pregnat ,but no sac in uterus
i went to hospital because i took a pregnancy home test and show a positive. i was previouly spooting few days before . so i decide to go to ER, because i also had pain. it was confirmed with a blood test that showed my hormone level at 5346, a sonogram was done but no baby, the sono did not show an ectopic pregnacy can i still have a chance of a normal pregnancy. i just had another blood test to verify if my levels went down or up 3/21/07, i will see a GYN DOCTOR 3/22/07 i pray my baby is ok if i have one.
how far along are you? it may be to early for them to see anything.
Is there no baby or no sac....theres a difference.  If there is no baby its okay....way too early.  They had a hard time finding a sac for me at 4 weeks.  They saw it transvaginal but very tiny.   don't get too upset yet
My ectopic was never located on an ultrasound, and my levels were over 5000. I hope this is not the case, but be prepared- just because they don't see a pregnancy in the tube doesn't mean it's not there or somewhere else.

Or, it could just be the quality of the u/s that was used. My best friend had an u/s at 6 weeks, and nothing was seen. 2 weeks later, everything was there- sac, fetus, and HB, so it could really go either way.
usually by the time the hcg hits 1000 there should be a sack. i am assuming there wasn't since the doctor was looking for an ectopic. unfortunately this may have been what is called a chemical pregnancy. or at the ob appointment things could be just fine. it's really a toss up. but i have read several times that the hcg has to be at least 1000 for a sack to be found.

good luck
Mariabell- I was thinking of you today -you had your ultrasound.  I pray all went well.  Let us know