Maternal & Child Community
pregnancy symptoms very early after miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

i had a miscarriage 2 1/2 weeks ago. it was so heartbreaking because we planned it and i got pregnant the first time! after the miscarriage i didnt want to be intimate with him for a few weeks, then ONE night we did and didnt use protection. that was 5 days ago, i swear i feel pregnant like i did before. sore breasts, nauseated at times. and that headache that wont go away. has anyone had symtoms (symptoms) come about this early? im quite obsessed and driving dh crazy.  thank you for any response , i love this site it has helped me so much with my miscarriage.
You might still feel pregnant beacuse there are still hcg in your body.  Have you gone to the doctor?  You could be pregnant but to me it's too soon to have symptoms.  You will have to get a blood test done to be sure.
I am in a very similiar situation as you.  DH and I planned our pregnancy and got pg on the first time but miscarried at 5 weeks.  It has been 5 weeks since my mc and I am started to feel pg again.  Af has not shown up yet but I am getting a negative on hpt.  I don't know what to think and I don't have an answer for what you are going through but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.  I hope everything turns out for the best!
well my symptoms disappeared after m/c. when i was pregnant this last time i felt this way very early as well. i have an almost 8 year old but its too long ago to remember how i felt pg with him. i hope best the best to you!
have you taken an HPT? iam going through the same thing but my test are coming back positive. I dont know wether it is old hormone from the pregnancy or a new pregnancy. So frustrating! I feel your pain.
You are not alone. I'm going through the same thing right now.
babe4me, we had a m/c at the same time... It still hurts, I still cry, I'll always greave for my little baby... and only a person that experienced the same thing could understand my pain... I'd say a m/c is the most traumatic thing I've ever been through...I find thid site so useful!

I think this could be your hormones going down. Even if you are already pregnant again, I believe it's too early to have  symptoms. Whatever it is, I wish you luck!

A mounth and a half ago I never tought I'd say that, but as time passes it does get a little easier.
Hi, only thing i would suggest is to get hospital/dr's to track your HCG levels as will increase if pregnant - by doubling. But decrease if only your m/c hormones remain.

I know it's hard.. but it's the only real way of them telling till you can see your little baby on a monitor.

I had a m/c on 2nd May and on 2nd June I could still pass a urine and blood pregnancy test. They tested my levels over 2 days and they were decreasing.. it was just the hormone dropping.

I had preg symptoms and even cravings would you believe!

Good luck and fingers x'd your levels are on the up! ;)
sorry that last comment was directed at you, I am new to this site. i havent totally figured it out yet.
I was 10 weeks pregnant and I miscarried on March 24th 2006. I was am 20 yrs old. My husband, 31, and I had been trying for a baby since our wedding 10 months prior, so we were estatic to get confirmation that we were pregnant. I took 4 tests, at 8 weeks, went to the dr. for a test a 9 weeks, scheduled a GYN appt for 11 weeks, but at 10wks, I went to go to the bathroom and I had a small amount of spotting, with in the next couple of hours I starting cramping really bad and bleeding worse. I went to the hospital where they had to use forceps to extract the fetus which didn't have a heart beat. We were crushed, and felt completely guilty even though the doctor said "it just happens". Anyways, my husband still wanted to try but I simply could not handly, emotionally, another loss like that, so we used rubbers and the withdrawl (withdrawal) method every time, 3 weeks after the miscarriage, I got my period, and now, June 22nd, I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am happy, but scared to death of another loss, considering I didn't wait the "2 months", but so far, so good. I pray to god, love my husband, and keep my gyn as close as I can.
I had a miscarriage 2 wks ago, I was 7 weeks pregnant, it was the worst experience of my life. I didn't cry at first but now it seems impossible to stop. I recently got engaged so we were not planning to have a baby yet but when we found out we were thrilled. The doctors say it is complete but I still have some bleeding. This has been a really stressful and depressing week, all I want to do is to be alone with my thoughts and cry, I know it is not healthy but that is the way I feel, I feel tired and just physically and emotionally drained. Did anybody else feel this way and how long does it last?