speak with my child so quit arguing the topic it is very possible...now what are the risks?
hello sabrina
hey im 38 yrs old had tubes tied in 95 yes me and new hubby would love to have a baby, anyhow can u tell me what  u felt when u found out u were preg. im feeling sick at stomach kinda bloated and just tired.
I just had my tubes cut in May of this year.  Now that I am reading all of this, should I be taking extra precautions to avoid pregnancy?  I am worried now!!
iam tubes tie,cut and burned almost 7yrs ago. thats what my doctor told me.now!i have friend she samething i had like mine.and she just gave birth 9months ago.now her baby is 9months old now 2008!my question is!do you think there is some possiblity to me to be a pregnant too?because im hoping to have another baby again even my age is 44yrs old now!but my body is young and my beauty looks like 30 yrs old only...for short.im not looks like and feel 44yrs old im very active woman...im engage of 33 yrs old man now!!he want me to have a baby.and i didnt tell him iam tubes tie and cut,burned...hes always expected to me to get pregnant again..

thnx!!! pls im hoping your answer my question
i had my tubes lazerd 2 years ago. im 2 months late now and my docter told me that yes it is very possiable to get prego after a tuble. so yes if u dont wanna get prego use extra protection..nothing is 100 percent
the body can naturally heal it self after a certain amount of years if your tubes were clipped and burnt  so just pray about it if it was meant to be then it will be
i had my tubs tied 9yrs ago. Me and my husband want another baby.
please help
I am 33 years old and a mother of 3. I had my tubes tied almost 9 years ago, i am now 12 days late, i took 2 pregnancy test a week ago and they were both negative, but i feel nauseas, tired, getting headaches could i be pregnant even though the tests say no?????
I AM ALSO A 33 YR OLD MOTHER OF 3. I HAD MY TUBES TIED AFTER MY SON WAS BORN IN 2004. NOT SURE IF THEY WERE BURNED OR NOT. I ASSUMED THEY WERE. YOU ALL ARE MAKING ME NERVOUS. I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT I HAD NOT HAD MY MONTHLY UNTIL A FRIEND OF MINE MADE A COMMENT ABOUT HOW NICE MY SKIN LOOKED, AND THEN WHAM! I HAD GREAT SKIN DURRING PREGNANCY? THEN I REALIZED THAT I AM ALMOST 3 WEEKS LATE. I TOOK A TEST AND IT READ NEG. I AM DIVORCED AND WITH A GREAT GUY WHO I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A CHILD WITH. IS THE RISK OF IT BEING TUBAL HIGH? I GUESS IF I AM IT'S GOD'S WILL!
I had a TL in 98 and now i feel as though I'm pregnant. I had two Hpt but they came back negative, I had blood work and it came back negative. I do feel movement in my stomach alot, breast hurting, missed my period in Sept then came on for one day in Oct on a saturday went off for the rest of the day and came back ond sunday very light for two days then one day it was more but then it was light again. Doc say u cant get pregnant u had yr tubes tired. I dont know what to do can some one help me?
I am 29 now but i had my tubes cut and tied at the age of 21. after i had my daughter. My husband and i went through couseling but we did it.Now I am 20 days late and kinda confused as to if i am pregnant cause the hpt are coming back neg. I read on here that you should wait until you are 6 weeks late to test. I dont know.
I've been reading alot of comments about feeling pregnant after a tubal ligation, and taking the home pregnacy test only to come back negative.  Some of the reader/responders have stated they have doctors appointments scheduled but never comment about how the appointment went.  If you are one of those individuals that have been informed by a professional, please respond to what the cause of the symptons of pregnacy after a tubal ligation.  Yes, I am sure we know the dreaded word menapause but the age gap for the symptoms has been early 20's to mid to latter 40's. Just wanted to add also I am sure these comments are coming from all around and not within a small radius or community, so it's not the water:).   Very interested in knowing if this is something serious, and is there a test woman should know about and take for these syptoms (symptoms) once or every other year like we do when we have our annual pap smear, or are they long-term tubal ligation side  effects
HI I AM A 25 YR OLD WHO HAD HER TUBES TIED 5 TRS AGO .i AM RE MARRIED AND MY HUSBAND WANTS A BABY WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF ME GETTING PREGNANT. MY TUBES WERE CUT AND CARTERIZED IN 3 PLACES. WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A 4000.00 REVERSAL WE JUST WANT HOPE.
I SEE THIS ONE ON HERE A LOT...BUT NEVER REALLY QUITE ANSWERED.  I HAD A TUBAL BACK IN 03'.  IT WAS WHERE THEY WERE CUT AND BURNED APPARENTLY.  I HAVE SINCE DIVORCED AND I AM NOW IN A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP.  HE WANTS A CHILD AND QUITE FRANKLY SO DO I.  I AM ALMOST A WEEK LATE.  IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I COULD BE PREGNANT?? AND IF NOT, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD SITE THAT COULD RECOMMEND A REVERSAL THAT ISNT GOING TO KILL ME FINANCIALLY?? AND IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE THAT IT COULD TAKE??  PLEASE RESPOND BACK TO ME AT THIS EMAIL ADDRESS JUST IN CASE I DONT FIND THIS THREAD AGAIN.  ***@****. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL HELP.
I am 24 yrs. old and got a tubal ligation about 11 months ago after the birth of my seconded daughter. I know that the doctors told me that they tied my tubes and that is all they did not burn or put any clamps in them. So I was wondering if there is anyway I could pregnant again without getting a reversal because I would like to have another baby. Does anyone know how high my chances would be of getting pregnant again? Thank you, for reading this.
Hi To all!!!  I  also had my tubes tied and burned 8 1/2 years ago. I also have all they symptoms of being pregnant. I have also went to ob for test they come back neg. I also have taken a ultersound and nothing shows theres no baby. I feel sick  and gaining weight. The doctores tell me that I'm fine.I don't feel fine I took another ultersound they found that I had a cist on my right overy and I also had fluid in my uteres they said everything was normal. I don't know what else to think. I have three kids that are my world. And feeling like I'm going to have another baby is a bleesing from god. I just don't understand if I'm not pregnant then why do I feel this way. I am retaining water my hands swell up at night. I also have my periods but they oly last two days but very light with no pain at all.If a doctor reads this please help me. I have done everything I can I have gone to all my doctor's in my city and nobody knows what I have. or they say its normal.
I had my tubes tied and I would like to have another bay now is that possible
HI I'M 28 YEARS OLD I HAD A TUBAL 5 YEARS AGO, AND NOW I THINK I MIGHT BE PREGO, I GOT MY PERIOD FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT(END OF JULY-BEGINING OF AUGUST) I NOW HAVE SYMPTOMS OF MY PERIOD BUT THE ONLY THING IS I'M BARELY SPOTTING SHOULD I BE CONCERNED??
I WOULD LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, GO TO THE DOC OR GET A HPT. WOULD IT B A GOOD THING FOR U TO B PRGNANT?  NOT TRYING TO B NOSEY JUST THAT I HAD A TL DONE 4YRS AGO AND NOW MY HUBBY AND I ARE BELIEVING FOR A MIRACLE.
THANKS I'M GETTING A HPT TODAY. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THE SAME THING TO OTHERS TRUST YOUR BODY, GUESS I SHOULD TAKE MY OWN ADVICE LOL WELL NO IT WOULDN'T BE I'M RECENTLY DIVORCED, SO IT WOULD BE EVEN HARDER NOW. I HOPE YOU ARE BLESSED WITH YOUR MIRACLE, I'LL LET YOU KNOW AS I SOON AS I FOUND OUT.
For those who have clamped tubes, or those who have had tubes tied, cut and or burnt:

I spoke with an obstetrician about my tubal clamps,( which were done in 2000, right after my 5fh child was born ) He politely informed me that yes, tho it's rare, it COULD happen, having clamps lessons the chances of conception, only because the tissue will actually harden, and grow around the clamps as a thick wall (not to be mistaken for an opening around the clamps).  However, if the clamp itself has loosened, there could be the slight chance that enough of an opening would allow an egg to pass through.  He also told me that if I wanted to be 100% sure that my tubes were completely closed I could go to my family doctor and ask for a test to be done. it's called the HSG (hysterosalpingography)  what they do is insert you with a die that will flow through your reproductive organs, and show on an altrasound.  This die will indicate if you have an opening large enough for the egg to pass through. (I googled it... lol)

The doctor did mention tho, with tubal clamps it is the opposite of tubal cutting, the biggest risk for pregnancy is with in the first 2 years, after that the risk lessons more and more because the tissues that the clamp is holding will actually grow together, so even if the clamps come loose or fall off in years following the procedure, the tube is collapsed, and non functional.

I have not yet asked my family doctor for this test, but have a physical scheduled for October 1st, and will ask for it then.  I will come back and post results.  Hope this helps.
I am 39, I've had my tubes tied for 12 years.....The first day of my period started Aug 13 2009 and stopped on Aug 17 2009...I have not started and I pee alot more than usuall....I feel pressure and pain on my pelvic, Could I be pregnant???
I am 27 and I had my tubes tied four years ago. I havent had a menstral cycle since June 2009. I want another baby, but dont think it is going to happer. I have been tired lately and very emotional, my back has been hurting, fatiged, and I feel like my belly is getting so big. I spotted one time the beginning of july. I want to take a test but I dont want the disapointment of a negative. Could I be pregnant?
I am 28 years old. I had a tubal ligation in November of 2006, 5 months after my fourth child was born. It was done with the rings on the tubes. One week after the procedure, I was hospitalized with a severe infection resulting from the surgery, and my uterus was severely swollen along because of the infection.
I am now 3 weeks late, and my periods are generally regular. I am on a 28 cycle, and very rarely I will be late, although usually only a couple of days or so. I have all the symptoms of early pregnancy, although these could also be interpreted as PMS on a grander scale.
Two weeks ago, I took two pregnancy tests within 3 days of each other. Both were negative. However, they were cheap ones. (That's what happens when you ask a man to pick one up on his way home from work, lol. "Aren't they all the same?")
I am wondering if it's still possible to be pregnant. I am hoping so, because I desperately want a baby again. I lost my youngest three children 2 years ago.
Another puzzling thing: I have continued to ovulate every month since having the procedure done, but this month, the time for ovulation has come and gone.
Perhaps when my uterus was distended during the infection so soon after the surgery, the rings were worked loose in some manner?
I don't have any health insurance at the moment, and because my tubes are tied, I don't qualify for "family planning medicaid." If I am pregnant, I need to be seen as soon as possible, in case of an ectopic pregnancy.
Any thoughts?
I'm 40 years old and I'm in good health my boyfriend doesn't have any kids we been together for 17 years and I have 4 thats not his kids he raised them as his own and now he want a baby of his own.why  I took so long cause I was afraid and plus I didn't want to go threw that pain again so I wanted to know can I get pregnant again my tubes been tied for 16 years now so is there a chance for me I put my faith in GOD age doesn't matter should I give him a baby help me out on this.
i had a tl almost 13 years ago what are my chances of getting pregnant now?? i had my last period in the middle of nov and i didnt get one in dec and even though it is the beginning of jan i still havent had a period and my stomach doesnt feel the same and my breasts are sore i am also putting on a little weight which after the holidays dont we all?? could i be pregnant?? if i am not pregnant does anyone know of a way that is in a budget cycle to do invitro we were told they cut my tubes too short so there was no way i could get pregnant... but did they really cut them that short?? anyone with answers is more then welcome to answer me...
desperatly wanting a baby
Hi,my name is miriam I have my tubes tight 4 16year and I wanna have a baby .I'm getting married soon and I wanna give my fiance a baby so my question is will they get on tight well my doctor told me he gives me 10years afther the 10years the get on tight so I'm praying tht they will..
I am 40 yrs old and i am with the most wonderful guy now who i would like to have his child. But about almost 9 yrs ago i got my tubes cut, tied, and burned because i was in a marriage that i did not want any more children with him because he was a cheat and i thought i would be with him for the rest of my life so i got them done because i did not want child any more with him. but now that we are no longer to gether and i am with the man of my dreams we both want a child together but i cant at least that what the doctors told me after i got the tubaligation done i had to sign a paper saying i know i would never have children again. But please someone tell me if its possible to get pregent and if anyone has ever got pregent. If not can they be reversed so i can get pregent and how much will it cost. thanks please if there is a obgyn doctor out there please could you answer my question thanks Or anyone it would be nice and very appreciated thanks again
Can rough sex cause your tubes to come untied?
I got my tubes tied 15 years ago. While I was getting them tied i was 4 weeks pregnant. The doctor did not know. I terminated the pregnancy the week after I had my tubes tied. The doctor told me that since I was pregnant while the tubes were tied, that there is a chance the surgery might not be effective. Anyone ever heard of this? He told me that in 35 years of practicing medicine, he had never seen anything like this. Leave it to me I guess.
i had my TL done the day after my 3rd son was born hes almost 16,
im almost 40. i went to dr back in dec, witch i only went  due to scare nvolving my mom. prior to that i only saw a dr due to having a baby.
its been  4mos that i havent had a period thought it was due to stress. i took a test and it was negitive, witch was two weeks ago and i have a apointment monday.
I had a TL 6 yrs ago, and now I'm experiencing a lot of pregancy issues and I took two 1.00 store test they both came back negative. I'm anxious to know whether I am pregant or not. I can't even button up any of my clothes plus i'm going on 4 weeks late. Too many people have told me it's stress, but i'm not stressed at all. I've been reading alot of ladies saying they got pregant. so i wonder if I am. Taking a test in the morning is best they say maybe I can just wait another week. I just want to be sure tha's all. anyone got any suggestions?
I had my tubes tied in june 06 and have regular period since until now I haven't had one since end of february I've took tests but says negative and I've been crampn a lot lately could I be pregnant still?
everyone asked the same question and no one answered, if anyone know please please leave a answer. i really want a baby to.
After a ligation, you will not conceive by natural means. You would need a reversal or IVF to insure that the baby implants in the uterus and not in the tubes. After a ligation the chance of pregnancy is a little over 1%, and after 10 years it increases to 1.8%. Most of these result in Ectopic pregnancy. That's why a ligation is called permanent birth control. You need to be sure that you're done with children. Many people don't seem to think about their futures in 5 or 10 years and end up in a situation they can't fix.
When a person have a tubal pregnacy is it high risk or deadly. Cause am reading on different sites tat a tubal pregnancy isn't good caise it is hard for the baby to grow there. My tubes is cut, tied and burnt. Now am getting married again I would love to have another baby by my future husband. So someone please tell me what is the really risk or danger of having a tubal pregnancy
well im tryin to have a child with my husband for the last 6yrs and it have not happen yet and the doctor told me my one tube was block and he unblock it but still not having no luck he told me my one tube is mark up a little bad but its going to be hard gettin pregnant like 50 percent so i want to know what can i do to get 95 percent ??? please help me out if u know some thing i can do and take
I'm so glad I found this site! In 2005 I was stupid and had my tubes tied.
What the dr told me he did was up a little rubber ring on each tube. I was so stupid bc my bf at the time said he never wanted kids. At that time I though we where going to get married
Now I'm with a wonderful man that wants kids and I am praying that somehow some way I will become pregnant. Ihave had pregnancy like feelings but years ago I had a dr tell me it was bc I wanted to to have a baby so my body tricked me.
I pray that's not the case this time
i had a tubal ligation 2 years ago and had my period this december but only 2 days and spotting this is not normal for me i am having symptoms of pregnancy including, nausea headaches bloating frequent urination and increase in appetite
i  welcome the idea but have not taken a pregnancy test for fear it comes out negative but plan on buying one today
what do you think? could it be true?
I would take a test. Back in 2006 I had my tubal ligation and a year after (2007) had a positive pg test when I went to see a gyn he told me it was impossible I started bleeding a week later, he then told to come back when I stopped bleeding so that he could do a pap smear well when he did my pap he noticed my uterus was purple the color it turns when your pg he then told me there was a possibility I was. Well that's not all ever since it happens to me a couple of times I'll have pg symptoms so does my hubby and I will take a test right before period starts and what do you know it's always a faint positive. So I went online and wrote to a tubal reversal doctor and he told me I could be having chemical pregnancies which means the egg and sperm meet very late and doesn't attach to my uterus which he said Is very common in tubal ligation women. So it will not be a successfull pg so I always end up bleeding around the time of expected period. I hate that I have this a pray that one day it will be successful so you never know there are many women who have conceived.  
I%2Bgot%2Bmy%2Btubes%2Btied%2B2%2Byrs%2Bago.%2BAnd%2B4%2Bwks%2Bago%2BI%2Bhad%2Ba%2Bbaby.%2BAnd%2Bshe%2Bwas%2Bhealthy.%2BShe's%2Bdoing%2Bpretty%2Bgood.%2BDuring%2Bmy%2Bpregnancy,everything%2Bwas%2Bgreat.%2BNo%2Bproblems,no%2Bnothing.%2BIt%2Bwas%2Bsmooth%2Bsailing%2B4%2Bme.%2BAnd%2Bmy%2Bbest%2Bfriend%2Bgot%2Bher%2Btubes%2Btied%2Bafter%2Bher%2B4th%2Bbaby,4%2Byrs%2Bago.%2BAnd%2Bnow%2Bshe's%2Ba%2Bmother%2B2%2Ba%2Bhealthy%2Bbaby%2Bboy%2Bwho%2Bis%2Bnow%2B7%2Bmonths%2Bold.%2BEverything%2Bwent%2Bgreat%2B4%2Bher%2B2.%2BNo%2Bproblems.%2BSo%2Bthere's%2Bnothing%2B2%2Bworry%2Babout.%2BEverything%2Bwill%2Bbe%2Bjust%2Bfine.
hi im 42 years old i had my tubes tie for 20 years now im engage to my fiance we been together four years now he dont have any kids i want to have a baby so does he want can i do to get pregnant. i now to get them reverse costs alot of money its there a chance than you can get regnant having your tubes tie after 20 years.
I had my tubes cut burned and I think tied like 22years ago I haven't had a period this month I spotted it stopped can I be pregnant I've been urinating a lot and also very hungry
By ebony...
I had my tubes tide a year ago. But at my Dr's visit she showed me a picture of what she did during surgery. I was very upset because what she did was to my tubes was a white band squeezing my tube. At any given time that could come loose. Its Feb. And am due for my period and so far am one day late..and feeling very soar on my breast. Now i very curious to know what's going on.
I had my tubes tied in 2005 now I am pregnant. Every one told me it couldn't happen now I'm a believer. By I'm still coming on my period. Is that normal.
my name is Felicia im 25yrs old. And pregnant with my 2nd child. Im planning on having my tubes tied after he is born. Is it worth having them tied or should i just use birth control?
i hadmy son 3 yrs desided to get my tubes tied now in engaged to be married would love to have as baby as i have 5 boys and one girl my parner has no kids off hiss own anyone can give me some advice how to get pregant with out going to get it reviced or ivf as cannt afford both off them please help
Hi, a lot of women on here are describing pregnancy symptoms and worrying  How many of you have done the test and are pregnant?  Of those who are pregnant, have you had any complications of Ectopic pregnancy or any other problems.  I had the operation 1997 and want another baby now..
my name is frances i got my tubes in march of 2008 could i have a baby and am 32 years old and i have 3 kids a boy and 2 girls
HELLO ALL I HAD MY TUBES TIED ABOUT 7 YRS AGO AND FOR THE PAST 2MONS I HAVE BEEN FEELING PG MY CYCLE CAME FOR 2DAYS IN JULY AND FOR ONE DAY IN AUG BOTH REALLY LIGHT ALMOST LIKE SPOTTING BUT NOTHING BUT I HAVE ALL THE CLASSIC SYMPTOMS NAUSEA VOMITTING FREQUENT URINATION WEIRD EATING HABITS (EX OATMEAL, QUESADILLA AND SALSA AND AVACADO)IDK WHAT TO DO  ...... I AM AFRAID TO TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST

ANYONW BEEN WHERE I AM PLZ GIVE ADVICE AND OUTCOME OF YOUR SITUATION .......... THANKS
I am a 26 year old mother if three I my fiance and I have been trying to get prego for 2yrs now. I had my TL may 2008 but my period came 2days late it only lasted 2 days and on top of that it was brown like my period was goin off not cumin on....so I took a ept and it was pos so I too another da next da with my first urine and what I though was net happened to be post. Because. Didn't see the second line it was too light...could I really be prego????
I am a 34 year old mother of two.  I have a 13 year old daughter and an 11 year old son.  I got my tubes tied in March of 2008.  Once I had my tubal done I didn't have AF for 5 months (i think due to the depro shot I had right before tubal was done).  but once it did come back I have been regular ever since.  the most I have been late is about 2 days.  now here I am and I am 9 days late.  AF should have been here on Sept 3rd and I was sure it was coming because I had all the symptoms that I normally get when I get my period.  but no spotting, no nothing.  I have taken 4 hpt's, day 5, day 6, day 8 and day 9 and all have been negative.  I don't want to be pregnant again so I am hoping the tests are accurate...but the no knowing for sure is killing me.  I just either want my period to come or to see a positive test.  I am going to wait a week and if still nothing then I will make a dr's appointment to see what is going on.
How can u tell if your pregnant if u had only the clips put in...I had mine done clipped in 2005?
This is to rasadiva. What symoptoms were you having??? I too ot my tubes tied in 2005 and lately ive been having headaches n im tired and sleepy all the time when im almost done with my food i get real nauseous. I want to have another baby but im sared to take the test. My boobs havung been a lil sore as well.
I had a tubol done 4 years ago cut and burned but for 2weeks now i have been haveing sore breast going to the bathroom a lot more and cramping i toke a pregnacy test yesterday but it still ant time for my period until next week and the text came back negative could i be preg ?
I had my tubes tied like 11 months ago an i took a pregnancy test an it came back positive...An im a little worried cause is my baby ok or am i going to have problems during my birth pls let me know...

i'm 31 and i tide my tubes 4 yrs ago... :/ now i have moments were i think did i make the wrong choice.. but at the same time i think do really want another one and the anwswer is yes.. scared but YES i do want another one.. any who.. for the first time in 4yrs i literally tried to conceive.. it was exactly 2 weeks after my period.. OVULATING i had intercourse with my husband, i did what i always did put my legs up for 20 mins after intercourse.. and i know its crazy but guess what i'm expecting baby #4... :D so it is possible.. or maybe god just has a plan for you... now i truly believe that when its ment to be its ment to be even with tubes tide.. so for those that are trying don't give have faith!!
I have my tubs cut and tied and I'm 23 days late what do I do
that sounds just like me. I had my tubes tied 10 years ago and i had my cycle april 15 and i didnt get it again until 6weeks later and then two weeks later and another two weeks after. well it start coming again every three weeks and thats a normal for me but not 6 weeks. Now in sept. 2011 i miss it again. and its oct. and still no show and i been feeling movement in my stomach and feeling bloated and nausea and lower back pain and headache and at times i feel tired and sluggish. and i notice fine white bumps around my nipple. and also it feels like something is growing me. I took 2 HPT last week and one had a faint pregnancy line and the other one was negative. Monday i went to the doctor and of course my P.Test was negative and she took blood work and now i am waiting. Today i took 3 HPT and all were negative. I am so confused about whats going on with me. i have 3 children already 12,11,10 and thats the last thing on my mind and if its one there and why is it hiding.
Hi my name is Felicia i had got my tubes tied clip and burned n january 2002 my daughter is now 9 years old im just starting to have sex again and my montly is crazy like this month it supose 2 stay down for 5 days i spotted the first day and the next two days i was bleeding the other two days i was spoting could i b pregnant
hi i'm 25 i have two kids and i had a tubal done the next day after my youngest was born in 2009 and the dr that did it told me that they just cut my tubes nothing else so it's been 2years now. and i have had my period every month but the proble i have is that the cramps are really really bad and i bleed real heavy and the dr says that everything is fine but i'm not sure and i would like to have another baby. i have taken pergo test in the passed and the were neg. but each month the cramps and heavy bleeding get worse. Can anyone give me their thought on this please....  thank you
hi . about 9 yrs ago i had had my tubes tied and think burned to not sure tho anyhow i was wonderin is there a chance i could still get prego, cuz i have 5 children but i want another one could i have one? thank u
Thank you,I have a greater range of hope,I've had my tubes tied 11yrs and I'm trying so hard to get pregnant.
Thank you and may GOD bless you and your baby.
My aunt got pregnant after her tubes were tied. Her daughter is now 17 years old
i got my tubes tied on 9-12-07, to my understanding your tubes stay tied for five years and my five years is almost up because my daughter is about to turn five on september 12th this year. So my fiance wants another baby he already have four kids to two other women but we are getting married in 2013 in november and i think i'm pregnant now.
i have been reading all the comments i am glad i came across this i had my tubes tied in 2000 i am not sure the way the dr done mine after the birth of my second child during my c section i had mine tied i was married for 20 years five months ago i began a relationship with someone else and ive not had my period since early november im feeling very bloated some nausua but i really never had that with my other two i am very tired and sleepy more than normal and eating more and wanting odd things could i be pregnant if any one can relate or has any thing they can offer here please email me
Where in Ohio? I am in Cleveland area and got my tubes tied but having ALL signs of pregnancy.
I had a tubal ligation 2 yrs ago and am now on 2nd period within a two wk period. This is really strange
i had my tubes tied 8years ago. feel pregnant im peeing every 5 minutes,nausea, morning sickness. i have headaches and tired. all pee test say negative. i feel like pressure under ribs and small movement in belly. Can i be pregnant and just nite have enough of the hormone to show up on test.
I've had the same problem I had my tubes clamped in 2000 but lately Iv'e been gaining weight and have even felt fluttering ( movement ) in my abdomen , tired a lot , and breasts very tender... the last time I has these things going on I asked my doctor for an ultra sound cause my pregnancy test kept coming up negative .. he would not give me one I had missed my period for two weeks ..I went to a different doctor and still they wouldn't give me an ultrasound .. she pushed in my stomach real hard then right after I started bleeding heavly and that hurt like hell.. but none of them would give me an ultrasound two see if I was pregnant in my tubes , because I had gotten clamped in 2000.....