Maternal & Child Community
pregnant headache cramping lower back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

HI THIS MY FIRST TIME. I'M PREGNANT FOR THE NINTH TIME I THINK I AM ABOUT 5 OR 6 WEEKS, HAVE THREE CHILDREN AND LOVE THEM DEARLY HAVE HAD FIVE LATE PREGNANCY LOSSES OUR LAST ONE WAS SIX MONTHS AGO WAS 16 WEEKS SO WHEN WE FOUND OUT WE WERE AGAIN  WE WERE OVER THE MOON, HAD AN EARLY ULTRASOUND TO SEE (I DID NOT THINK WE COULD SEE ANYTHING THAT SOON) BUT TECH SAID SHOULD SEE SOMETHING BUT WE WERE TOLD THERE WAS ONLY A SAC THERE BUT IT WAS NOT GOOD OR BAD NEWS NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS? WAS ALSO TOLD THAT HAVE A LOT OF CYSTS ON OVARIES AM HAVING SOME CRAMPS AND LOWER BACK PAIN WAS NOT TOO CONCERNED AS I HAVE NEVER HAD A LOSS THIS EARLY IN THE PREGNANCY IM NOT SURE WHAT I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR AM STILL WAITING ON DR TO CALL ME. THAT'S ALL I SEEM TO DO IS WAIT AND SEE IF SOMEONE WILL TELL ME WHAT THEY KNOW AM SCARED THAT IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. AM I READING TOO MUCH INTO THIS ONCE AGAIN? OR SHOULD I PAY ATTENTION TO MY GUT ???
Hi. I understand what you are going through, I myself am in the middle of what the dr thinks is my second m/c.  I also have really bad cramps, but I am also bleeding.  The two together is never a good sign.  In your case thought from what I have read, it is ok to get cramps because that could just be your body and insides moving and stretching.If they are light cramps I wouldn't worry to much but if they get so bad you cant take it call the ER. You know your own body, I would trust your judgment.  Good Luck. Wishing you well.
thank you ,feel like im losing my mind. i hope all is well with you i know how your feeling its hard keep smiling
good luck all the best and god bless
Sorry you are experiencing so much loss in your life.

Cramps in early pregnancy and lower back pains are all normal. As the above poster said, it is a cause for concern when these are accompanied with bleeding.

Don't forget that you have experienced loss, but you also have 3 children. Also when I had a scan at 5 weeks we only saw a sac, the hb was seen at 7 weeks, so don't read too much into what you saw at yourlast scan.

GOod luck.
thank you feeling much better , will look at the positive and enjoy the three lil angels that i have been blessed with they are wonderful.