pregnant two sacs, only one baby seen
i had a scan on the 14th june i thought i was about 8 weeks, on the scan there was two sacs, one with a baby and heartbeat the other empty, the baby measured at 7w 3ds i have to go back for another scan on the 27 june (2 weeks later)she said it was possible it could be twins! and that twins grow at different rates. well has anyone eles had this same thing or could anyone give me some advise.
If the baby you are seeing is at 7 weeks, I don't think the other one in a set of twins would be impossible to see.  When people talk about different growth rates, I don't think they mean something as extreme as one there and one not there at 7-plus weeks.  There are some unusual stories of babies starting out at different times due to some trick of ovulation, but even then, by the time baby #1 is implanted, there is no more ovulation, so the time distance between the two would not be that great.  Maybe what she was suggesting is the phenomona known as 'vanishing twin' syndrome, i.e., that you had started out with two embryos or at least two sacs, and only one developed.  That's apparently pretty common.  Congratulations on your baby!
to start off let me say i don't have experience with this so i don't know why one baby would be seen at 7 weeks and the other not, but i would think a positive possibility would be that one just couldn't be seen yet - there are many women on here who write how they couldn't see anything at 7 weeks (on their one baby) and were nervous, but given  a little more time they were able to see and hear heartbeat. maybe your baby was hiding :)I really hope you get some clarity at your next appointment and wish you a happy and healthy 8 more months on your pregnancy. good luck. keep us posted on what your dr. sees at your next appt.