Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy after miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

pregnancy after miscarriage

Hi Everyone...Just wanted to join in on your group.I am 28 yrs old..Had a natural m/c on Nov.22,05...I have had one period on jan 6th after my miscarriage...The Dr. says that I should wait until I have 2 periods, because your cervix is still soft, and it would be likely that you m/c again if you do not wait the 2months..I have not had my second period..It is 30 days today since my LMP. I have not taken a test, but I am so anxious to start to try again. I am so scared that I will miscarry again..I am overweight, and I was wondering if being overweight has something to  do with miscarriages? Hope all is well with all of you, and I hope to make some on-line friends with you all.
I had a natural m/c in Dec at five weeks and four days. I am now 7 weeks pregnant already. I was advised to be on pelvic rest for four weeks but I had heard so many stories about successful pregnancies after misscarages. I had also read that the risk every woman has of miscarage in all pregnancies rises with each m/c. I also heard stories about woman with several miscarages before having a succesful pg. I knew it was risky so I decided not to time it or anything, just let it happen if it was going to. I guess you are super fertile in the three months after pregnancy so I got pg within days after I stopped bleeding. I have not heard anything about the cervix being soft afterwards or if weight contributes to m/c. Just stay on prenatals and try to be healthy for your upcoming pg because that will help you have a happy pregnancy with a healthy baby. I was really stressed until this week. Someone on this sight told me to sit back and roost for now and that has helped. Whatever is going to happen is out of my control but so far so good. Good luck and baby dust to you!
Hi girls.... Well today I got my second menstration.. I am really happy, bacause since I am following the Dr's.advice, I can try to conceive after this period..I am so happy to here of your wonderful news bluebird!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Just take it easy and go with the flow..Don't think about anything..Just positive thoughts....I was a little reluclent to joining this site, but thanks to all of you for the positive feedback..I hope in the future we can be of some support to one another... Baby4staci, thankyou for the positive thoughts!!!!!
Each doctor has a different reason to wait to get pg again after a m/c.  I had a D&C and the dr. told me to wait 3 months to let my lining rebuild.. Other doctors say do it as soon as you are ready.  I think that whatever is going to happen is going to happen.  As far as you being overweight contributing to a m/c??? i dont believe that at all.. I think if weight had anything to do with being pregnant, it would effect GETTING pregnant, not staying pregnant.. So.. relax and do what you feel is right for you.. Just like Bluebird said.. Everything will work out..

BLUEBIRD!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling/doing good!!

I had a D&C done 5 weeks ago at 9 weeks of pregnancy with no heartbeat.  My doc said that it is perfectly fine to try and concieve (conceive) after the procedure. That is wait at least 2 weeks after you have miscarried.  This is the time it takes for you cervix to contract closed and your uterus to shrink back to normal size.  He said it is very rare to get pregnant before you get your first period after a miscarriage.  How long did you get your first period after you miscarried, and did you get pregnant right after that. See my hisband and I are excited to try again and the waiting to get my period is just killing me!  I ready to be pregnant again, I miss it!
I mc in 2004 and concieved agian 14 days later to which a beautiful healthy baby girl was born 9 months later. try not to worry! let us know if you test and what the result is.
I took a pg test today and it came out neg. I wanted the faintest line to show up, but it didn't.  I still haven't gotten my first period since my d&c.  But my hopes are up.  How is everyone else doing?
I'm a new member.  In Jan. I experienced a m/c.  I'm a Juvenille Diabetic, but had gotten my blood sugars running great.  Yesterday was the last day of my period so I'm hoping to be pregnant by next month.  Of course I'm worried something will go wrong, but I try not to think about it.  It's perfect timing for me to have another child, because I will be finishing nursing school in May.  Just keep my family in your thoughts.  I wish everyone luck on having a baby.  May God Bless!
Hi there...I was reading ur comment below..I wanted to write to you because I felt a certain bond... Congratulations on almost graduating nursing school...I am a nurse already...I actually just moved to NJ, and started a new job...I am now only 5 days thereI was removing a used lancet from a glucometer pen..( I was not sure on how to do this, beacuse it ws a machine that I ws not familiar with) and I poked myself with the lancet.. I saw my whole life flash before me.. My husband and I have had a M/C on nov 22,2005...so as of right now, I can try to concieve (conceive) once again..Well my LMP was 2/5/06...I am having unprotected sex, so I guess there could be a waythat I am pregnant right now..Anyway I went to this Dr yesterday that has to run a Hep/HIV test on me because of the actual finger stick...The facility that I work at is trying to tell me that everything is going to b fine, because the Pt doesn't have anything...The Dr. I saw yesterday has told me the same...Once we recieve the Pt's blood work, then everything will be over with...Until that time..I have to go back to the Dr. next week, then again in 3weeks to keep checking my blood..My husband is soooo mad at me..He said that I probably was not paying attention to what I was doing...That was not the case at all...He is just scared for me and our future...He also mentioned what if I am pregnant now...This thought is constantly on my mind..I wish I could reverse my life to 3 days ago..I would have done things so differently...I am just praying a whole lot....Please wish me luck...Congrats on school..and Baby Dust to you!!!!!
Hi!  I had a BFP on Feb.11th 2006 through a blood test and my level was 80 then on Feb.13th it was 259 which indicated it was a viable healthy pregnancy.  Well unfortunately on Friday Feb.17th I m/c at 5wks 2d and my levels went down to 18.  My husband and I were devastated.  This was my first m/c.  I already have 4 healthy children.  They say that it happens in 1 in 5 pregnancies and it is not likely that I will m/c again and the next pregnancy I will carry to full term.  I am staying so positive and my hopes up for the next one.  I ahd a tubal reversal on Dec.02,2005 and ended up pg in Jan.2006.  I know that was fast.  So I will probably be pg again by April.  How long did anyone else wait to get pg again after a m/c?  Did everything go with the next pregnancy after the m/c?  As in m/c or full term?  My infertility dr said we can start trying in a couple of weeks and then my OB dr said after one cycle?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
HI Everyone,

This is my first time on this site. I had my 7th miscarriage on December 2nd. I had a D&C because of no fetal heartbeat. (twins) @ about 11 weeks. I still have not had a period yet, and there is no way that I would be pregnant. My Doctor gave me a hormone that you take for 10 days and then you should get a period. I still have not gotten one and have been off of the drug for 3 days now. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Does anyone know why this would happen. I have never had this problem after any of my miscarriages and unfortunately I am a pro at it. Thanks

Colleen
I just finishied having my natural m/c.  My first ultra sound did not go as expected, i went in thinking i was about 10 wks when the u/s tech asked if i was sure about my dates.  I knew I was and came to find out that the u/s showed me to be at about 5 wks.  After 2 blood tests it was confirmed that I had m/c.  My Dr. was wonderful and told it like it is, which I really appreciated. He told me we should let it happen natrually because a woman's body knows how to take care of itself and D/C are somewhat overused.  I wasn't sure at the time that I agreed but it turns out he was right.  He told me that I could start trying right away if I wanted but it was up to my husband and I.  He would prefer if I wait 2 months only because it makes it easier to figure out the day of conception. As well as take care of me knowing how far along I am exactly.  Nothing was ever said about a soft cervix. We have taken his advice and are going to wait unitl May to try again and in the meantime enjoy eachother since this was the reason we got together to begin with.  I still am a little scared about trying to getr PG again but we will have to wait to see what the future brings us.
i have also just finished having a natural miscarriage.  i have to go back into hospital on wednesday to check everything has happened but i stopped bleeding on thursday after bleeding solidly for 2 weeks.  i am desperate to start trying again but am scared that if it happens too soon it will mean that i miscarry again.  does anyone have any advice/experience about this?
Ive just read all your comments which i feel will be great help for myself and my wife. We have today been for a scan and was told that there was no heart beat at 12 weeks. Wow what a shock! We have a 3 yr old child at the moment but my wife and I feel absoluetly empty. We are going for a D & C tomorrow which im worried about as i have no idea what his involves. Would be nice to hear from other husbands/parteners who go through this and support each other.

Many thanks
Nathan
Hello everyone! I had a normal miscarriage at the beginning of december and ive had two regular periods since then, but i was  due for another period mar 9th and im a couple days late i took a pregnancy test the day after my missed period but it came out negative. Could i be still pregnant or am i just having an irregular period caused by the miscarriage?  I havent had many symptoms of being pregnant but i didnt have any symptoms with my last pregnancy either.  I had a thick white discharge out of my vigina (vagina) about a week and a half ago that lasted for maybe a couple of days and the same with sore breasts.  Ive been urinating more frequently reasently and thats about it.  Im thinking about taking another pregnancy test but im wondering if i should wait.
I just had a miscarriage at 171/2 weeks old and it really does help to read through other experiences as this was the most difficult experience of my life. I was so excited throughout my pregnany and i felt extremely healthy. However, I was a high risk pregnancy and had a cerclage put in on my 13th week of pregnancy. I thought I was safe and so was my pregnancy. I was dismayed and heart broken when my water broke almost two weeks ago. My doctor advised an abdominal cerclage and total bedrest the next time around and I will do anything it takes to carry my baby to term or as close to it as possible. My heart goes out to everyone who has to experience such a terrible loss. It's something I pray to God I don't ever have to experience again. I am looking forward to trying again but I really wish that this never had to happen. P.S. I forgot to ask my doctor...how long does one have to wait in order to have sex. He did advise to wait three months to get pregnant but i forgot to ask him that important question.
I had a m/c in September of 2005.  I was depressed for weeks but I had a strong support system to help me through it.  I'm now pregnant again and scared to death of the outcome.  I'm trying to stay calm, relax a bit and just be happy, but I have nightmares...not about miscarriages, but just about anything. I haven't told a/one about these nightmares.  Has this ever happened to anyone?
hi there

i have just had almost exactly the same thing.  Was supposed to be 10 weeks when i went for an emergency scan due to constant bleeding and was told there was no longer a heart beat (i had had a previous scan 3 weeks prior, because of bleeding and there was a heart beat then - to be honest i think i bled for most of the time i was pregnant so i guess there was something wrong from the beginning).  On 26th Feb 2006 i had a natural miscarriage (very similar to what you described) and have also felt incredibly depressed since (it was my first time too).  However, i stopped bleeding after about 2 weeks and went for another scan.  Was told that there was still 'fluid' in there that had yet to come out, because i have a heart-shaped womb.. don't ask!... Otherwise, everything seems to be returning to normal and i am just waiting to get my next period.  Have no intention of waiting months.  Am sick of the conflicting things you get told by every doctor - since they can't make their minds up i have decided i may as well just do what the darn hell i want to do!

good luck anyway.  next time will be the one. (or two, i hoping!! - compensation i guess!).
First time on this site. I has my first m/c on March 10th , 2006.I was about 7 weeks prego. I started bleeding lightly, so I called to my Dr. and he suggested me to go for U/T. On my first u/t didn't go as expected, I was thinking about 7 weeks but when u/t showed nust 5 weeks. After two blood tests, it was confirmed, I had m/c. That night I had a blood clot looking thing come out and I started bleeding more and and cramps got worse. Now I'm doing good but still I'm having bleeding and now it's two weeks. Dr. told me to wait still one more week and then we'll go for U/T to see, what's going on in my body.
I was really depressed because it's first time in my life but have really strong support from my husband. Now I'm waiting to get everything normal and i'll have normal pregnancy.
Does any one have any advice for me?
Dear All,
This is my first time on this site. I was looking on the internet for ideas on what advice is given regarding pregnancy after a miscarriage. It feels odd to be looking because this is my third pregnancy loss. I had one previous early miscarriage and one third trimester stillbirth. I have a healthy wonderful son - my true dream come true. We are completely intent on having a sibling for him. I'm 42 - and had my son at 40. I just had a similar experience to Nathan (above) which was that I had a normal u/s at 8weeks and then at 10+weeks I went in for a checkup and found out there was no heartbeat and it had stopped growing just after my last visit. My ob recommended a d&c and sent me to a specialist. As she said he "Wrote the book on it". What a nightmare he was. I have yet to vent at my ob. I'm also miffed with her as she never called to check up on me. So I feel a bit as sea as far as advice goes. Anyway - the dr. who did the d&c for me said to get pregnant as soon as we want to - that the uterus is in the best shape after a D&C for a new pregnancy. He told us not to have sex for 2 weeks after the procedure. I don't know if this advice helps anyone else - but just thought I'd tell you this. I do have a vague memory from my first miscarriage 5 years ago - that we were advised to wait until after 1 period before trying to get pregnant. I think because of a business trip I am taking (now that I'm not pregnant) we will miss our first opportunity. Perhaps a blessing in disguise ? But with my age we're anxious to get going. I had wanted 3-4 children - and I'll be gloriously happy at this point if I have two healthy, living ones. Thanks for listening. I send you all comfort and rest and baby dust.
It really helped to read all of your comments...I had a D&C January 10, 2006.  Third pregnancy,(healthy 6 year old girl and 2 year old boy), and it was a "blighted ovum", which basically means the placenta and gestational sac developed, but no baby ever formed.  I was 8 weeks along, but the sac only measured 5 weeks.  I had to ask the doctors to give me a prescription to make me have a period for the first time seven weeks after my miscarriage.  They said it could be months before I had a period on my own.  We are wanting at least two more children (I am 31), so we didn't want to wait that long.  I'm really ready to try again.  Now, I'm about 2 weeks away from seeing if I start on my own.  My husband thinks we would be fine to try now, but I'm intent on waiting two periods like the doctor said!  I'd be scared not to.  Say a prayer for me.  I'm sorry for all of your losses.  You will be in my prayers.
Kelleybug - It's totally your decision, but i just wanted to tell you that i got pregnant after my m/c, but before my first AF. I used an OPK so I would have an idea of conception timing for my Dr. It's very much a personal choice, but i wanted to tell you that i'm 8 weeks and have seen the baby and his/her heartbeat! What the nurse said (and a few other people on here) was if your body can get pregnant again right away, it's ok to be pregnant right away. Best of luck to you!!!
Thank you everybody for sharing your experiences and gained knowledge.  I am 31 and just experienced my first m/c last Friday.  My husband and I don't have children yet so it was heartbreaking.  I share a similar experience that many of you had.  I went to the ER due to constant spotting at 10 weeks and they measured the amniotic sac to be 6 wks and didn't see the baby.  I was positive on the date of my last period.  Apparently the development had stopped and I had a natural miscarriage soon after that doc visit.  I go for an ultrasound tomorrow to confirm that everything passed and no D&C is necessary.  My doctor also told me that we could start trying as soon as my hormone levels had returned to normal.  It is amazing that there is so much conflicting information out there.  I like the idea of using ovulation tests as I am extremely anxious to get pregnant again.  My prayers are with you all!!!
I too just miscarried this past tuesday. This was my second pregnancy. I have a beautiful 8-month old daughter and if it wasn't for her and my hubby I would be losing my mind! It has been a very hard few days....The overwelming sadness comes in waves.
My story is....I went in for my 1st doctor's appointment at 9 weeks (last wednesday)....she told me that everything looked good. We didn't hear a heartbeat with the doppler...which at first worried me but she said that it was still early. Well after the exam I began spotting dark brown and I thought that it was normal....especially after an exam...I had had spotting with my first and it was no big deal. Well the spotting continued all the way to this past tuesday (6 days) and I began to worry. I called the doctor and he told me that if it was bright red to worry. On tuesday morning a small clot came out as I was going to the bathroom and I knew something was wrong. I went in that morning for an ultrasound and there I saw my little peanut....he/she looked so cute....but I noticed before they even said anything that there was no little heart beating. The technician left the room saying she needed the doc to take a look (I think we all know at this point that the news was not going to be good)I looked at her screen after she left and in a small box it read 8w5d....I was 10 weeks. I knew I had lost my little one. The doctor only confirmed it when she came in. I went in to the hospital a few hours later for the D&C.
I was wondering how my husband and I can concieve (conceive) after this loss? How soon? Does anyone know when approx. the spotting from the D&C ends?? Does having a D&C hurt your chances of concieving again?? Thanks for your support. It has helped reading that others have gone thru the same thing.
I just had a D&C performed on Wednesday.  I went for my first prenatal appt. on Tuesday and there was no heartbeat.  I was 8 weeks.  I am devastated.  I have a son who is almost three.  I want to try again right away but I am so afraid it will happen again.  I was convinced I had endometriosis before I conceived.  My doctor refused to entertain the possibility and told me to keep trying.  I began taking a herbal supplement known as Female Balance.  After a month and a half, I conceived.  I don't know if my pregnancy failed due to my taking that supplement, due to undiagnosed endometriosis, or just fate.

I don't know what to do.  When should I try again?  I feel so lost and alone.  I never expected this.  

I have not really experienced any bleeding after my D&C.  Is this normal?  

All I do is cry and think of my lost baby.

Someone...please write.

Sincerely,

Donnandy
So sorry to hear about your loss, you sound so sad.  I lost my baby on Feb. 24.  I thought I was 20 weeks, but at my dr. apt. the dr. found no heartbeat and said the baby probably died at 18 weeks.  I had to be induced and deliver my baby boy.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done and the greatest loss I have ever felt.  I truly know the sadness you feel.  I really don't have any expert advice for you about trying again.  My dr. said that as soon as you have your next cycle, your body is telling you that it is ready.  With your fears of endo. you should probably find a doctor that will test you if for no other reason than to calm your fears.  The grief is overwhelming for a while, just do your best and know that you will start to feel some peace soon.  I have done LOTS of research and it seems that most of the time there are no answers as to "why", just that things weren't right with the pregnancy and somehow, it's for the best.  Someday, I think we will all feel that peace...I hope.  Please take care.
Sorry, I just read your comment (after posting my last comment)
I didn't have to have a d&c, mine was just like a normal delivery.  But, I did ask my dr. because he said it might be a posibility if all the placenta didn't deliver.  He said that a d&c would not affect getting pregnant again nor would the miscarriage.  It has been six weeks and I still have not had my first period yet, but I have heard people who have miscarried much earlier have had their period within three to four weeks after.  It's best to ask your dr. if he thinks you should wait a cycle or two, I've heard yes and no.  I have been grateful to those who have shared their stories, like you, it has helped me.  I hope it helps you too.
I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant. I went for my us and there was no heartbeat. There was only a placenta sac with no baby in it.I had a D&C March 7th. It was my first pregnancy. Me and my fiance were devistated. My Dr. advised us to wait at least one mp to start trying again. I started my MP Sun 4/2. I'm so excited that I can start trying again. I wish all of you luck! Don't give up and just pray.
Hello everyone. I am new to this. Just thought I would tell my story. I have one son that's 10. When he was 2 or 3 I had my first mc. I am now 30 years old.
I have been married for 6 years and had anther mc at 7 weeks last May. I am worried about going threw this again. The Dr. has no answers for this. He just says it wans't meant to be. I would love to have a girl, but would take a boy as well as long as they are healthy it really makes no difference to me.
Please help!! me over come this fear of trying and not losing the next time.

Thanks for listening!!
hello all...

i am about 6 weeks preggo with my 2nd pregnancy.  I have a 3 1/2 year old son.  i had him after 2 miscarriages.  i am so excited, but so nervous to go to the dr at the end of the week, hoping to see a heartbeat.  I am on medication this time because i was put on it with my son to help me hold the pregnancy and it worked..  my boobs are sore but no other symptoms, so i am nervous..  i wouldnt mind throwing up every morning....  what are the chances that this will all be ok????  someone please shed some light on this......  thanks
Hey, congratulations!  Just some info.  I have had six pregnancies, lost my last one at 18 weeks.  I hardly ever had any symptoms except sore boobs until about 12 weeks with any of them, and then it was only a stuffy nose and cold like symptoms.  Just try to be positive and keep yourself healthy.  Good luck!
Hey everyone I am new to this site and very new to mc. My Husband and I were not expecting this baby but were overjoyed once we found out. I started spotting at almost three months and went in to the doctors office to see what was up. They did a ultrasound and my baby did not have a heartbeat. That was the most devistating experience of my life and then two days later   I had an incomplete miscarriage and then the next day a d&c. I am still in shock with this and it's been 4 days. My Husband really wants to try again soon... I am scared and don't want to repeat the same scenario again. How long is long enough to wait to try to conceive again?  Please help!! This has been so rough for us and I am so thankful beyond words that I found this site!!
Thanks again
First of all I want everyone to know that nothing can be prevented in reality if its gonna happen it will happen.I would like to share my story with you.It all started about a year and a half ago i was pregnant with a beautiful baby girl she was born march 28,2005 two month later she died in my arms of compictions not known yet. the doc's gave us a reason but in my heart i know better.Well a few month later i got pregnant with a baby boy that was in july then in november when i just came back form babies r us i went to the bathroom and felt like something was coming out it was not the baby it was my bag of water.I went in the hospital for four days to see if i could save the baby but it did not work and the worst part of it is that he would have been born on my little girls birthday.
i took a home pregnancy test on march 15 and it turned positive.  i went to doc on the thursday and the urine test turn neg.  finally on march 23 the doc took blood and it was positive for preg. on wed march 29 i started to bleed my docs said i was having a m/c  on the following friday i went to docs and my blood was 142 when i went to hospital on sat my blood was 45.  my docs told me i had a total m/c without doing an ultrasound.  they just did an internal.  i stopped bleeding on apr 3 and i really want to try again.  this was my third pregnancy i have 2 beautiful boys 8 and 5 my doc siad i should wait until 1 period but my partner and I want to try right now  any suggestions
Hello everybody. I was eleven weeks pregnant and started bleeding lightly on a friday, I went to the docs and they examined me and said that because Ihad stopped bleeding that it was probably a missed miscarriage, also my cervix was closed, which I was told is a good sign.  

So I waited for monday for my 'viability' scan, and they told me there was no signs of life.

I had three options of 'management' they said, let things happen naturally, medication or a d+c, I opted for medication first, so I took the pills and arranged to come back in on wednesday to have the miscarriage in hospital.

That night I was having the worst contractions and ended up going back in to hospital, I passed so much blood that night, so I thought I would have lost everything overnight.  But a morning scan revealed nothing had moved.  Therefore I asked for a d+c, I just wanted it over and done with.  So I had one and it's been a crazy month with my head all over the place.  

I've been told it's really easy to get pregnant after a miscarriage.  I hope it's true. Love to everyone
HEY EVERYONE,

Im Amanda, I was reading alot of the comments and I am sorry to hear about of all the losses. I have been pregnant twice once in December 05 and that pregnancy was unexpected, and I thought everthing was ok with the baby, but I stated bleeding heavily and went to the emergency room and the dotor said that I had  miscarried. I never knew what caused the miscarriage. I found out that I was pregnant again in january 06 I went to the doctor as soon as I found out, started taking prenatals and I was praying for a healthy pregnancy, but I guess it just wasn't my time to have a baby because around the middle of february I had a miscarriage again. Both of the miscarriages I past everthing on my own. today I just got news that my Hcg quant is at 2 which is back to normal. I really want a baby but I m so scared to try again because I really never got past the first two months of the pregnancy and with my history I am wondering If i will ever have a successful pregnancy. So i just want to say thanks for reading my story and good luck to everyone who is trying to get pregnant and congratulations to everyone who has welcomed their babies into the world.
                           Amanda 84
my daughter has had a miscarge april 4th she was 10 weeks preg. does anyone know how long she needs to wait to get pregnant again?
Sorry to hear about your daughter.  I had a m/c at 18 weeks.  My doctor said that as soon as you have your first cycle, that is your body telling you it is ready.  However, it might take a little longer for her mind to tell her she is ready, it is a really scary thing to think about maybe going through everything again.  I have heard a lot of people say that thier Dr. told them to wait for three cycles.  She should probably ask her dr. for advice.  Best of luck to her.
So sorry to hear of your losses.  Have you had any tests done to see if there is something you can do?  I have read a lot about medications and hormones you can take during preg. to help from m/c when you have a history like yours.  Maybe a high risk ob. could give you some advise.  I too am afraid to try again, it seems soooo scary to think I could go through all that emotional pain again.  I hope things work out for you! Best of luck!
i am new to this site but i have read some of your comments and they have truly helped me through my first miscarriage. i look forward to making new friends with you all
I had a miscarriage on March 25. I want to know when do I start looking for my cycle again. will it come this month or will it start again next month. the reason for asking is i am experiencing a lot of pregnancy symptoms. I am too scared to take a test because I am scared to have another miscarriage but i dont even know if it is time for my cycle. PLEASE HELP!!!
I went through a miscarriage at 6 weeks of pregnancy recently. Unfortunately, I went in to have an ultrasound and they could not find the baby. I was told to go for HCG labs to find out if I was still pregnant. Anyways, after having 2 hcg labs I received a telephone call from my perinatal specialist office. The nurse started to explain to me in abbreviations that I had a miscarriage. I just don't understand how unsensitive some of these people can be. I am a registered nurse and I always try to consider the patient's and family's feelings when discussing a life or death situation. I felt like the doctor should have called me. Also, another matter of importance is that if the mother is RH negative she should receive a RHOGAM shot to prevent antibodies from developing in her blood. This MD did not even mention the idea of RHOGAM and if I hadn't been an RN I wouldn't have known about the shot. Anyways, I am hoping to get pregnant again after the first cycle, but might already be pregnant already.
A few months ago I went in for a ultra sound and they discovered no heartbeat, it was my first time being preggo, and I was so depressed after my d/c. We decided to try again, and I just found out that I am pregnant. I am TOTALLY freaking out! All I can think about is losing it. I went in for blood work today and I have to go back in 2 days. I just wish I could be as happy the first time around!
i miscarried in Sept, and was told  by the dr that we could try as soon as we felt comfortable, the sooner the better, due to your hormones  and fertility. I have had 1 period since the m/c and am about 4 days late for my next period, if a period does not start tomorrow, i will be taking a pregnancy test.. Good luck to all those that are trying to concieve (conceive) after a lose.. k
I juat wanted to say I am truly sorry for your loss I immediatley started crying when I read ur post because my son too was born March 28 2005....... I recently suffered a miscarriage and cannot stop thinking about him .. my son was born with a brain tumor he had surgery... he is 6 years old.... I felt he was sick the doctors said they saw nothing wrong with hi but I believe that a mother knows best.. your beautiful little girl will always be yours remember that
It is very possible to get pregnant right after miscarriage before next period - it happened to me twice, it was so quick that the docs said it was just the hormones  from the previous miscarriage.  Well they were wrong. I went on to have successful pregnancies on both occasions.  There is hope ladies dont give up.  Stay positive.  I had a third miscarriage a few weeks ago and am on the same journey again.  Staying positive that things will go well next time around :)
Hi. I have been reading literally everything the net has to offer, as well as several threads here. I am shocked at how many women are in this situation! I heard that anywhere from 24 - 40% of pregnancies end in miscarriage! That is a LOT!! However, this was including "chemical pregnancies" - where it's so early that a lot of women think their "miscarriage" is just a heavy and late period.

I am 32 and have had 4 consecutive miscarriages, since 2008. The first 2 were chemical, miscarried the day after finding out. Also, at that time I hadn't been diagnosed with Grave's Disease, like I am now. It's known to cause spontaneous abortion.

However, since then, I have had my thyroid removed and take replacement hormones, and my levels are all great. I had a chemical miscarriage (#3 if you're keeping count) back in March.

Just this past August, I became pregnant again, and my fiance and I were thrilled - we hadn't been trying, but hadn't been preventing either. He has wanted a baby for a long time, and I have just recently gotten ready. Anyhow, I conceived in July, and at only 5 wks pregnant, my HCG was over 19,000!!! Yes, THOUSAND! I was scared I was having twins or a molar pregnancy. They never saw a twin, and it was definitely not molar. Before I even had a pos preg test, my breasts were HUGE (I'm a smallish girl), very hard and sore....I had numerous transvaginal ultra sounds, as I was high risk due to 3 previous miscarriages, Grave's disease, and a few other health issues. But honestly, I felt great, we were SO happy!!

Well, mid september ( fetal age would have been around 8 wks), I started cramping and also having ridiculously light spotting - the same thing happened with youngest boy, and he is 100% healthy. I almost forgot to mention it to my doc, but remembered on the way out. He set me up for another u/s, since the first was too early to be viable.

Well the tech determined "fetal demise" "no heart beat" and I was in such crazy shock and literally lost it. Crying puts it mildly! I was sobbing uncontrollably and gasping for breath.

Well later that night I started researching on the internet, and decided to go to the local ER for a second opinion. THIS time, I was told the baby was only 6w2days, and that I had a sub chorionic hematoma.  Oh and despite the "fetal demise", this tech found a heart beat!!Turns out I also had an enlarged yolk sac - which I found out later - and that almost always means a chromosomal abnormality. The ER doc sad SCH (hematoma) would either cause me to miscarry within the next 3 days, OR my body would absorb the blood and the tear would repair itself as the placenta formed. My HCG was 35,000. I was concerned about this, seeing how 3 weeks before I was at 19 thousand - a LOT of doubling should have happened - but the ER doc wasn't worried. I went back for my follow up - no more HB and my hcg dropped to 24 thousand. I was in SERIOUS denial, started researching hidden twins, thinking maybe one baby didn't do well, but I had a hidden baby - please, don't take that the wrong way - it still mattered to me, but as most pregnant women can relate, just hearing ANY good news after bad news is great!

But nope. No HB was detected on a monday, and I was only measuring 7wks5days gestational(shouldhave been almost 10) and 6 wks 3 days fetal age (even though 4 days passed from the last u/s) My little one fought hard, but didn't make it. Anyway, that was Monday, I spotted lightly the rest of the week, and m/c naturally, saturday 9/22. It was AWFUL. Had to go BACK to the ER - I had a class one hemmorhage and needed electrolytes, and while in the ER I passed the SECOND baby that no one saw! I knew it!! Double the devastation!!

Upon u/s after the second passing, they declared me "complete miscarriage". I took hpt's till they were negative. They have been negative for 2 weeks now.

Now I am seriously baby obsessed. I don't what has gotten into me!! I have 2 boys, 6 and 11, and both were unplanned and had zero complications!!

Now I want one more than anything!! It's been 33 days, no period, hpt -neg, and I can't tell if I'm pmsing or possibly pregnant. This saturday will be 5 weeks, which is how long it took me to get my period after my sons birth. I have spent a lot of money in preg tests. I just don't know what to do. I clearly get pregnant easily, but it doesn't stay. I'm hoping that since I had 3 chemical pregnancies, THEN had one that went on long enough to see a HB, that maybe the last one isn't related and was just some freak occurrence?? I pray for us all, and tons of baby dust for everyone!