Aa
A
A
Close
pregnat ,but no sac in uterus
i went to hospital because i took a pregnancy home test and show a positive. i was previouly spooting few days before . so i decide to go to ER, because i also had pain. it was confirmed with a blood test that showed my hormone level at 5346, a sonogram was done but no baby, the sono did not show an ectopic pregnacy can i still have a chance of a normal pregnancy. i just had another blood test to verify if my levels went down or up 3/21/07, i will see a GYN DOCTOR 3/22/07 i pray my baby is ok if i have one.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
how far along are you? it may be to early for them to see anything.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
151154_tn?1208134182
Is there no baby or no sac....theres a difference.  If there is no baby its okay....way too early.  They had a hard time finding a sac for me at 4 weeks.  They saw it transvaginal but very tiny.   don't get too upset yet
Comment
Cancel
151154_tn?1208134182
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
93654_tn?1247502934
My ectopic was never located on an ultrasound, and my levels were over 5000. I hope this is not the case, but be prepared- just because they don't see a pregnancy in the tube doesn't mean it's not there or somewhere else.

Or, it could just be the quality of the u/s that was used. My best friend had an u/s at 6 weeks, and nothing was seen. 2 weeks later, everything was there- sac, fetus, and HB, so it could really go either way.
Comment
Cancel
93654_tn?1247502934
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
174515_tn?1191710869
usually by the time the hcg hits 1000 there should be a sack. i am assuming there wasn't since the doctor was looking for an ectopic. unfortunately this may have been what is called a chemical pregnancy. or at the ob appointment things could be just fine. it's really a toss up. but i have read several times that the hcg has to be at least 1000 for a sack to be found.

good luck
Comment
Cancel
174515_tn?1191710869
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Mariabell- I was thinking of you today -you had your ultrasound.  I pray all went well.  Let us know
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
pregnat ,but no sac in uterus
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources