Aa
A
A
Close
pregnancy after tubal (bands)
I had my tubes tied about 5 years ago (the bands, not sure of medical term) and now I am rethinking the rush decision i made and now want another child. Does anyone know of a pregnancy after a tubal like mine without getting a surgical reversal. Im afraid it is really gonna be permanent and that is so upsetting.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1194973 tn?1385507504
It is possible, but I'd never recommend you try while you have them still on. You have a higher risk of Ectopic pregnancy once you get Tubal Ligation done, and if not caught can be life threatening for both you and the child. That said, you can try and try for years and it just not work, because it is meant to be a permanent form of birth control. The only way you're going to conceive naturally without risk is by having a tubal reversal or IVF. (And a reversal can only be done and work if there's not too much damage to the tubes. I've seen some other cases where they can't repair it because of damage and scar tissue)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am pregnant again after second TL
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
HI I HAD A THE BANDS PUT ON MY TUBES ABOUT 8YEARS AGO IS THERE A CHANCE THEY CAN BREAK OR GET OLD LIKE RUBBER BAND DO THERE ABOUT THE SAME THING AND IS THERE ANY CHANCE I CAN GET PREGNANT
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
there is a chance of pregnancy after a tl but it is slim. I had a tubal reversal after a trpile burn and they were able to repair my tube, not one side as the dr burnt all the way into my uterus but I did have tube left from the ovary. Look up dr. richard levin lousiville ky
babiesbylevin.com  I got pregnant with one tube after my reversal!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources