Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy after tubal and ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

pregnancy after tubal and ablation

i had a tubal ligation and endometrial ablation in 06. i am wondering if i were to have a tubal reversal a couple years from now if i could still get pregnant having had the ablation? i have talked to my doctor, but they are not sure. i really want to know if i can have hope or if it is a lost cause.
they should've went over everything with you before you had the ablation done. You cannot substain a healthy pg after having an ablation, if the egg could even implant at all. The lining's just not thick enough. If the pg does continue to full term, there's a high chance of birth defects.

I had to decide which one I wanted, but decided to go with the tubal. If I were to get pg after an ablation, I wouldn't want to take that chance. Plus, I've heard that sometimes you're periods stop afterwards and I wouldn't want to be constantly wondering if I was pg.

I'm sorry, I hope others have better outcomes to tell you
You were probably told when you had the ablation that you should never become pregnant after it.  The endometrium is burned, and there isn't enough left to sustain a pregnancy.  In fact, it's very dangerous to conceive after an ablation, because if you did conceive, the embryo can implant in the uterine muscle itself.  This is very, very dangerous to you and the fetus.  

Its rare to conceive after an ablation, and extremely risky.  Its one reason that you are always counseled never to attempt pregnancy afterwards, and a good reason for a tubal ligation to be done at the same time.  

There will always be a success story here or there if you search the internet, but these are the exception rather than the rule.  
thank you so much for your advice. my cousin recently had a baby and everyone i know is prego! both my pregnancies i had P.U.P.P.S which was ver miserable, (the reason i requested the tubal and my doc. offered the ablation) i am just hoping that this feeling will pass in time, because when i had the surgery i was positive i never wanted to get prego again, but now everyone i know is, so i am wondering if it is just a envy thing or something. any advice?