prenatal screening
I am 35 and went for a 12 week neuchal-translucency(?) test yesterday. The doctor said that although a measurement under 3 is fine, she is concerned that mine was 2.4 because I am 35 years old. We are still waiting for the blood test results.  I have already had 2 m/c this year and now I am worried that ther is something wrong with this baby now that I am finally pregnanct....Any advice?
I think it's silly that a doctor would say that 'under 3 is fine' but then be concerned if yours is '2.4'.  If I were you I would ask for a bit more clarification on the number game with your doctor.  I could see how it would be frustrating and confusing to deal with that.  If you feel good, try not to worry too much (easier said than done, eh?).
cdw
I'm sorry your worrying. I have mine in 2 weeks and i'm already worried. I have had 3 m/c, 35y/o and know from fertility tx poor eggs. I got prg this time au natural and are concerned of the quailty of the embroy developing.  However, as for your #..that is pretty good from my understanding. The AFP will give more info and then you can go from that point. Well, that is what my DR said to me! Most important..congrats on your pregnancy.
Thanks. I have to keep telling myself that at this point- there is nothing wrong with the baby.  Hopefully the rest of hte results will confirm that.