Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy and mirena

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

pregnancy and mirena

I just had a baby 5weeks ago and I'm about to get the mirena put in tomorrow and me an my boyfriend had sex 2days ago and he got off inside of me by mistake.  Can you detect pregnancy after getting the mirena placed inside you?  also how long does it take to detect?
In my experience there is no mistake about it. A guy can stop if he wants to. As for detecting pregnany  It is the same as normal but at this stage the mirena is likely to stop the egg implanting. Talk to your doc about it when you go to have it put in.
if you had unprotected sex be sure to tell your ob/gyn. if there is a chance of pregnancy you shouldn't start any form of b/c until after you know for sure.