pregnant or obsessing?
home pregnancy tests positive sunday 8-19, comfirmed pregnancy with qualiative blood test on tuesday, by tuesday afternoon started spotting. dr office had me come in for u/s, they couldnt see anything other than a small cyst so they sent my blood from the previous day out again for a quantative and was at 62, so BARELY even pregnant, started bleeding wednesday afternoon so i had another quantative hcg on friday it was down to 29 i was told i miscarried...by sunday i was having more prego symtoms and i had a home test left over so i figured what the heck..it was definatly positive..i do understand that it takes a bit for the levels to decrease HOWEVER they were at 29 five days ago so wouldnt the hcg in my urine be to low for a home pregnancy test to detect?????
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Well, ultrasensitive urine pregnancy tests can detect a level as low as 10 or 20 mIU/ml. So even if your blood HCG levels dipped to 29, its possible that your urine had levels above 10 mIU/ml. Usually the urine test remains positive for 4-6 weeks after miscarriage. Take care!