Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy after endometrial ablation & tubal ligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Well, has anyone out there experienced this scenario; I'm a very very young 50 yr. lady, who was married 20 years, and has been widowed. I have three children, 16, 15 & 12.   I met a fantastic man who wants to spend the rest of our lives together, who has never had any children of his own.  I would love to have another child, I just can't believe that I am my age!  I'm very healthy, physically in great shape, and I most people mistake me for being about 28-30 yrs. old!  (Without any cosmetic procedures ever performed)  My fiance is 43.  Has anyone ever experienced childbirth again after having this procedure done?  Especially at this age?  I haven't even spoken to my obgyn yet, I know he will look at me as if I have three heads!!  :)  Would love to hear some feedback!  Thanks.
The single more important question is how successful was the ablation at destroying your endometrium?  In other words, are you having periods, and are they normal (i.e., as heavy as before, with a flow four or five days long)?  If you are not having periods, your uterus has no endometrium and almost undoubtedly will not be able to support a pregnancy; you would run the risk of the embryo burrowing into the uterine wall and threatening your life.  If your periods are normal, go see an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) at a fertility clinic.  You are probably not considered too old for at least some clinics (the SART cut-off age is 50, but not all REs are SART members).  Be ready to hear that they will expect you to use a donor egg, not your own egg.  Your boyfriend's sperm can be used, so at least one of you will have a genetic connection to the baby, and if you carry the baby you will have all kinds of connectedness to it emotionally.  I would also consider getting married if you are going to do this.  The clinic won't eliminate you from consideration if you are not married, but they might judge a little less and worry a little less about the future of a baby they help to bring into the world, if you were married.
Thank you so much for the reply!  It was very informative.  We do plan on marrying next month.  I did get my period for about a year and a half after the procedure, (done 2 years ago) and I will still get them sporadically for a few days, every few months.  I will speak to my obgyn, and then consider the fertility centers.  I wonder why they would want me use a donor egg.  Any past experience with this?  Thanks!
I am 44 years old, I have had a uterine ablation last August but the very next month up till now have had regular periods, same ole symptoms heavy bleeding and cramping.  I have also had my tubes tied 12 years ago through c-section.  I have recently got back together with an old flame that wanted to marry me when we were 19-20 years old and at that time we weren't ready now after 20 years we are getting married and our lives have changed for the better.  We both would love to have a child together since our other kids are all grown up. I have been researching on if it is possible and have found you.  What's your opinion on the possibility of even trying to have the fertility specialist inject his sperm directly into the egg and going that way with trying to get pregnant?  Sincerely karenkuciver