pregnant with an iud
if you get pregnant with an iud and didnt know it would it hurt youre baby?
I've heard that these pregnancies a lot of times don't have good outcomes. But I haven't looked into it recently. I think they leave the IUD in.
It wouldn't necessarily hurt you or the baby, but you'd need to be examined to be certain the embryo is growing in the uterus, and not somewhere else.  If you do get pg with an IUD, I think they generally like to leave the IUD in place during the pg because removing it could cause a miscarriage.
my mom had that happen to here she didnt even know she was preggo she was feeling something in ur tummmy hurting this was after my older sister like a year or two she put a iud in her and i guess it was put in wrong cuz she was preggo and she went to the hospital and she couldnt believe she was 6 months she had vrius in her uterus from the iud which caused her to go into labor and had a stillborn it was a boy and my mom knew when she got preggo again with me and my other sister it was gonna be girls cuz she didnt feel anything with the boy its said i would go to a doc its not safe!
Hi!

I found out I was pregnant with my IUD in on October 29th. My OB told me that an IUD does not hurt the baby but that it must be removed immediatly to prevent infection and premature labour. The removal of the IUD can increase the chances of MC but leaving it in causes more complications and higher chances of pre term birth. Overall, the IUD being in doubles the risk of MC. I sadly MC on Nov 22 and it may or may not have been due to the IUD or it's removal?? I'm trying to conceive right now.
thanks for the help.
are the symtoms of pregnancy any different with an iud in place? how many people actually get pregnant with iud's in? what are symtoms of being pregnant with an iud in place?
First off what IUD do you have? I had a scare when i first got with my best friend/ boyfriend, that we was pg. and i did research on it. Like i have the Merina, and the outcomes are not good. not at all.
Warnings and Precautions
Ectopic Pregnancy
Evaluate women who become pregnant while using Mirena for ectopic pregnancy. Up to half of pregnancies that occur with Mirena in place are ectopic. The incidence of ectopic pregnancy in clinical trials that excluded women with risk factors for ectopic pregnancy was approximately 0.1% per year.

Tell women who choose Mirena about the risks of ectopic pregnancy, including the loss of fertility. Teach them to recognize and report to their physician promptly any symptoms of ectopic pregnancy. Women with a previous history of ectopic pregnancy, tubal surgery or pelvic infection carry a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy.

The risk of ectopic pregnancy in women who have a history of ectopic pregnancy and use Mirena is unknown. Clinical trials of Mirena excluded women with a history of ectopic pregnancy.

Intrauterine Pregnancy
If pregnancy should occur with Mirena in place, Mirena should be removed. Removal or manipulation of Mirena may result in pregnancy loss. In the event of an intrauterine pregnancy with Mirena, consider the following:

Septic abortion
In patients becoming pregnant with an IUD in place, septic abortion—with septicemia, septic shock, and death—may occur.

Continuation of pregnancy
If a woman becomes pregnant with Mirena in place and if Mirena cannot be removed or the woman chooses not to have it removed, she should be warned that failure to remove Mirena increases the risk of miscarriage, sepsis, premature labor and premature delivery. She should be followed closely and advised to report immediately any flu-like symptoms, fever, chills, cramping, pain, bleeding, vaginal discharge or leakage of fluid.

Long-term effects and congenital anomalies
When pregnancy continues with Mirena in place, long-term effects on the offspring are unknown. As of September 2006, 390 live births out of an estimated 9.9 million Mirena users had been reported. Congenital anomalies in live births have occurred infrequently. No clear trend towards specific anomalies has been observed. Because of the intrauterine administration of levonorgestrel and local exposure of the fetus to the hormone, the possibility of teratogenicity following exposure to Mirena cannot be completely excluded. Some observational data support a small increased risk of masculinization of the external genitalia of the female fetus following exposure to progestins at doses greater than those currently used for oral contraception. Whether these data apply to Mirena is unknown.